District 14 A

volfan007

WCHS,

His name is Markeith Payne. I had not heard that he left Greenfield. He's a good kid, but he did not play anything here in Greenfield. When he was in JR. high he was a dominating lineman in football. But, he would not work hard, and he was just interested in joking around and cutting up. I would doubt that he'd play football for Martin, but if he does, and he gets serious about it, he could be a good one.

Well it's good at least that he is a good kid. My son said he was at football practice yesterday for the first time, but you are right---he'll have to have a serious change in attitude to last in Coady's system. We have 2 other kids that were at Greenfield too, the Scott kid came over about 3-4 years ago---I know his dad and he is a dang good guy and he played at Martin way back in the day and I believe his mom is from Greenfield and the Moore kid who came last spring. I believe they live around Sharon? I haven't met his parents yet. I believe they were the running back combo for our JV team this year, my son says they are good football players and good young men too. Send more like 'em if you have them to spare....

I was going to the Gleason-Bradford game tonight, but they say it was cancelled. We don't play tonight and we go to Covington tomorrow. Is the Greenfield game still on for tonight? If no one wants to watch the BCS championship, we may come down and check your girls out. They played good against Dyersburg when we watched them. They should go deep in the tourney!! Good luck!

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greenfield played well, shooting the lights out early but Trenton fought back and cut the lead to two, Greenfield didnt panic and kept their composure for a big road win. Trenton is a very good basketball team, much improved from the Thanksgiving Tournament where I last saw them play. Trenton's #10 is a good player and had a great game. You better be ready to play when you go to Trenton this year because they are capable of beating anybody in our district. Mallory Robinson did a good job for Greenfield and made some big shots. Jordan Galey stepped up big in the final minutes scoring our last 9 points and making two big FT's. Good win for the Lady Jackets on the road.

Greenfield played well, shooting the lights out early but Trenton fought back and cut the lead to two, Greenfield didnt panic and kept their composure for a big road win. Trenton is a very good basketball team, much improved from the Thanksgiving Tournament where I last saw them play. Trenton's #10 is a good player and had a great game. You better be ready to play when you go to Trenton this year because they are capable of beating anybody in our district. Mallory Robinson did a good job for Greenfield and made some big shots. Jordan Galey stepped up big in the final minutes scoring our last 9 points and making two big FT's. Good win for the Lady Jackets on the road.

I believe Lake Co plays Trenton Tuesday night.!

Since the game is at Lake County I think Lake County will win but Trenton is much improved and dangerous. Lake County is deeper and should be able to wear them down as the game goes on. It could be a different story at Trenton.

My guess is Lake County by 10.

By looking at Trenton's record..look to be a team that can beat anybody..just depends on which team shows up..I see they only lost to Central by 9 ...Bradford by 3..Humboldt by 4..and Greenfield by 4..All pretty close losses..Then they beat Union City by 19..beat Bradford by 20 plus..Not a team that needs to be taken lightly..The Lake Co girls had better come to play or will suffer a loss.!

Referring to the Bradford/Gleason game, they are both goooood teams and need to be respected, I'm hoping for Bradford to win.

BRADFORD HAS 3 GOOOOOD TEAMS TO FACE THIS WEEK. BRADFORD @ THE BOLDT TUESDAY, THEN GLEASON @ HOME THURSDAY AND UNION CITY @ HOME FRIDAY. WE WILL SEE WHAT BRADFORD IS MADE OF THIS WEEK.

You're right..The Gleason game seems to be the marquee game,especially with them being ranked number 1 in the state..I'm going to try to make that game...But you're right..Humboldt and Union City are both capable of coming away with a win..!