5) Rian Hall--Oak Ridge

6) TJ Kimble--Maryville

7) Jordan Hall--Lenoir City

8) Terrence Hall--Catholic

9) Blake Golden--West

10) Burton Sampson--Webb

11) Rashad Gray--Oak Ridge

12) Camion Patrick--Clinton

Some of these guys aren't the best basketball players, but their athletic ability has allowed them to excel and garner attention at least to this point. To stay on this list, their basketball skills must improve. Feel free to add names. This is only a start. None of these have played any High School yet.

1) Terrence O'Donahue--McCallie

2) Shannon Hale--Science Hill

3) Jamaal Calvin--McCallie

4) Will Adams--Science Hill

5) Rian Hall--Oak Ridge

6) TJ Kimble--Maryville

7) Jordan Hall--Lenoir City

8) Terrence Hall--Catholic

9) Blake Golden--West

10) Burton Sampson--Webb

11) Rashad Gray--Oak Ridge

12) Camion Patrick--Clinton

Some of these guys aren't the best basketball players, but their athletic ability has allowed them to excel and garner attention at least to this point. To stay on this list, their basketball skills must improve. Feel free to add names. This is only a start. None of these have played any High School yet.

I agree with most on this list I would add Alex Fountain Wartburg and Chris Revees Fulton and Balance from Webb

I have seen a few of these kids. Camion Patrick, Burton Sampson, Jordan Hall, and Rashad Gray are all good, but I would have to stick Alex Fountain, Shannon Hale and Rian Hall as the elite freshman I've seen so far. Fountain and Hale are 6/5 and 6/6 and will be factors immediately at the varsity level. Hall has a chance to play big minutes for OR this year too. I also like Simpson and Poteet from Campbell County.

I have to disagree on Fountain.....he couldn't even get his 8th grade team past the 1st round in the East Section state tournament last year. Yeah, he's tall, but pretty weak. Hale for Science Hill is the real thing. I bet Tenn High is really regretting running him off to Johnson City to start with. I heard it was a general discipline problem during middle school. For his sake and future, I hope he has matured.

I hear that Sullivan East inherited a standout post player from Mary Hughes who took his team to runner up title in East Section State, only loosing one game in the final championship. My uncle said he saw him play in Elizabethton at the Sport Complex last spring and he surprised several teams with his skills. I don't know his name......Anyone?

I also know Science Hill has a freshman point guard.....first name "Will", but I don't know his last name.....I would rate him more athletic than Hale.

I have to disagree on Fountain.....he couldn't even get his 8th grade team past the 1st round in the East Section state tournament last year. Yeah, he's tall, but pretty weak. Hale for Science Hill is the real thing. I bet Tenn High is really regretting running him off to Johnson City to start with. I heard it was a general discipline problem during middle school. For his sake and future, I hope he has matured.

I hear that Sullivan East inherited a standout post player from Mary Hughes who took his team to runner up title in East Section State, only loosing one game in the final championship. My uncle said he saw him play in Elizabethton at the Sport Complex last spring and he surprised several teams with his skills. I don't know his name......Anyone?

I also know Science Hill has a freshman point guard.....first name "Will", but I don't know his last name.....I would rate him more athletic than Hale.

You obviously haven't seen Alex play much lately. Who cares if he couldn't make Wartburg Middle win by himself. This kid got everyones attention at the Rocky Top League. College coaches and high school coaches were all interested in this kid. He is starting to develop a nice outside game, and he seems to improve each game he plays. He is probably one of the Top 10 freshman in East Tennessee based on his AAU ball and his Rocky Top League play. The kid from Science Hill seems to have greatly improved since I saw him as an 8th grader, and he might be ahead of R. Hall, J. Hall, and Revees for the best freshman in East Tn. I have not seen the McCallie kid play so I am not knocking him as one of the best 5.

• 2 weeks later...

The kid for McCallie named Jamal Calvin is for real. He has played at Cleveland Middle for the last three years. They lost only one game in three seasons. Also an interesting note, his backcourt mate at Cleveland Middle was Bryce Copeland; Qb @ Bradley Central, I would also nominate Copeland as one of the top freshman in East Tennessee also. This dynamic duo complemented each other wonderfully.

Brock Rowan for Stone Memorial

I also nominate Brock for this list. He is a fine shooter and plays hard. Was a member of the Tennessee Travelers coached by Andy Pennington of Athens, Tn. I also agree with the nomination of Will Adams of Science Hill. He also enjoyed his summer with the 14 and under Travelers. Really quick with excellent driving skills and tenacious on defense. Also a wonderful ball handler. If I am not mistaken Shannon Hale may have also been a member of that AAU squad. Big-time bigman that runs the floor well? Forgive Me Shannon if I am incorrect. :blush: