DISTRICT 1-AAA (The Big 8)

TommyMan37604

You all act like this Jessica person will fix all your problems. Maybe some of the players are burned out. From what i have heard your JV team did a good job this year, so things should be looking up. You all need to build up your program instead of coming on here and trying to tear it down. Now on to better things, where did everyone end up in the league?

1. SH 2. DB 3. TH 4. Central 5? 6? 7? 8. Crockett

TommyMan...in all due respect...walk a mile in our shoes.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think South is 5-9 and Volunteer is 4-10 which may put them at #6 and #7, respectively. If so, there goes that first-round South-DB matchup. Not sure about Boone which could move these around. They probably met this morning to fill in the district tourney bracket.

Pancon, hope it works out for you. That TN High bench is MUCH longer than the one at Central, though, and as 2Rebs suggests home grown talent usually has an advantage.

One Monica is worth ten Jessica's.

Think South is 5-9 and Volunteer is 4-10 which may put them at #6 and #7, respectively. If so, there goes that first-round South-DB matchup. Not sure about Boone which could move these around. They probably met this morning to fill in the district tourney bracket.

Pancon, hope it works out for you. That TN High bench is MUCH longer than the one at Central, though, and as 2Rebs suggests home grown talent usually has an advantage.

One Monica is worth ten Jessica's.

Our family thrives on winning at the highest level. Coaches make all the difference in the world.

...Our move was based on coaching philosophies. If it means less playing time then so be it. But, call me old school...(Bobby Knight and George Pitts fan too!) we need more fire...more intensity!

Sorry for the misinterpretation Comp :thumb: My bad.

As for the other, I would welcome the passion and discipline she would bring. Not to mention she would take the girls' success and failure personally.

Tommy, I agree with comp...walk a mile. The current varsity were great in middle school and JV just like the current team. His lack of concern, knowledge, effort, etc wears you down. If he stays, I guarantee you this JV team will end up different...loss of heart and passion for the game, players will leave the program, and they will have learned nothing about the game nor improved since leaving middle school. Write this down: with him still at the helm, no team in the next 4 yrs will finish above 5th seed and they'll have to do that on their own.

I don't know guys. It seems like you all are really taking it to Coach Tate. I really hope for your daughters, and your own sake that you are not speaking this way in front of them! If so, I feel sorry for you. You are not teaching your kids ethical things and it is teaching them a lot about YOU. Now, if you are not doing that and needing to vent...then so be it. I understand.

If coach is that bad, don't you think that the administration would notice? What about the boy's team? I don't see them lighting up the score board with teams either. Do you all want him gone? I remember watching South play(girls) play in the late 80's and 90's and they didn't do all that great at that time(an older gentleman i dont remember his name), but with thier talent I thought they should have done a lot more than they did. Did South have the same problem then? Straighten me out if I am wrong. OR does everything go towards Football. Volunteer is that way, which I think is funny because since the school has been opened the football program has been less than stellar to say the least.

Let me know if I am missing the boat here. No hurt feelings here.

I don't know guys. It seems like you all are really taking it to Coach Tate. I really hope for your daughters, and your own sake that you are not speaking this way in front of them! If so, I feel sorry for you. You are not teaching your kids ethical things and it is teaching them a lot about YOU. Now, if you are not doing that and needing to vent...then so be it. I understand.

If coach is that bad, don't you think that the administration would notice? What about the boy's team? I don't see them lighting up the score board with teams either. Do you all want him gone? I remember watching South play(girls) play in the late 80's and 90's and they didn't do all that great at that time(an older gentleman i dont remember his name), but with thier talent I thought they should have done a lot more than they did. Did South have the same problem then? Straighten me out if I am wrong. OR does everything go towards Football. Volunteer is that way, which I think is funny because since the school has been opened the football program has been less than stellar to say the least.

Easttnboy, we are not going to disclose details on here. Yes, we are venting. Yes, South is a football school. But JH at CHMS has been to the state sectionals almost every year since she came to CHMS with one sectional championship. She is the female version of Stacy Carter. Period. The South administration doesn't give a hoot about basketball...boys or girls. They wouldn't notice or care if we forfeited every game. Mark Conkin took his boys basketball teams at CHMS to the state sectional on a regular basis for a 10 year period ending in 2005. The last of those players are currently seniors at South. The boys program at South is marginally better than the girls. BUT, our issue is that our girls grew up in a championship program from traveling ball all the way through middle school. Some of these girls are college material. We are devoted to the South community therefore we don't really want to change schools but we would like to have what we know we have the talent to have. If I tell you the details you will be aghast. Suffice to say we are venting to each other and appoligize to involve others. But we are at our ropes end at this point. We are not loose canons as it might seem, but instead just want what is right. This is a situation where logic and common sense do not prevail. A situation that requires drastic measures. We will try to quiteten down now. Sorry to offend anyone.

Easttnboy, we are not going to disclose details on here. Yes, we are venting. Yes, South is a football school. But JH at CHMS has been to the state sectionals almost every year since she came to CHMS with one sectional championship. She is the female version of Stacy Carter. Period. The South administration doesn't give a hoot about basketball...boys or girls. They wouldn't notice or care if we forfeited every game. Mark Conkin took his boys basketball teams at CHMS to the state sectional on a regular basis for a 10 year period ending in 2005. The last of those players are currently seniors at South. The boys program at South is marginally better than the girls. BUT, our issue is that our girls grew up in a championship program from traveling ball all the way through middle school. Some of these girls are college material. We are devoted to the South community therefore we don't really want to change schools but we would like to have what we know we have the talent to have. If I tell you the details you will be aghast. Suffice to say we are venting to each other and appoligize to involve others. But we are at our ropes end at this point. We are not loose canons as it might seem, but instead just want what is right. This is a situation where logic and common sense do not prevail. A situation that requires drastic measures. We will try to quiteten down now. Sorry to offend anyone.

Does anyone have a feel for Sullivan County's policy on coaching performance evaluations? Who decides to terminate a coaching position? I've been told that an open position (resignation like Coach Carter) can be replaced in-house by the principal if he chooses as done by Mr. Harvey with Coach Haney. Is the principal also the one who evaluates the annual performance of the coaches? Does the athletic director have no influence in these decisions? Does Sullivan County make these decisions in the same way that our city school systems make them? It's a shame our county schools cannot be more competitive for coaching positions.