District 14 A

volfan007

If you read my post, you'd see where I said TT is a great player and an amazing athlete! I saw TT 3 times last year and never once saw her continuously use her left hand if she needed to and that was against competitive teams for Lake Co. last year. She went with her right hand almost every time in all 3 games. I'm not the only one who has seen it. She's a great player like I said! She can score, there's no doubt about it. She may have developed that left hand over the summer, which will make her just that much more tough to guard. TT will definately wind up D1 barring any injuries! Good luck to her throughout her HS career!

As for GC's Freshman from last year... Her name is Courtney Haynes. She is every bit as quick as Jeniqua Jennings that played for GC last year. Courtney was the second best shooter for GC last year behind Butler. Haynes shot 7-11 from 3 pt. range against a solid Henry Co. team last year in her first game as a Freshman. No, I'm not saying she's better than TT, bigster just mentioned her and I through in my 2 cents.

That's her..I heard some good things about her from one of the Lake Co coaches when she was in the 8th grade..Said he thought T.T. ,Haynes and the Swain kid were the best or at least 3 of the best in the area.Seems like Central has a star freshman also or was a freshman last year.!

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Courtney, TT, and Taylor Swaim are the 3 top players in rural West TN in their respective classes. They each have an advantage on the other. Courtney can absolutely shoot the lights out, TT beats players with her quickness, and Taylor is just good. It'd be nice to see those 3 play together on an AAU program. They could very well possibly be playing together in college at a local D1 university if they keep getting better! :thumb:

bigster, LC and GC could make for some very interesting games over the next 5-6 years! You should talk LC's coach into calling up Coach Russell next year and get some games between the two schools. As a matter a fact, GC might actually be dropping down to Single A here soon (since South Gibson is being built) which is going to be very very scary for opposing teams in that district. Our junior highs are loaded with talent right now from 6th-8th grade! I'm not saying that we'll be state champs and all that, however the future talent for GC is looking pretty nice!

Courtney, TT, and Taylor Swaim are the 3 top players in rural West TN in their respective classes. They each have an advantage on the other. Courtney can absolutely shoot the lights out, TT beats players with her quickness, and Taylor is just good. It'd be nice to see those 3 play together on an AAU program. They could very well possibly be playing together in college at a local D1 university if they keep getting better! :roflol:

bigster, LC and GC could make for some very interesting games over the next 5-6 years! You should talk LC's coach into calling up Coach Russell next year and get some games between the two schools. As a matter a fact, GC might actually be dropping down to Single A here soon (since South Gibson is being built) which is going to be very very scary for opposing teams in that district. Our junior highs are loaded with talent right now from 6th-8th grade! I'm not saying that we'll be state champs and all that, however the future talent for GC is looking pretty nice!

I'll say something to him but the AAU coach for T.T. and Carnation and the Evergreen team is on here a lot so I'm sure he'll see this and is very close to the coaches..I'd love to see them play..maybe not this year..lol..but I'm sure Gibson Co will lose some girls if that happens.With T.T. and Carnation only sophomores and Shamon Pearson just a freshman..should be talented the next several years..And in some of my posts earlier,I've been talking about two more talented middle school players..I' thought one of them was also a freshman this year that hangs out with Shamon Pearson all the time..I've been calling her Butler..But then I got to thinking..Her name is Tiana Gray..She's pretty talented as well and they also have a Yancey girl ,if she's still there..I saw the Yancey girl as a 6th grader and she looked to be a younger version as T.T. as far as speed.If both those girls are still at the middle school..they should be pretty hard to beat ..!Lake Co girls look to be very strong the next 5 years at least.!

Gibson Co. has already lost a couple of girls to South Gibson. Taylor Moore, who got quality playing time last year as a Freshman, transferred to South Gibson as did 1 or 2 other Freshman from Medina. However, the 6th-8th grade girls that I was talking about being very good, are in GC's feeder schools. (Yorkville, Spring Hill, Rutherford, Dyer) All 4 of those schools have players that are extremely talented for their age, predominately the 6th-7th graders. There's not just 1 stud player out of those 4 schools. They're all evenly balanced in talent and could be the future of how GC girls basketball turns out after losing the Medina players. Oh ya, this years Freshman class is loaded as well!

I'm being dead serious....Lake Co. and Gibson Co. could make for some classic battles over the next couple of years!

GCPioneer,

Do you really see GC dropping down to 1A in the future? I was wondering that myself, with So. Gibson in the mix now. And, if yall did, then I guess yall would in District 14A, would you not? If so, that could get very interesting.

Also, how good do you see So. Gibson being this year? next year?

GCPioneer,

Do you really see GC dropping down to 1A in the future? I was wondering that myself, with So. Gibson in the mix now. And, if yall did, then I guess yall would in District 14A, would you not? If so, that could get very interesting.

Also, how good do you see So. Gibson being this year? next year?

I'm going to give my honest unbiased opinion on this. Me and a couple of my buddies talked on both of these subjects tonight on our way down to watch MUS and Christian Brothers play.

First off.....

by the time South Gibson gets all 4 grade levels into the high school (right now it's just Freshman and Sophomores), GC will most likely drop to Single A in basketball. If GC drops down to Single A, we could be seeing a Jackson Co. type of program here in West TN. GC's 4 feeder schools right now are loaded with talent and we look to have a very solid group of players for quite awhile. If GC does drop to Single A, I see them being in 14A and I see Greenfield going into the District with Gleason, McKenzie, Dresden etc...

Second off.....

I honestly see South Gibson being very good in girls basketball by the time they get all 4 grade levels into the school system. This coming year, their main player will be Taylor Moore. She's a Sophomore right now at South Gibson. She got alot of quality playing time last year as a Freshman and saw time in the state tournaments as well with Gibson Co. Hannah Cook is another name to watch out for at South Gibson this coming year. Hannah can shoot the ball extremely well. My only worry about South Gibson is their post play. I'm not exactly sure what post players they have for them right now, but normally to compete in Single A around here you don't exactly have to have a dominant post player. I think South Gibson will be ok this year and they will win some ball games. By the time South Gibson get's all 4 grade levels into the school, I expect them to be a AA program.

Interesting. Thanks for your response. So, you and your friend think that Greenfield would go to district 13A. That would be good for us. I agree about So. Gibson. They have a good coach, and they have some good players on the team now. I think they will do a lot better than people think this year, and especially next year.

I do see So. Gibson hurting Gibson Co.....by losing players that would have been Lady Pioneers. But, Gibson Co. will still be very good.

How can u say South Gibson has a good coach she has never coached a game! Just because u were a good player doesn't make u a good coach. Also Jackilann Street will likely not only be one of the best players in this area in the future but this year. I'm sorry but head to head Molly Wallsmith is the player I would want on my team over TT, Swain, or Haynes. But only time will tell and right now all this is opinion and everyone has one.

why does everyone think Larry Eddings is going to make a big difference for Bradford? It's not like the guy that was their didn't rebuild their program. 53 wins the past 2 years and a state semi-final appearance plus sub-state this year. Maybe they should have one but lots of good teams have not won the state championship. Eddings may be a good coach and did well at Bethel but did very little while at GC made the sectionals one year. I don't believe he won a championship at the high school level. I wish Bradford the best but don't forget what Paschall was able to build for him. He brought those girls along since 6th grade or before. Good luck to everyone this year.

How can u say South Gibson has a good coach she has never coached a game! Just because u were a good player doesn't make u a good coach. Also Jackilann Street will likely not only be one of the best players in this area in the future but this year. I'm sorry but head to head Molly Wallsmith is the player I would want on my team over TT, Swain, or Haynes. But only time will tell and right now all this is opinion and everyone has one.

You're talking about a senior against 3 sophomores..but even in that..I cant speak for Swain or Haynes becaus eI havent seen them enough but I will post about the comparisions between T.T. and Molly..First..I'd love to have both of them on my team..Second..the only edge I would give to Molly is a better outside shot..But in saying that.if T.T. was to guard her I dont think Molly would get many points.Molly will score because Bradford may pass the ball around and maybe get a screen or just maybe get get an open look in the team scheme of things..Molly wouldnt get her shot off against T.T. most of the time..T.T. is just too quick..Now on the other side of the ball..T.T. could take Molly to the basket at will unless Molly had some help with a team mate coming over to help out.If not..Molly would be caught reaching in trying to stay up with T.T. and would foul out..As far as one on one..I dont think it would be a comparision because T.T. is too quick..Molly wouldnt be able to get her shot off..Molly gets a lot of her points off free throws also..I know thats pard of the game but Lake co will probably put Phelps or someone other than T.T. on Molly when they play..then if T.T. doesnt have but maybe 1 or 2 fouls..you'll probably be able to see the difference..And I'll bet Bradford won't put Molly guarding T.T. one on one..And Street has excellent speed..just not T.T. Flowers speed.!I saw Flowers put some moves on people last year..surprised they didnt turn their ankle..As a matter of fact..I believe against Bradford in the tournaments..there was a play like that and the defender just laughed.T.T. scores on several shots to the basket last year that had me asking how in the world she did that move..She's the most athletic girl in District 14A as far as overall talent.!

LOL, I'd take a Senior with experience over Sophomores with no experience. OH WAIT!!!!! All 3 of those girls have just as much "big time" experience as Molly has had. All 3 (TT, Swain, Haynes) have played in a state tournament and now have just as much "big time" experience as Molly has had. One of those 3 even won a state championship and got quality playing time on that state championship team. Honestly, if I were to pick 1 out of the 4 that have been mentioned, I'd take TT. She's the quickest and most athletic out of all of those and plays good defense as well. She'll get her points. Molly is a great player and will play college ball. I just think TT will wind up being the better overall player.

T T Flowers was better as a freshman than Molly Wallsmith was as a Junior and TT Flowers will be better as a sophomore than Molly Wallsmith will be this year. I have nothing against Molly and her game but TT Flowers is in a class by herself. You dont see girls like TT come around very often, she carried Lake County as a freshman. Molly has had a whole lot more help throughout her career.

And Meredith Richardson will be a fine coach. Lets give her a couple years and see.