10A Hows it looking?

justafan09

C.A. did put a smack down on WHHeritage tonight, by more than 30 . THe Referees ........... man I am here to tell ya. It aint right. The refs are not helping this team at ALL. If Clarksville Aca. wants to make it deep into the state tournament they need to learn how to play a game without the help of dag gum biased refs. RE DIC a LaS. nuff said. I'll tell more later when IM not so hot about this.

CA is the dominant team in 10A, no doubt, but I wholeheartedly agree with you about the refs going easy on them. They get away with alot of crap. I think it's because they are expected to win, so the refs are just there to draw their pay. They are going to seriously hurt someone before the season is over. Once they get to state, if they get past some of the better single A teams, it will be a different story, just like last year. As someone has already said, alot of the things they do won't hold water in Murfreesboro.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding the refs, they're not perfect and calls hopefully will go both ways everntually. Don't know much about how their treating CA yet. Having said that, I've seen some horrific calls this year. I realize also that charge calls aren't easy to make, but have seen some really bad ones with guys no where close to being set. Mistakes will be made, we all know that. Have seen a couple guys that are just too old to keep up, the game seems to have passed them by. It's way too fast for them to make accurate calls. You wonder how some of these folks are allowed to call games, and how they are graded. If they ever are.

I have noticed alot of complaining about the refs toward CA and i have attended most of there games this year. I remember as a freshman and sophomore at CA getting stomped by every team that we played and i dont think as a team we every blamed the refs for our losses. Because it hard to blame 40 points on the refs. We knew we werent that good but our team gave it all we had, down to the buzzer every game. I remember nearly every game I played against HC and not once has there been a game where the fouls are been low. It was one of the very few games i fouled out in when i was playing. One thing i was taught when i played was to be aggressive and i dont think there is one coach out there that would tell there team to not be aggressive. CA plays aggressive basketball because they are coached to push themselves as hard as they can go until they need a breather and to prove that they everything they are advertised as. I am friends with alot of the guys on the CA team and to say they would intentionally try and hurt someone with a fouls is a false statement. They are coached by the nicest coach in the district by far and he doesnt teach that or put up with it. Another thing about the refs, if you take a look at our schedule from last year (its still on coacht T) we played a tournament in kentucky and got beat 3 out of our 4 games the refs there let you play ball they dont call ticky tak stuff like most people are complaining about. So go into kentucky and play a few ball games and you will be pleased with the calls you are getting from the refs here. Another thing if a refs see a 5'10" guard going to the basket against a 6'4" post and the ball gets swatted who do you think is going to get the call 90% of the time? Thats it for now until someone has something to say.

You know, I started this thread as a friendly way to get info on 10A and to see who has good players this year. As I said in my first post Academy is the team to beat. It has turned into a whiners post. Honest people offer their opinions and get called names. This player blames that player and its the refs fault and this team is rough and that team is rough. I dont go to many ballgames anymore but I have discovered wheres theres smoke theres fire. If one person says refs are not calling I look the other way. But more than one person from more than one team has said the same thing over and over. Do I smell smoke? Are todays players taught bully basketball instead of the basics? Are refs turning their heads and not putting forth an effort because they know this team is going to win no matter what? I try and keep up with my old school team, but if this is what the game is all about I think I will stay away from games. I would delete this entire thread if I knew how. the only 2 posts on here worth reading are ttower and innocentbystander and they get called names for calling it the way they see it.

bottom line is that the refs are going to protect the twins at anyway possible, and the two teams will meet again and hc will no how they will have to play to win. so i guess the football coach will be attending basketball practice from now tell then so hc will be ready.

Considering the season the football team had I don't think there is very much that the football coach can show the basketball team about being physical.CA is one of the top 5 teams in the state and without injury they will breeze thru the district and region.Mcewen looks to be the second best team right now,very impressed with them and after looking at their schedule they could be an 18-20 game winner and when the tournaments roll around they will be way overrated,that schedule is soft.HC will be much better at the end of the year than they are now as will Heritage.NC and ER are also in the mix.

According to the Tennessean McEwen got beat by East Robertson last night.

Academy may breeze thru the district but I do not think they have what it takes to win the Class A championship. I would like to see it happen and maybe it will.

McEwen boys beat Houston County tonight. 58-43. McEwen played great tonight. Played very hard, shot very well, and played excellent defense. I think you got 3 teams looking to be the champs this year. You definitely have CA, which is an excellent team, then you got East Rob, then you also have McEwen. So im looking forward to seeing McEwen play CA, and see how that goes.

I was at this game, enjoyed seeing the action and old friends. McEwen did shoot well and play hard. Houston County beat themselves tho. Too many missed shots under the goal with alot of pushing and shoving going on that was not called. They are a better team than what they showed tonight. As for McEwen against Clarksville Academy, well, Academy will win by 20 or more. They push back.

A game I am very much looking forward to seeing is one week from tonight.

East Robertson @ Nashville Christian.

NCS lost the season series last year, 1-2, but the team improved vastly in the season. ER won 71-49 at NCS and in the 1st game at ER, ER won 51-50 but should have lost that game but some FT shooting cost NCS. Game 3, NCS wins in round 1 of the District Tournament 48-45 and shows that teams beat individuals.

This year, Woodard and East Robertson are both scoring highly almost nightly. ER played Portland tonight and lost 48-44 and will play Clarksville Academy on Friday before the ER-NC matchup.

NCS is on a 3 game winning streak and will play Jo Byrns this Friday before facing off against ER at home next Tuesday.

My take on the game is that NCS will come out shooting and have a defensive plan to stop Woodard and once Woodard begins to not get everything he wants, he will do what he did last year against NCS and start forcing shots and take not only himself but his whole team out of a rhythm.