DRAMALESS DISTRICT 7 AAA

riverdaleman

Good Luck to all the teams in the District Tournament...You have worked hard all year to get this far and we definitely want the State Champs to be out of our District!!! I think without a doubt, that we do have the talent to do that....Congratulations to Riverdale on going through the District without a loss....That is certainly Impressive because it is by far, one of the toughest districts that we have ever encountered before....Every game this season was one that you had to come prepared for...There was no room to let your guard down...Any and all teams were competitive and did a great job!!! It should be a very interesting district tournament.....Whoever gets the honor of going to the state - This district should all stand behind them because they worked and fought really hard to get there!! All teams should be proud of their accomplishments..Good Luck and thanks for a great year of Basketball Ladies!!!

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phargis, I have been reading these post for years and you are certainly correct because I had my button pushed the other night. One thing I can't stand is for referees to be unfair to kids who worked hard all year to be the best they can. It has been happening on and off all year. Now there has been some good ones. By good, I mean they are consistent in every call they make on both sides. Win or lose, it was a fair match. I can respect them for their loyalty to doing the right thing.

My girl has played AAU ball with someone from every school in our district. I know there is a ton of talent in our district. I just want the best for all of them and make sure that they are not injured due to the calls not being made when they should and it then gets ugly with players getting hurt. I love all of these girls and before every game, I pray that they all stay healthy.

Terry, I appreciate your post and your loyalty to this District. If you've read the posts over the years, you know this poster has had the same concerns sometimes with some criticism coming back from whoever. While not agreed with, there is another side to the officiating situation and this web site allows it to make it's position. Also complaints come and go and it makes this poster think that those assigning officials do have a system of Quality that includes having someone look in to different situations because the complaints, except this year, and the complaints usually stop as quickly as they started. Many have said that the officiating is consistant except for a few officials which seem to be casting doubt on others. This likely is a new association that has not been used before with reclassification. The integrity has never been challenged, in fact, just the opposite. If you have been to some games, the pace of the games IS much faster this year and the play and players are doing things that I have not seen done in this district. In general, the coaching level is much, much higher also. Likely AAU in this area is providing a better product. You would know that. More players are getting scholorships at a higher level of schools and sooner. Hopefully the association is on top of the situation.

I think they are but they may need to tweek the situation and they will.

You will agree that if the level of play of 5 of the 6 schools is such and the sixth school improved as much as it did this year, no one can have a bad nite, schools, players or officials and one of the three possibly can and will. The play in this District has not been this good, overall, in the past 8 years I have watched it. Players are being trained better whoever is doing it. Middle School players and coaches seem to have arisen to another level.

Planning on making it to the R'dale Game Monday night if it is not snowed out. If it is when will it be played?

LOD, only Mr. Gill and the schools know. The Great Swami and his Crystal Ball has not made his trip down towards Shelbyville yet but if predictions are right somebody is going to have to make a decision. If that one is cancelled, just travel over the way a little ,if you can get in to the gym, and watch, what i consider the game which has the most at stake, Blackman and Lavergne. This is the "have to" game before the Tournament. This one means more than a lot to Lavergne since they lost the "Pink Eye" match with Riverdale and needs a win before the Tournament.

. The play in this District has not been this good, overall, in the past 8 years I have watched it. Players are being trained better whoever is doing it. Middle School players and coaches seem to have arisen to another level.

If this is true then IMO it would be due to the amount of kids now playing AAU, attending camps and going to private lessons. Not meaning to be disrespectful on the T but "most" not all, middle school programs do more "damage" than "teaching" when it comes to girls basketball in the area. That may open a can of worms but its' the truth and some times the truth can hurt. There are some middle schools that have seen this and gone out and made the correct changes but, still I say, this is one area a lot of parents who have sit through a middle school season and prayed for it to END so that their kid could get going in AAU will agree we need improvement in several of the middle schools. Over all I agree with your comment about the obvious improvement and over time I hope to see the improvements made at the middle schools as well. Girls basketball has become highly competitive and if you don't buy into that then I would encourage you to drop by a gym during tournament action and just see for your self.

Whew, y'all have been doing some posting this weekend, sorry I have missed out but had a very busy Saturday & had to catch up on some homework...

First, I hope everyone had a fantastic Valentine's Day, hope it was good for everyone :thumb:

@IceCold...not sure if you are all that neutral but it's still all good :thumb: I think Quinta is getting more confident as her knee continues to heal. I saw some things she did the other night, that was old Quinta, so I believe as the post season goes, you will see her step up more and more. Sometimes it's not easy coming from a knee injury & not being as mobile as you like.

@ RDMan....what a pleasure to meet you & your lovely wife on Friday night. It was a great gesture for you to come over and encourage our girls. Your unselfishness is one to be admired. You appear to be a great supporter of all sports at RD & hopefully the folks over there appreciate your committment to the program. Also, thanks for recognizing that in my post that I was having fun...we sometimes get on here & take this way tooooo serious. I have seen where people have started name calling & etc. because they allow their flesh get in the way & get offended....ummm I'm not going to call any names, truth & justice.

@ Terry5276, welcome to Coach T although you are new to the board, you are not new to basketball. Glad to see your daughter step up the past 2 games. I think some people have been worried about her and I'm sure they were glad to see the senior and leader of this team come thru with big scoring performances. She's an awesome young lady first & next an awesome player.

I will agree with you about the officiating...it has been horrible and it's not fair for grown folks to come in & not call the game fair, especially when these young folks have worked hard all year long. I think IC stated the players need to not focus so much on the officiating, but that's easier said when you are sitting in the stands watching the game from your nice comfey seat and not getting hacked.

@ Oldhoopsdad....are you Coach Maxwell father?? Just curious, you seem to always appear when something is going on with RD. She is a good coach though, will she win coach of the year??

@ Phargis....LaVergne was in this position last year & not to take anything for granted, I believe we will be ready to play come tournament time. Winning the district would have been nice, but I think the main goals at this point are to win/place in the top 4 at district....win/place top 2 in the regional, win substate....win state!! There's a lot of basketball left to be played.

. The play in this District has not been this good, overall, in the past 8 years I have watched it. Players are being trained better whoever is doing it. Middle School players and coaches seem to have arisen to another level.

If this is true then IMO it would be due to the amount of kids now playing AAU, attending camps and going to private lessons. Not meaning to be disrespectful on the T but "most" not all, middle school programs do more "damage" than "teaching" when it comes to girls basketball in the area. That may open a can of worms but its' the truth and some times the truth can hurt. There are some middle schools that have seen this and gone out and made the correct changes but, still I say, this is one area a lot of parents who have sit through a middle school season and prayed for it to END so that their kid could get going in AAU will agree we need improvement in several of the middle schools. Over all I agree with your comment about the obvious improvement and over time I hope to see the improvements made at the middle schools as well. Girls basketball has become highly competitive and if you don't buy into that then I would encourage you to drop by a gym during tournament action and just see for your self.

I completely disagree withthis statement. In my 7 years of coaching I have seen more harm done by aau coaches it is unreal. Many times we as coaches work form October through February teaching these kids the game to see it all torn down from March through June. Not saying that all AAU programs are bad but a lot of kids are not learning a lot playing on these all star teams. they are playing against better competition on a regular but thats about it. You cant convince me that area AAU coaches are doing more to help these girls than Patrick Stoecker(Siegel) Kim Francis(blackman) and terry patient(rock springs)

Whew, y'all have been doing some posting this weekend, sorry I have missed out but had a very busy Saturday & had to catch up on some homework...

First, I hope everyone had a fantastic Valentine's Day, hope it was good for everyone :thumb:

@IceCold...not sure if you are all that neutral but it's still all good :thumb: I think Quinta is getting more confident as her knee continues to heal. I saw some things she did the other night, that was old Quinta, so I believe as the post season goes, you will see her step up more and more. Sometimes it's not easy coming from a knee injury & not being as mobile as you like.

@ RDMan....what a pleasure to meet you & your lovely wife on Friday night. It was a great gesture for you to come over and encourage our girls. Your unselfishness is one to be admired. You appear to be a great supporter of all sports at RD & hopefully the folks over there appreciate your committment to the program. Also, thanks for recognizing that in my post that I was having fun...we sometimes get on here & take this way tooooo serious. I have seen where people have started name calling & etc. because they allow their flesh get in the way & get offended....ummm I'm not going to call any names, truth & justice.

@ Terry5276, welcome to Coach T although you are new to the board, you are not new to basketball. Glad to see your daughter step up the past 2 games. I think some people have been worried about her and I'm sure they were glad to see the senior and leader of this team come thru with big scoring performances. She's an awesome young lady first & next an awesome player.

I will agree with you about the officiating...it has been horrible and it's not fair for grown folks to come in & not call the game fair, especially when these young folks have worked hard all year long. I think IC stated the players need to not focus so much on the officiating, but that's easier said when you are sitting in the stands watching the game from your nice comfey seat and not getting hacked.

@ Oldhoopsdad....are you Coach Maxwell father?? Just curious, you seem to always appear when something is going on with RD. She is a good coach though, will she win coach of the year??

@ Phargis....LaVergne was in this position last year & not to take anything for granted, I believe we will be ready to play come tournament time. Winning the district would have been nice, but I think the main goals at this point are to win/place in the top 4 at district....win/place top 2 in the regional, win substate....win state!! There's a lot of basketball left to be played.

lol I promise you I am very neutral, I am not even from here and my wife is an Oakland grad I wouldnt be allowed to cheer for Riverdale. Although I think Riverdale is the best team in the district I do think Lavergne is the only team that could beat them in this region

:thumb: I understand you viewpoint.

@ RDMan....what a pleasure to meet you & your lovely wife on Friday night. It was a great gesture for you to come over and encourage our girls. Your unselfishness is one to be admired. You appear to be a great supporter of all sports at RD & hopefully the folks over there appreciate your committment to the program. Also, thanks for recognizing that in my post that I was having fun.

Jazzy, RD is right and I have noticed it also. I have noticed also that you are one of the leaders of the blue nation also. I only compare your daughter and know what I saw two, three years ago and know she Will be a great player at Kentucky and with the attitude of her mother, will continue as a fan of hers for the next four years. Good luck.

@ RDMan....what a pleasure to meet you & your lovely wife on Friday night. It was a great gesture for you to come over and encourage our girls. Your unselfishness is one to be admired. You appear to be a great supporter of all sports at RD & hopefully the folks over there appreciate your committment to the program. Also, thanks for recognizing that in my post that I was having fun.

Jazzy, RD is right and I have noticed it also. I have noticed also that you are one of the leaders of the blue nation also. I only compare your daughter and know what I saw two, three years ago and know she Will be a great player at Kentucky and with the attitude of her mother, will continue as a fan of hers for the next four years. Good luck.

Phargis.....my daughter is not LaQuinta Jefferson who is going to Kentucky, but she is a great player and is going to be a good one for that program..... :thumb: