WILLIAMBLOUNT@HERITAGE

bigfoot123

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just some facts ...

Heritage is 3-2. The overall record of their five opponents is 7-15. They have played one team with a winning record (Maryville 3-1). They have scored 85 points on the season ... have given up 91.

William Blount is 2-3. The overall record of their five opponents is 15-9. They have played three teams with winning records (Sevier County 5-0; Bearden 5-0; Catholic 3-1). They have scored 103 points on the season ... have given up 148.

The only common opponent they share thus far is Karns. Heritage defeated the Beavers 21-13; WB beat them 35-34. The only other "even close common denominator" would be the fact that Heritage lost to Seymour 21-7, the following week Jefferson County defeated Seymour 7-3 ... William Blount beat Jefferson County 38-35.

Heritage will have the home field advantage. Not sure of their injury status ... hopefully they are healthy. William Blount, of course, will be without the services of possibly their most dangerous offensive weapon and another key senior ... if you've read the Times and Sentinel, you know all about it.

While this year's game certainly has the potential to be the closest between these two schools in a long time, I still have to install the Governors as the favorites. Blount's schedule has been much tougher overall and they have competed well against two of the top teams in their region, taking them both into the fourth quarter trailing by a touchdown or less.

Looking forward to coming up to the "most beautiful setting I know" to watch the game and enjoying some of that delicious Heritage concession food. Should be a great game between two great rivals. Good luck to both and GO GOVS!

Just some facts ...

Heritage is 3-2. The overall record of their five opponents is 7-15. They have played one team with a winning record (Maryville 3-1). They have scored 85 points on the season ... have given up 91.

William Blount is 2-3. The overall record of their five opponents is 15-9. They have played three teams with winning records (Sevier County 5-0; Bearden 5-0; Catholic 3-1). They have scored 103 points on the season ... have given up 148.

The only common opponent they share thus far is Karns. Heritage defeated the Beavers 21-13; WB beat them 35-34. The only other "even close common denominator" would be the fact that Heritage lost to Seymour 21-7, the following week Jefferson County defeated Seymour 7-3 ... William Blount beat Jefferson County 38-35.

Heritage will have the home field advantage. Not sure of their injury status ... hopefully they are healthy. William Blount, of course, will be without the services of possibly their most dangerous offensive weapon and another key senior ... if you've read the Times and Sentinel, you know all about it.

While this year's game certainly has the potential to be the closest between these two schools in a long time, I still have to install the Governors as the favorites. Blount's schedule has been much tougher overall and they have competed well against two of the top teams in their region, taking them both into the fourth quarter trailing by a touchdown or less.

Looking forward to coming up to the "most beautiful setting I know" to watch the game and enjoying some of that delicious Heritage concession food. Should be a great game between two great rivals. Good luck to both and GO GOVS!

Should be a good one -- at least, I hope so. Will be interesting, too, with both teams being led by new head coaches. The streak is at 12, right?

Does it seem as though William Blount's pass defense has improved over the last couple of weeks? I know Jefferson Co. is only going to throw it a few times per game, but Catholic only had so-so passing numbers (though some would say it was poor weather for passing).

As for Heritage, I'm still wondering exactly what took place at Seymour -- according to The Daily Times, 15 minus yardage plays!

I couldn't help but notice there hadn't yet been any mention of The Bell. Hopefully it's still around. If not, maybe someone could locate Coach T's own Heather Harrington for a hard-hitting investigative sideline report this Friday.

I don't want to sidetrack the thread, but I would be curious to read the opinions of William Blount followers in regard to how they feel Sevier Co., Bearden and Catholic compare. Maybe a separate thread? With those 3 teams being ranked, WB offers a pretty unique perspective. So for those who actually attended all of the games, please chime in. After all, opponents aren't nearly so sensitive as some home folk.

I like Heritage in this one. I expect this to be an incredibly close battle and possibly the most exciting game in Blount County this year. WB could easily win this game but for some reason I am feeling Heritage this year. Good luck to both teams

I hope it just something you ate last night! :flower: You're right, should be a good game. I'm a homer for sure for the Govs, but trying to separate myself from that, I still think WB has to be the favorite. We'll see!

William Blount is an extremely dangerous team this year. Our three losses have come to teams with a combined one loss. Playing such a difficult schedule has helped the younger players on our team grow up in a hurry.

Heritage is a better team than they were last year, but it won't be enough this Friday night.

I wish I could be there to see it, but WB will beat the Mountaineers and keep the bell!

WB-33

Heritage-9

Go Govs!! :mrgreen: