Who is the most Punishing Hitter?

BigDogDaddy

Well, I haven't heard of him and nobody that I have talked to does. What does that tell you? Have you ever heard of Scott Wells (UT), Jake Slaughter (Auburn), Mikki Allen (49ers), Bubba Miller (Philadelphia Eagles), and many many others. Franklin makes good players, but not players that can ever be given the title of "best tackler." sorry

Fred Lane played proffisional football for the Carolina Panthers, and started at running back, just to let you know.

[Edited by Franktown44 on 10-6-02 1:40P]

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted by blount:
Posted by Roaddog23:

Is BA 5-0, thats what I thouhgt. It looks like Cody Greens been showing up to me. And he does have the capability to be the best player in the state.

HAHAHA! That is pretty cute how yall keep on talking about this 5-0 like it is a big deal. The team that BA lost to was in the top 25 in the nation. We lost by 1 point. When was the last time FHS played a top 25 team. I'd probably have to say never. Too bad he won't be able to show his ability in any big game because FHS will not go far in playoffs.

Yeah, now it's 7-0 compared to what? 3-2. (not including a game against a JV team, that's stupid to include in a season record) Listen. FRANKLIN IS THE REAL DEAL! Live with it. Cody Green is an amazing football player. Live with that too. And live with the fact that we got Zach Andersen and he's producing quite well for us. stinks for you. It'd probally nice to have a player of his quality on your defense. BA is not as great as you think they are. Franklin is better than you think they are. Ugh, people like you just really eat at me cause you have no clue what you're talking about at all.

Guest blount

This is Zach Anderson and I do believe that when I came to your school I was slated to start at middle linebacker and fullback. You can ask Coach Moore. Also I was a sophomore for one semester and only went to spring training. I was the strongest pound for pound player on your team as well as the second strongest on the team behind Jake Slaughter, who I believe is an incredible player and obviously has a lot of class. I would put myself up against any player on your team any day of the week. I was not impressed at all with your school or the people there. That is why I left. The attitude did not fit my personality type at all. I am glad to be playing at a program where there is real competition and a run for the state title does not consist of 7 teams. I feel it would be a great accomplishment to win out of over 100 teams. I admire your coaching staff greatly and do not mean this disrespectful to them. Also Darrien Mustin, Teo Townsend and David Holbert are very good players. I've played in serveral states and on several teams. I was good enough to walk on one of the top teams in Alabama and start. As a sophmore I started at a 4000 person high school in Charlotte with 2 All Americans. If that is not good enough for you, that's OK. At least I will identify myself and and not pathetically hide behind a user name. Make sure you know what you talking about before making comments that you do not know anything about. Now your comment about being a star on this team. We don't truly have any stars. We are not indivdual players but we play as a team and that is why we are winning. We don't try to do this for ourselves, but it is our team goal. Maybe you should think about that because it might help you to play better if you even PLAY football. Any true player who puts down others truly does not know anything about this game and what it means.

Man, you wrote a lot. The second strongest on the team??? Jake Slaughter, Taylor Bourgeois, Austin Bourgeois, Tyler Smith, and some others. I am sorry. You were not the strongest pound for pound player either. Again, I am sorry. Well, good luck with your season.

Posted by blount:

This is Zach Anderson and I do believe that when I came to your school I was slated to start at middle linebacker and fullback. You can ask Coach Moore. Also I was a sophomore for one semester and only went to spring training. I was the strongest pound for pound player on your team as well as the second strongest on the team behind Jake Slaughter, who I believe is an incredible player and obviously has a lot of class. I would put myself up against any player on your team any day of the week. I was not impressed at all with your school or the people there. That is why I left. The attitude did not fit my personality type at all. I am glad to be playing at a program where there is real competition and a run for the state title does not consist of 7 teams. I feel it would be a great accomplishment to win out of over 100 teams. I admire your coaching staff greatly and do not mean this disrespectful to them. Also Darrien Mustin, Teo Townsend and David Holbert are very good players. I've played in serveral states and on several teams. I was good enough to walk on one of the top teams in Alabama and start. As a sophmore I started at a 4000 person high school in Charlotte with 2 All Americans. If that is not good enough for you, that's OK. At least I will identify myself and and not pathetically hide behind a user name. Make sure you know what you talking about before making comments that you do not know anything about. Now your comment about being a star on this team. We don't truly have any stars. We are not indivdual players but we play as a team and that is why we are winning. We don't try to do this for ourselves, but it is our team goal. Maybe you should think about that because it might help you to play better if you even PLAY football. Any true player who puts down others truly does not know anything about this game and what it means.

Man, you wrote a lot. The second strongest on the team??? Jake Slaughter, Taylor Bourgeois, Austin Bourgeois, Tyler Smith, and some others. I am sorry. You were not the strongest pound for pound player either. Again, I am sorry. Well, good luck with your season.

Dude, do you even play football? Because if you don't, you wouldn't really know, would you? Did you participate in winter and spring workouts the semester Zach was there? If not, you wouldn't really know. And really this isn't something that there is a definitive answer on and plus, all those people you mentioned, yeah, they've graduated (except for in the tragic case of Tyler). So therefore Zach could be right. Thank you.

Guest BAownzFHS

WEll i did work out with zach anderson while he was at BA he was a very impressive lifter. Not to mention the fact that he was poppin the roids, i would hope he was the strongest on the team but not only was he not the strongest he was no the 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th or 8th stongest. Jake slaughter, taylor bourgious, austin bourgious, tyler mccullough tyler smith, chad fuson, russ brown, nick forte. that is very sad if u ask me it just shows how incredibly weak u are. Zch + roids = 8th stongest on team hmmm pathetic i must say. Tyler mccullough was only 190 lbs he benched 225 18 times and ran a 4.5 in the 40 if yall went head to head u wouldnt be left with a head on ur body. Jake slaughter and u lets not go there u would be owned if u were man enuf to step up to him but u would probably just run away but he would still catch u and "slaughter" you. You are the best dipper i know that is quite an accomplishment, very very impressive. The only person i have seen dip more than you is kristen frost.gross. if BA would play fhs it would be the equivalent to the jv game we played against pope john paul the 2nd. we could play our jv and still own u.

Roaddog-you are right on it. BA lives in fantasy land-when you only have less than 10 schools in your whole division it really does not mean as much to win a state title or make an all state team vs. the number of teams and players competing in 5A. That does not mean BA doesn't have good players-they do and they have great coaching. They just need to acknowledge that it is on a smaller level.

They wouldnt be on that level if the public schools didnt vote them out. Seems like to me that someone thought they where pretty good and didnt want to play them(*cough* RIVERDALE*COUGH*). But htis is more a public|private debate topic.

Having said that Franklin has a good team this year, but will this be a one hit wonder. Brentwood Academy will be and has been good for many years.

With a coach like Tim Johnson i highly doubt that they will be a one-hit wonder but that remains to be seen. Also, when was the last time that Franklin and BA played against each other. A friend of mine who played for BA in the '60's or '70's(i dont remember which) said there used to be some awesome matchups between the two teams.

people bring this up like its BA's fault. dont forget, your schools coaches and administration are probably the ones who voted BA, MBA, etc. out and forced them into div II. and while it only has 7 teams, you all neglect to mention that these 7 teams have seven of the best traditions in the state. with the exception of riverdale and maybe a few others, i think youre looking at the best traditions in TN, with BA at the top of the list. i dont even think it's arguable that BA has the best football tradition in the state.

and i dont really want to get into the whole zach anderson thing, cuz i dont know him, and unlike most people on this board, im willing to admit that i know nothing about franklin football. but just from my experience of talking to football players, i have not met a single player from the BA class of 2001 to the current group of seniors that respects zach's ability. in fact, quite a few even chuckle at the name. and if he was slated to start in spring practice it was most likely because half the football players dont participate in spring practice because of track i.e. slaughter, grant rutledge, taylor bourgeois, mustin, and many many more.

[Edited by BPolley on 10-9-02 10:12A]

Guest blount

Dude, do you even play football? Because if you don't, you wouldn't really know, would you? Did you participate in winter and spring workouts the semester Zach was there? If not, you wouldn't really know. And really this isn't something that there is a definitive answer on and plus, all those people you mentioned, yeah, they've graduated (except for in the tragic case of Tyler). So therefore Zach could be right. Thank you.

Actually I did play football, and I do know. I also know tha Zach never made it into the 1000 lb club, which I did. Also, he would not be the strongest player at BA right now either. Russ Brown is a LOT stronger than Zach is. He weights about 185 and benches around 360, squats around 700 (no joke), and powercleans around 280. Also Nick Forte, a sophmore is stronger than Zach. Zach was not one of the strongest players pound-for-pound either. That is garbage. I was talking with our strength coach about the strongest pound-for-pound players, and Zach did not even come up. Sure he is a strong guy, but the strongest at BA????? No sir. Also, his 40 time was terrible. Just to let you know, I ran a true 4.55 while being in the 1000 lb club. Zach did neither.