Fri Feb. 15 Clarksville Academy District 10A Championship at Hillwood W 57-53

Sat Feb. 23 Cascade Region 5A W 66-46

Tue Feb. 26 #10 Van Buren Co. N Region 5A at Hillwood W 59-56

Thu Feb. 28 #9 Eagleville N R5A Championship at Hillwood L 44-58

Mon Mar. 3 at #2 Moore Co. A Sectional L 52-57

Overall Record: 31-3

District Record: 12-0

and you guys know the CA schedual

NCS record was inflated from not playing a tough schedule that year,and CA has played a pretty good schedule with that tourney in KY and beating Harding Acad.and also playing Ensworth.Your answer is CA is much better,they went to state last year and will again this year which NCS has not been able to do,no disrespect to your program but without coach Anderson or his grandkids you would still be a bottom dweller.

NCS record was inflated from not playing a tough schedule that year,and CA has played a pretty good schedule with that tourney in KY and beating Harding Acad.and also playing Ensworth.Your answer is CA is much better,they went to state last year and will again this year which NCS has not been able to do,no disrespect to your program but without coach Anderson or his grandkids you would still be a bottom dweller.

NCS did play a pretty tough schedual. They played in a great tournament in Destin, Florida where they finished 4, Maclay is a 6a school in florida and Paxton won the 2a state championship in Florida that year and Parkway Christian won the 1a state title in Alabama. But you are right about CA making it to the state, NCS had the talent but never could win the sectional game. NCS did make it through the district without loosing a game and CA didnt. And were not a BOTTOM DWELLER that title should go to Merel Hyde or Jo Byrns :)

:lol:

:lol:

9aafan do you think NCS played a weak schedule?

NEED information!In the game between WHHeritage and McEwen last night,the box score showes Heritage going into the 4th with a 8 point lead . What happened ? I see they got outscored 15-5 but seriously what happened.

From what I can tell WHH lost 52-50 but that's all I know. That's according to highschoolsports.net which is what the Tennessean uses I believe.

NEED information!In the game between WHHeritage and McEwen last night,the box score showes Heritage going into the 4th with a 8 point lead . What happened ? I see they got outscored 15-5 but seriously what happened.

Heritage really hurt themselves by allowing some 2nd chance points, having unforced turnovers, and missing the front end of several 1 & 1 opportunities. McEwen was able to keep chipping away, hitting some tough shots in the lane. To me, a couple of them were prayers, but they went in. WHH led the entire game, until one of the little blonde dudes hit a pro-range 3 with about 6 seconds left to give McEwen the lead. WHH tried to inbounds the ball quickly to get down court before McEwen could reset their D. The refs stopped play believing a TO had been called by WHH. They decided that no TO was called, but WHH then had to inbound and get the full length of the court against a D that was ready. Petrone had a fit because the refs stopped play for what was essentially anticpation of a time-out call. The WHH point drove to the base line and dished the ball into the lane to one of the big boys, but he was tied up and the clock expired. Not taking anything away from Mcwen because they played hard and kept themselves in it, but WHH did a lot to lose this game in the final 4+ minutes. 3-4 turnovers will kill you when you're trying to hold on to a narrow lead on the road in a contested district game.

Good description of what happened Mercury. Sometimes teams get away from what got them the lead and they are not comfortable doing it. I thought Heritage did a good job of taking the game into control coming out of half time and taking a good lead into the 4th. Then they just got silly. They stopped dribble penetration and tried to bleed the clock. Several bad turnovers and missing those 1 and 1's were a killer. I think McEwen got a time out called after the 3 pointer which Petrone was upset about. I think he felt the ball got put into play before the bench got the timeout. Any how I thought it was a great ballgame to watch as a spectator and both teams showed their strengths and weaknesses.

WoW what a finish!.THANKS.

Heritage is really good at bleeding the clock at times and other times it bites em in the you know where...ha. Well maybe that will be a wake up call going into the district tournament . WHHeritage should still be in 2nd place going in. Splitting with McEwen and the win over Clarksville Aca...or did the loss against Houston Co drop em a spot ??