Peabody High School Football

oldschoolpeabody

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why don't everyone on here that is complaining post their real names so Coach Scott and Coach Haney can know who you are and maybe things can be addressed to you.... Or why don't you call Coach Haney or Coach Scott yourselves and complain to him in person instead of hiding behind a screen name on coacht. Coach Scott is not as bad of a coach as ya'll are making him out to be. Complaining on coacht is doing nothing for the players, fans, or coaches except making things rougher. Support the coach/coaches and his players and maybe bright things will come out of the situation! Like I said, Peabody plays alot of Freshman and Sophomores this year. There's a BIG step from middle school football to high school football. Give these guys that are playing as Freshman and Sophomores some time to adjust to the high school level.

Good Luck to Coach Scott and Trenton this year from your rival school right down the road!!!!!!!

I have but one point to make on this topic. There are a lot of people talking about Peabody football here that know nothing of it. Post after post about "how young" Peabody is. Fact is this team is loaded with Jrs. and Seniors. Maybe three Soph play. Freshman do not dress for Friday nights games. I'm not taking sides in this fight, I just thought I would point out some of you have no idea what you are talking about. Maybe all of you?

Why don't everyone on here that is complaining post their real names so Coach Scott and Coach Haney can know who you are and maybe things can be addressed to you.... Or why don't you call Coach Haney or Coach Scott yourselves and complain to him in person instead of hiding behind a screen name on coacht. Coach Scott is not as bad of a coach as ya'll are making him out to be. Complaining on coacht is doing nothing for the players, fans, or coaches except making things rougher. Support the coach/coaches and his players and maybe bright things will come out of the situation! Like I said, Peabody plays alot of Freshman and Sophomores this year. There's a BIG step from middle school football to high school football. Give these guys that are playing as Freshman and Sophomores some time to adjust to the high school level.

Good Luck to Coach Scott and Trenton this year from your rival school right down the road!!!!!!!

1. What is your name, GCPioneer?

2. You don't know what your talkin bout. I haven't seen a single freshman dress out on Friday night. And from what I can tell, there are very few sophmors seeing any playin time.

If you are a pioneer, I think you have enough to worry about with what you people call a football team. Absolutely pitiful.

When gibson county has an unsuccesfull year you don't see gcpioneer running to the message boards blasting the gibson county coaches, so lay off oldschoolpeabody. And I haven't seen peabody play this year, but if gc pioneer is basing his statement about lots of underclassmen playing for peabody this year on what people have said on coacht, then its understandable because I've heard many people get on here saying that peabody is young and has talent, but struggles to win(however that may or may not be true,its what is said on here). Lots of schools go through slumps, look at bruceton, but their fans for the most part get on here and try to support their kids and what the coaches are trying to do, maybe you should try that.

GC pioneer i respect you and have no problem with you. But let me say this i don't have to blast no one behind a screen name. They know me Haney and Scott both i worked for one of their sponsor for years believe me they know who i am! I am not afraid of nothing or no one my friend if you think that you are crazy! I know there is a big jump from Middle School to High School. That what coaching is for to help make the ajustments you can't be happy making the playoffs every 4 or 5 years. Go watch Peabody practice one day and you will see what i am talking about. Practice is soft and why are the kids down and out. I talk to one this morning and he told me they were tired of being beat in the ground every week! Let me say this i don't want to make you mad here is a example! You posted this could be a break out year for GC. They would be much better to be honest i don't see GC winning a game. You tell me are the people of GC happy with that be honest don't sugar coat it. I not going to sugar coat any thing i post on here i speak from the mind not the heart! Once SGHS gets all four grades just think how bad it will be for GC then. I understand where you are coming from. I mean no direspect toward GC but they will never get a good coach there simply because they have no tradition. GC has to be happy with 1 or 2 wins a year but Peabody does not! You 21 years old don't get on here and try to post something you nothing about! You are 21 you don't much to start with all you know is what you be told or read somewhere! There is to many people in this town that feel the same way i do. You address the whole town the next time you post about Peabody! Simple as that Scott needs to go this is for you!!! :flower:

Week 5 is a bad time for this type of conversation. Just circle the wagons and support the team. The kids don't need the extra stress.

I talk to a kid this morning that plays they are the ones that are complaining! When you get beat in the ground week after week kids get down and out! True there will be no changes this year to late for that perhaps some one in charge will come to their senses in the off season! :flower:

GC pioneer i respect you and have no problem with you. But let me say this i don't have to blast no one behind a screen name. They know me Haney and Scott both i worked for one of their sponsor for years believe me they know who i am! I am not afraid of nothing or no one my friend if you think that you are crazy! I know there is a big jump from Middle School to High School. That what coaching is for to help make the ajustments you can't be happy making the playoffs every 4 or 5 years. Go watch Peabody practice one day and you will see what i am talking about. Practice is soft and why are the kids down and out. I talk to one this morning and he told me they were tired of being beat in the ground every week! Let me say this i don't want to make you mad here is a example! You posted this could be a break out year for GC. They would be much better to be honest i don't see GC winning a game. You tell me are the people of GC happy with that be honest don't sugar coat it. I not going to sugar coat any thing i post on here i speak from the mind not the heart! Once SGHS gets all four grades just think how bad it will be for GC then. I understand where you are coming from. I mean no direspect toward GC but they will never get a good coach there simply because they have no tradition. GC has to be happy with 1 or 2 wins a year but Peabody does not! You 21 years old don't get on here and try to post something you nothing about! You are 21 you don't much to start with all you know is what you be told or read somewhere! There is to many people in this town that feel the same way i do. You address the whole town the next time you post about Peabody! Simple as that Scott needs to go this is for you!!! :mrgreen:

Zebra, why don't you post your name on here then. If they know who you are it should not be a big deal. I think it is very cowardly to do what you guys are doing. You hide behind that screen name and then say they know me. Really? Are you sure they know what your screen name is? I am not intending to be mean, but you guys are crossing a line in my opinion. Before Kendell Harper, when was your last deep run in the playoffs? I mean when was the last time you got past the quarters? You guys have always had to play Milan, Westview, Humboldt, as well as Huntindon, JCS, and USJ some years. That is a tough year for any team. As an outsider looking in, you have never had the talent to be at the top of that region year in and year out.

By the way, I am not hiding behind a screen name.

HAHAHA, this goes from you bashing Peabody football to Gibson Co. football! How about all you "KNOW IT ALLS" go to school and become a coach and take over! I'm not sure Coach Scott knows who I am, but I do know Coach Argo knows who I am on here. Even though he is at the middle school, him and Coach Scott still talk. Every school goes through slumps! You people claimed Coach Scott as mayor of Trenton when he took Trenton to the state semi's! Now, he's supposedly the worst thing to ever happen to Trenton Peabody football. Why don't I see you guys complaining about basketball (girls and boys), softball, baseball etc... it seems as if all the sports are down at Peabody High School! Maybe it is the overall talent in the school.

I'm not going to get on here and make excuses for Gibson Co. football this year. Yes, I thought we'd fair better than what we have done thus far, however we haven't! Injuries, bad choices etc... I'm not going to sit here and bash coaches of the schools!!!! You guys have no idea of the pressure that coaches get put under from armchair QB's like you all! Like I said, go complain to your Athletic Director or even Coach Scott himself, if you all are man enough. I've made my point on this topic and I'm done with it. Best of Luck to Coach Scott, the coaches around him, as well as the Peabody players!

HAHAHA, this goes from you bashing Peabody football to Gibson Co. football! How about all you "KNOW IT ALLS" go to school and become a coach and take over! I'm not sure Coach Scott knows who I am, but I do know Coach Argo knows who I am on here. Even though he is at the middle school, him and Coach Scott still talk. Every school goes through slumps! You people claimed Coach Scott as mayor of Trenton when he took Trenton to the state semi's! Now, he's supposedly the worst thing to ever happen to Trenton Peabody football. Why don't I see you guys complaining about basketball (girls and boys), softball, baseball etc... it seems as if all the sports are down at Peabody High School! Maybe it is the overall talent in the school.

I'm not going to get on here and make excuses for Gibson Co. football this year. Yes, I thought we'd fair better than what we have done thus far, however we haven't! Injuries, bad choices etc... I'm not going to sit here and bash coaches of the schools!!!! You guys have no idea of the pressure that coaches get put under from armchair QB's like you all! Like I said, go complain to your Athletic Director or even Coach Scott himself, if you all are man enough. I've made my point on this topic and I'm done with it. Best of Luck to Coach Scott, the coaches around him, as well as the Peabody players!

Now this is true. All sports are down at Peabody. And that does speak to the over all talent at the school. Great point GC! The coaches are the coaches, good, bad, or indifferent. They are there, they are going to be there, and if you don't like it, go to the Super, the Board, or the coach. Posting here will not "change" a darn thing, it will only bring the team(s) down more. If you feel "change" is whats best for the program(s) go about it the right way. Then again, maybe the "frustration" is not about the program(s) at all.

Lets try an experiment GC.

:ph34r:

How many of you "WE NEED A CHANGE" people have a kid on the football team?

Do they start?

Do they play?

Did you play football in school?

Did you start?

Did you play?

Are you a booster?

Have you ever been a coach?

Let's get to the root of this now. I don't think W's and L's is the issue here.