Who is the most Punishing Hitter?

BigDogDaddy

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted by blount:

The reply was on the best tackler in the state, as which I was reffering to with the best in Tennesse thing. Also, I believe when Fred Lane played for Franklin, he was the best tackler in the state, or do you disagree with that? Lemme me know...

Well, I haven't heard of him and nobody that I have talked to does. What does that tell you? Have you ever heard of Scott Wells (UT), Jake Slaughter (Auburn), Mikki Allen (49ers), Bubba Miller (Philadelphia Eagles), and many many others. Franklin makes good players, but not players that can ever be given the title of "best tackler." sorry

Fred Lane was the starting RB for the Carolina Panthers a few years ago until he was killed by his wife. I don't know much about his defensive abilities so I'm not going to comment on that and appear to be stupid but he was supposed to be incredible on Offense. It truly was a shame that his life had to turn out the way it did.

Posted by Chakra20:
Posted by ubhmwea:
Posted by Roaddog23:

Is BA 5-0, thats what I thouhgt. It looks like Cody Greens been showing up to me. And he does have the capability to be the best player in the state.

Roaddog-you are right on it. BA lives in fantasy land-when you only have less than 10 schools in your whole division it really does not mean as much to win a state title or make an all state team vs. the number of teams and players competing in 5A. That does not mean BA doesn't have good players-they do and they have great coaching. They just need to acknowledge that it is on a smaller level.

As far as Cody Green-he is a great football player and a punishing hitter. In fact Franklin has several young men that can hit and have proven themselves this year-Zach Anderson,Brad Christianson to name a couple. The BA critics can say what they want- I respect the college recruiters opinions the most because they look at all the players no matter what school they go to and they are looking at Green and Anderson.

They wouldnt be on that level if the public schools didnt vote them out. Seems like to me that someone thought they where pretty good and didnt want to play them(*cough* RIVERDALE*COUGH*). But htis is more a public|private debate topic.

Having said that Franklin has a good team this year, but will this be a one hit wonder. Brentwood Academy will be and has been good for many years.

With a coach like Tim Johnson i highly doubt that they will be a one-hit wonder but that remains to be seen. Also, when was the last time that Franklin and BA played against each other. A friend of mine who played for BA in the '60's or '70's(i dont remember which) said there used to be some awesome matchups between the two teams.

Guest ChipBroome
Posted by trojansportsfan:

Scottie Rich from Collinwood.

I would also have to agree the most punishing Hitter to be Scottie Rich of the Collinwood Trojans. He hits like a Dick Bukus or Jack Lambert of the Championship years of Pittsburg Steelers.

Guest fhslb3
Posted by blount:
Posted by BABOB:

Zach Anderson went to BA and left cause he knew he was not gonna be a starter.

That's right. He left because he wouldn't start. Now he is a "star" at FHS. What does that say??

This is Zach Anderson and I do believe that when I came to your school I was slated to start at middle linebacker and fullback. You can ask Coach Moore. Also I was a sophomore for one semester and only went to spring training. I was the strongest pound for pound player on your team as well as the second strongest on the team behind Jake Slaughter, who I believe is an incredible player and obviously has a lot of class. I would put myself up against any player on your team any day of the week. I was not impressed at all with your school or the people there. That is why I left. The attitude did not fit my personality type at all. I am glad to be playing at a program where there is real competition and a run for the state title does not consist of 7 teams. I feel it would be a great accomplishment to win out of over 100 teams. I admire your coaching staff greatly and do not mean this disrespectful to them. Also Darrien Mustin, Teo Townsend and David Holbert are very good players. I've played in serveral states and on several teams. I was good enough to walk on one of the top teams in Alabama and start. As a sophmore I started at a 4000 person high school in Charlotte with 2 All Americans. If that is not good enough for you, that's OK. At least I will identify myself and and not pathetically hide behind a user name. Make sure you know what you talking about before making comments that you do not know anything about. Now your comment about being a star on this team. We don't truly have any stars. We are not indivdual players but we play as a team and that is why we are winning. We don't try to do this for ourselves, but it is our team goal. Maybe you should think about that because it might help you to play better if you even PLAY football. Any true player who puts down others truly does not know anything about this game and what it means.