Best players in 13aa

burgman

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's just say that OC is ok with what they have but everyone will have to wait and see who the new assistant coach for the boys and girls can recruit from the other area schools from Obion, Weakley, Dyer, and Fulton County. Rumor has it that there is alot of it taking place, Let's just hope that he does not bring down all of the local schools down (probation) because of some power trip he is on and some of the promises he is telling people....

I've seen OC play and the barber kid can shoot until he has someone on him that has real good defense and the other kid he really didnt show me much.

I haven't seen or heard anything about ripley, haywood, westview, crockett co., milan, covington, or gibson co. Is gibson co. doing better this year who all do they have that might step up this year or are they gone have another losing season.

Our best player, Terrance Rodgers, was kicked off the team. That's a HUGE loss for the team and a huge loss for Terrance as well with this being his Senior season. He is definately capable enough of playing JUCO ball around here.

We do return some players that played alot last year. We return Denzel Harris, Michael Horton, Mitchell Simpson and Devaunte Watson. I hope we have a post player or two somewhere in there. We lost Ralph Masagna to graduation. I believe Coach Hart knows what he's doing and should have Gibson Co. winning ball games thsi year.

Milan will be decent this year as well. They return some solid players from last years team. They lost Sheppherd, Douglas and Postoak to graduation, but they return Adkisson, Vandiver, Vaughn, Moore and Chatman. All of which are good players. They could make some noise if a team choses to overlook them.

Gibson Co. graduated 4 Seniors last year. Those 4 being Josh Reeves who signed to play with Sewanee, Ralph Masagna who signed to play with Lambuth, Ryan Coleman and Jacque Evans.

This years Seniors are Mark Roach, Tony Eskew, Devaunte Watson and Will Holloman. We have some solid Juniors as well this year.

The player that this district needs to watch out for over the next couple of years is Mitchell Simpson from GC. He's only a Sophomore, but has unreal potential. From what I hear, he has gotten better since last year and is starting to grow into a man. I'm not saying he'll be the best in the District, but if he fills into the potential he has, he could very well be the best player in the district by his Senior season.

I'd be lying to you if I tried to do a top 10 list of players out of 13AA. I know Haywood, Covington and Ripley will make this District alot tougher than what it has been in the previous years.

I believe the 13AA regular season champs will be Covington. They're well coached and have athletes galore. I know they graduated some good plaeyrs last year, but they have plenty of talent to do what it takes to finish #1 in the district in regular season.

I believe the 13AA tournament champs will be Milan. I believe Coach Sheppherd will have them ready for the tournaments and playing well at that time. They return alot of experience on the court. They may have lost 3 good players in Sheppherd, Postoak and Douglas, but they return quite a bit. The only worry I have about Milan is their post play. They have Beau Vandiver, but he doesn't have great heigth for a post player. However, he can definately jump with any post player in the district.