Henry Co vs Northeast

kp150150

Shonte suffered a strained MCL, nothing major. his ankle was swollen a bit when he returned to the fieldhouse after the game. I expect McCadams to get the start this friday against clarksville, giving shonte another rest, as well as having the bye week the following friday, and getting him back out there for dickson county on the 23rd.

But if McCadams shows out this next week, i wonder if shonte will move back to his head-hunting safety position, and Jay run the offense (he's proven himself worthy), and might i add, the secondary had a very awful tackling game friday night.

The MCL is a better injury to have, so I hope you are correct. The back-up did a good job under the circumstances,but the starter needs to get healthy for this team to have a chance to go deep in the playoffs. I thought #11 in the secondary tackled very well.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent job by the coaching staff of making adjustments after Shonte went out. Also a very good job by Jay McCadams of leading the team on two scoring drives in the second half to help them to a victory. Little Mac also had a very good game, fought hard for every single yard. Thank God Shonte's injury isn't serious though. I saw him on the crutches limping after the game last night and i thought he might have been done for the year. Go Big Red.

A FactsOnly summary of this thread: Depth of talent questioned and debated as an important factor in high school football.

A FactsOnly summary of Clarksville Northeast at Henry County 2009: Henry County's backup quarterback led his team to more touchdowns in one quarter than Clarksville Northeast scored in 4 quarters.

I would agree the statement that we definately want Shonte to be back as soon as possible, but I also agree that if Jay handles the offense better then he should be the QB and let Shonte play on offense simultaneously. Just think of the possibility of big plays every series with both of them in there. If teams have to defend a passing game that is just as lethal as the running game then it keeps them on their heels and guessing every play. No more loading the box to stop the run.

I would agree the statement that we definately want Shonte to be back as soon as possible, but I also agree that if Jay handles the offense better then he should be the QB and let Shonte play on offense simultaneously. Just think of the possibility of big plays every series with both of them in there. If teams have to defend a passing game that is just as lethal as the running game then it keeps them on their heels and guessing every play. No more loading the box to stop the run.

Well props to Jay McCadams, but I've seen him play enough to know he's certainly no Shonte Sims, passing or running. You could make an argument with the fact that he has played mostly with the JV in running clocks, but Shonte is simply a playmaker. He keeps the defense on their heels every time he touches the ball. No offense to Jay McCadams, who I'm sure will do just fine next week if last night was any indication. But if I had to pick my QB, the person who touches the ball every single snap, I'm taking Shonte over McCadams easily. No brainer in my opinion, but thats just me.

But either way, Go Big Red!!!

Jay McAdams did a fine job stepping up last night when given the opportunity.

Overall, though, there is just something missing from this team. I know the Patriots are undefeated, but they just don't impress me. They do the job well enough every week to win, and there is something to be said for that. I just don't see this squad anywhere near the semi-finals this year. I could be wrong, and hope I am.

This is just my opinion but I feel that 4A is tougher and will be harder to get to the state title than 5A. I am not saying that there are not any good teams in 5A, just not those you see winning titles every season. This is why I feel that HC has a really great chance to win it all this year.....

Jay McAdams did a fine job stepping up last night when given the opportunity.

Overall, though, there is just something missing from this team. I know the Patriots are undefeated, but they just don't impress me. They do the job well enough every week to win, and there is something to be said for that. I just don't see this squad anywhere near the semi-finals this year. I could be wrong, and hope I am.

This is just my opinion but I feel that 4A is tougher and will be harder to get to the state title than 5A. I am not saying that there are not any good teams in 5A, just not those you see winning titles every season. This is why I feel that HC has a really great chance to win it all this year.....

Both of you are right to some extent. This certainly isn't the same patriot team of the last two years with Marsalis and Dominique. To be honest, even though this years squad is undefeated, i'd probably take the '06 team with Calvin McNairl over this one. As for 4A being tougher, it's not very strong this year, but it was deffinitely much tougher last year than 5A is this year. Which is why i still think this Patriots team will be around near the end, and even as I look over to East Tennessee for 5A, there really aren't any true juggernauts like there have been in years past. And with the Z playoff system, I hear the Patriots are likely to still see some of the same teams they have played in years past in these playoffs i.e. Melrose, Hillsboro. And neither of them are near what they were last year. So overrall, yea this team still has a good shot at a Gold Ball. I'm not saying it will happen, but just because we aren't putting up 50+ per game like we were last year, doesn't mean we aren't a heck of a team. Because make no mistake, this team still has enough talent and coaching to beat anybody. But they REALLY need Shonte back ASAP. I have faith in Jay, but you can't lose your best player and expect to go deep in the playoffs.

Well props to Jay McCadams, but I've seen him play enough to know he's certainly no Shonte Sims, passing or running. You could make an argument with the fact that he has played mostly with the JV in running clocks, but Shonte is simply a playmaker. He keeps the defense on their heels every time he touches the ball. No offense to Jay McCadams, who I'm sure will do just fine next week if last night was any indication. But if I had to pick my QB, the person who touches the ball every single snap, I'm taking Shonte over McCadams easily. No brainer in my opinion, but thats just me.

Shonte is a playmaker, but as we've all seen in the past 2-3 years, he's better known for his defensive plays of pure brilliance. Offenses lined up against HC knowing that he lurks in the secondary like a tiger stalking his prey. Sure he's done exceptionally well this year. However, did anyone else notice how in the second half, whenever Jay was put in the game after Shonte went down, the offense suddenly was revived? He led them on two scoring drives, while also keeping the defense motivated to hold the fierce running game of Northeast to 7 points. It seemed to me that the offensive team was more responsive to McCadams than when Shonte was in there. Now, Shonte is one of the best defensive-back players to come through HC, and his presence will definitely be missed. But I can't believe how some people "RedSwarm10" can doubt Jay's abilities without getting see what he can do with the first-team offense! He played 3 snaps against Liberty with them, only because Shonte caught a minor cramp. Since then, he's been stuck with the second team, and has tried his darndest to make the best out of what little they support him with. West Creek was a prime example, given the sloppy conditions. Bad snaps with the second team, while Sims went on with like 10 total first-team offensive snaps, and never had one bobbled. Give Jay a chance before you count him out of the QB race. I know he'll raise some eyebrows and answer some questions friday night against Clarksville High.

Shonte is a playmaker, but as we've all seen in the past 2-3 years, he's better known for his defensive plays of pure brilliance. Offenses lined up against HC knowing that he lurks in the secondary like a tiger stalking his prey. Sure he's done exceptionally well this year. However, did anyone else notice how in the second half, whenever Jay was put in the game after Shonte went down, the offense suddenly was revived? He led them on two scoring drives, while also keeping the defense motivated to hold the fierce running game of Northeast to 7 points. It seemed to me that the offensive team was more responsive to McCadams than when Shonte was in there. Now, Shonte is one of the best defensive-back players to come through HC, and his presence will definitely be missed. But I can't believe how some people "RedSwarm10" can doubt Jay's abilities without getting see what he can do with the first-team offense! He played 3 snaps against Liberty with them, only because Shonte caught a minor cramp. Since then, he's been stuck with the second team, and has tried his darndest to make the best out of what little they support him with. West Creek was a prime example, given the sloppy conditions. Bad snaps with the second team, while Sims went on with like 10 total first-team offensive snaps, and never had one bobbled. Give Jay a chance before you count him out of the QB race. I know he'll raise some eyebrows and answer some questions friday night against Clarksville High.

I think shonte should be the starter no question when he returns. The reason jay moved the ball so well is cuz we went to the I formation. If we did that with shonte I think we would have moved the ball just as good.

On another note william henry had a heck of a game for bethel tonight. He had 6 or 7 tackles and a sack. And he was in the qbs face all night. Also cordarius mann from northside had some big runs for bethel. Still small and super quick. Its good to see him back from sittin out his senior year due to injury.

well i hate to say this, but did you notice that when Jay was brought in, we went to the I formation. And he didn't do much dude, we lined up and ran it down their throat. And i saw him with the first team offense last night as a matter of fact, and i'd still take Shonte any day of the week. I hate to sound like a complete jerk, but you're kidding yourself if you think McCadams is going to be anywhere close to what shonte has been. I'll give him props for that TD pass, which was in large part a great play by Shaquille Allen. the reason gaddis put them in the i formation is because it's basic football knowledge, with shonte in the game we run the shotgun, to utilize the explosiveness that sims brings to the table, he can run it, pass it, and really keep the defens on it's heels. McCadams isn't as explosive, i know that, YOU know that, and the coaches know that, so they switch back to a more conservative style offense. believe me, if we line up and run this same type of offense with McCadams week after week, defenses will catch on pretty darn fast. No offense to you, idk if you're related to McCadams or what, but we need sims back ASAP.

Not related, but definately a HC fan and I just call it like I see it. No offense to you either but I know what a QB looks like when I see one. Shonte has a great arm, speed, and moves, but is NOT a true QB. He had about 3-4 bad throws to wide open recievers fri. night that would have kept drives moving and possible points on the board. Yes he made some great moves on his TD run up the middle and he can throw a long ball. However, Jay has proven he has more accuracy and his arm is definately strong enough to make all the throws on the field. Oh, and by the way, Jay is not a slow kid either! Now Im not gonna say he has the moves or speed of Shonte, but he has the capability of getting big chunks of yardage by running. Shonte has natural abilities that cant be taught, which makes him such a great ATHLETE. He has made plays his whole high school career that are absolute jaw droppers, but his mentality is "lay the wood" first, not avoid the hit. Which is exactly the reason why he will be looked at by colleges as a defensive back, and not an offensive weapon. It doesnt matter what any of us think anyway cause we are not the coaches, and they are not trying to lose any games. I trust whatever they decisions they make whether I agree or not! GO BIG RED!

Kudos to the Patriots for the win Friday night! From a guy who knows this team, let me just say, enough is enough. Shonte is definately a force to be reckoned with, but so is Jay. Jay has not been given the chance with the first string that often, but when he has, he has came thru like a trooper. I myself feel he passes the ball with more power and accuracy. The only thing he needs to work on is handing the ball off so it's not so obvious, in which i feel Shonte does a better job on that. I would not say one is better than the other. The ones that get on here and talk only about the ones you are kin to is so obvious. It's pathetic that you always want to brag your own kid up and throw the rest of the team under the bus! #3 had a good run too, but no mention of him. Haley # 16 never comes off the field, and if i remember correctly, he had 2 HUGE sacks, one in which let to a touchdown, and and a huge interception that let to us scoring again, funny, no mention of him, for if not for him the game may have ended up differently. Allen came and gave us a good run as well. Marteze gave some mighty blows on defense as well. French, who wasn't going to play because of an injury, was brought in the game and played like he wasn't hurt at all, still delivering the hard hits. When all is said, we win as a team. Not one person does it all! I love our crowd, but what happened last Friday night? We had a packed house, and the enthusiasm wasn't there. Please continue to support us, we need you there! :lol::thumb::(