TSSAA OFFICALS

hsffan

we have had "official" issues at each of the last 3 games we've played! the first one, we had a TD taken away for a obviously bogus call...among many other obvious bad or missed calls. the second game, it was absolutely apparent that the officials were either stupid, blind, or bias...one call was a block-in-the-back on the defense! and the third game...the officials called 2 consecutive delay-of-game against our offense all the while allowing the home teams offense to "finish their coaching up" on the sideline..blowing the whistle only when they preceeded to the field. the side official even threatened to eject our line coach because he was persistant in questioning his actions.

i have been following my sons career for 4 years, granted...i am ignorant when it comes to officiating a football game. But these calls are obvious to even me?! Its time something be done, because our boys need a fair shot at winning....

it sounds to me like alot of side money is being passed around, but thats just my opinion (and we all know what they say about opinions!)

Heres to wishing our teams success against the odds! :(

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just received the film......or scene by e-mail. That IS THE WORST CALL I have ever seen. Their is no reason at all for that to have happened. Really hate it for you guys.....A for real game changer. Why didn't they at least give the ball to them at the 43 or where is was caught. It was a TD. Lost by them. I would say TSSAA/ OFFICIALS both should step up on this one. Absolutely the worst I have seen. No questions here.....no bobble or did it touch the ground etc. Would have been up by 7 right there, instead they get it back and get to score.....sad for the players. It makes it a tainted victory, and disappointment for the DB that was alert and did his job......He was gone.

Just a cryin' shame that this happened!!

You should have seen the side official last Friday, mocking the crowd by rubbing his eyes to brush away tears and laughing at them for several minutes. He went out of his way to make a scene after they were on him for missing (or just not calling) an obvious illegal procedure during a game-tying 2-point conversion run.

Don't know if its the same guy but was told one of the officials in that game went to school there and was maybe also a former player?

What's the call on something like that I didn't think an official could officiate a game if he is that close to a program?

If it was any of them, it was probably that one. They had to delay the kickoff for a second because he was still over "interacting" with the fans on the fence. I was told this was the same crew that had the South Pittsburg fans stirred up at Signal Mountain.

I watch a lot of different high school sports, and across the board regardless of the sport, officiating is mediocre at best. In my opnion if I leave the game and even mention the referees then they must have sucked. If they didnt get brought up in conversation then they probably did a good job. I went to a game a couple weeks ago and recognized a couple of the officials. They never even played little league football!!!! so how should they call a decent high school football game??? It would be like me officiating a game of crickett!!! Its a shame that players and coaches who put in so much time and effort all year for ten or eleven games can get robbed by incompetent officials.

I watch a lot of different high school sports, and across the board regardless of the sport, officiating is mediocre at best. In my opnion if I leave the game and even mention the referees then they must have sucked. If they didnt get brought up in conversation then they probably did a good job. I went to a game a couple weeks ago and recognized a couple of the officials. They never even played little league football!!!! so how should they call a decent high school football game??? It would be like me officiating a game of crickett!!! Its a shame that players and coaches who put in so much time and effort all year for ten or eleven games can get robbed by incompetent officials.

I sure would agree with you! After seeing this one......It appears they get the ref. by who knows where the staduim is.......and if you know that you can call that game. I wish the friend of mine would let me post the video.....it would shock you when you seen it. As others have said......never seen anything like it, just bad from start to finish. I don't know if its true or not...but was reading on the game site about this game......and someone made a comment about one of the officials..(the one that blew the whistle) use to go to school there and played there). That would be the only good explanation to this call. Otherwise can't think of a darn thing that would have let this happen.

As the old saying goes, you get what you pay for. It's a thankless job with relatively low pay. As such, there will be much turnover, occasional indifference, and occasional lack of quality.

They make on average 20.00 an hour. They make more in a game than some people make all day hard labor. Not accepting low wage arguement.

I was at a friends house last night and got to see a film on a game. I was shocked at what I saw.......the worse officials I have have ever witnessed. One of the calls was a ball came off a receivers hands and was intercepted by a DB and was returning it for a TD and the whistle blew. The ball never hit the ground, nothing to make you pause. The ball was given back to the Offense with just a do over for them. Then before they measured for a first down......they exchanged balls (thought being I guess they need a dry ball, and the official replacing it assume (know that word means) it was a first down before measure.

They were some very questionable whistles also during the game on plays being blown dead when they shouldn't have and some letting it just keep going.

Had a game this year, where team A lost 6-0. Whistle was blown dead on a trap fake, and the QB and RB where running up th opposite sideline for a touchdown. Called back and never got it in the endzone again. Had a block in the back called the other night on a defensive player. The same player made the tackle on the play. Said he pushed an offensive player in the back on the way to the ball. I guess players are not allowed to pursue anymore.

It is amazing hearing this. I think better training , qualifications etc. should be done.

This one I have talked about.....(I wish he would let me post it) would shock you. The ball thrown...goes through the receivers hands.....DB catches it and returns it........the whistle blows......For what reason..No one will ever know. Absolutely changed the whole game.

Maybe TSSAA will spend some of their money and train and better qualify these people. Some calls are subject to what they think they see.....but some like the this one......NO EXCUSE......the ball is in the air.........and blow the play dead.

Unbelieveable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!