Oliver Springs vs. Oneida

soilder383

I think Oneida will come out and play as hard as they can. That is the way it should be. More than likely our younger guys will be in the game pretty quick. But, you have to respect the game of football. It is meant to played with honor and guts. If another team is that much better, then you need to get in the weight room and fix the problem. You can't ask another team to lay down.

Having said that, I did not play for Oneida. I played football for a school that had 126 student TOTAL...boys and girls. My freshmen year we actually had most of the seniors quit. The last game of the season we ended up with 13 boys. I still have a picture of our sideline...two coaches and two players and 1 trainer. I can remember one game changing jerseys 3 times....I was #82..then #45 and finished #50. What is that, like 178 or something?

Just about every team pounded away at us and I never thought anything about someone running up the score. It was, what it was.

In anycase, I hope we have a safe game and I hope Oakdale can get something positive going up there. I actaully heard they are down to 12 players. Normally I wont pass on rumors but that comes from a pretty reliable source.

Smash Oakdale had 16 dressed with 2 or 3 not dressed on the sideline last night. Gotta tip my hat to those young men for the effort. They played every snap with little or no rest because of the low numbers. O, D, special teams the whole shooting match. Played hard & did the best they could on that particular night. Have to say they are probably some of the best conditioned players anywhere. With little to no subs for 4 quarters I didn't see a single Eagle getting stretched or go down suffering from cramps. After the hand shake they were talking with Oneida players & fans. Very respectful bunch of young men especially after a loss in an obviously one sided affair. One of their players even took time to find a particular Oneida player & compliment him on a big hit the Indian put on the eagle telling him in front of everyone "man you laid me out". Classy bunch from Oakdale & though the program may be struggling right now, as coaches & as young men they definitely have my respect. With all that said Oakdale is now in the books so soilder383, now we can start hashing out Oneida & Oz.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Oneida will come out and play as hard as they can. That is the way it should be. More than likely our younger guys will be in the game pretty quick. But, you have to respect the game of football. It is meant to played with honor and guts. If another team is that much better, then you need to get in the weight room and fix the problem. You can't ask another team to lay down.

Having said that, I did not play for Oneida. I played football for a school that had 126 student TOTAL...boys and girls. My freshmen year we actually had most of the seniors quit. The last game of the season we ended up with 13 boys. I still have a picture of our sideline...two coaches and two players and 1 trainer. I can remember one game changing jerseys 3 times....I was #82..then #45 and finished #50. What is that, like 178 or something?

Just about every team pounded away at us and I never thought anything about someone running up the score. It was, what it was.

In anycase, I hope we have a safe game and I hope Oakdale can get something positive going up there. I actaully heard they are down to 12 players. Normally I wont pass on rumors but that comes from a pretty reliable source.

Smash Oakdale had 16 dressed with 2 or 3 not dressed on the sideline last night. Gotta tip my hat to those young men for the effort. They played every snap with little or no rest because of the low numbers. O, D, special teams the whole shooting match. Played hard & did the best they could on that particular night. Have to say they are probably some of the best conditioned players anywhere. With little to no subs for 4 quarters I didn't see a single Eagle getting stretched or go down suffering from cramps. After the hand shake they were talking with Oneida players & fans. Very respectful bunch of young men especially after a loss in an obviously one sided affair. One of their players even took time to find a particular Oneida player & compliment him on a big hit the Indian put on the eagle telling him in front of everyone "man you laid me out". Classy bunch from Oakdale & though the program may be struggling right now, as coaches & as young men they definitely have my respect. With all that said Oakdale is now in the books so soilder383, now we can start hashing out Oneida & Oz.

That is awesome. BTW, I had a blast playing ball. Never found anything to replace the feeling of playing tackle football. As for Oakdale, It takes a lot of guts to step onto a field and put on a helmet. I say great job and I hope they can get some momentum going! One final note, my senior year, our team was 7-3 and barey missed the playoffs....so it can be done!

ahhhhh, enough talk about the dinosaurs from the last century. Oneida and Oliver Springs! This should be a nice one for early October!

Here is my 2 cents worth.....

I think this is a huge game for OS, we will find out if they are ready for big time high school football. They don't have to win to prove they belong in the elite status. They need to compete and have a chance to win. I would feel better if this one was at OS.

My pick....

comes later in the week

JOFan, er......I'd watch that term "kick some a--" when going against Oneida. The Big Boy game has arrived for the Bobcats. Now I'm sure I'll have and hear some interesting comments this week, but I wouldn't fuel the Indians fire. The boys over the last few years have had no loss of focus when it comes to the Big Boy Game, and we have lost some of those. (Trousdale Co. comes to mind from last year) One thing was certain, your gonna get the whole package from us. Looks like an interesting game on paper, but unfortunately they play it on grass. I'm stoked....I'm sure the kids are too! Sambo, Hooder, Dirty, Buttram, Will, Dillon, and Huts-o will be amped for sure, because they know what Oz could take from them. Hmmmm.....Flair may get to the board this week.....? When he gets on here, you know something is a stake. Practice hard, Men! We've got a Bobcat loose this week!

:thumb: Kazanity :D

OS is too big and physical for the Indians. Oneida lost too much off last years team. OS will go 9 - 1 this year.

Yeah, Cumberland Gap only averaged 300+ on their line. And DeKalb Co and GP were tiny lil schools with almost no talent. Oh yeah, the 16 seniors that played in the semi-final game last year against Trousdale or the First Greenback game for the Reg 2 Championship....that experience probably wont help.

I sure hope you keep making comments suggesting the Indians are soft. The boys play better with a chip on their shoulder.

Hey! I'm sorry Mr. I know all the nicknames for the Oneida team guy.....it isn't about big time high school football and it isn't about what might be on the line in this game..even though I did say region championship....it's about lining up and beating the man across from you down after down. It's about who wants it more and sacrifice....it's about time. One more day closer to me and the rest of the O.S. clan rolling inot oneida and finding out what we're made of.....YOU..... oneida have played a hard schedule and WE..... O.S. layed a huge egg against Grundy....YOU oneida have proven yourself to be GREAT and OUTSTANDING! FAST and FASTER is the nickname I have heard "speaking of nicknames"for the 2 brothers who transfered in?

O.S. has proven themselves to be a team who has a game at oneida friday night....

Rockem sockem hard nosed intestinal fortitude fortified disciplined assignment football! That's what it's gonna take to win Friday and I'm gonna be there to see it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anybody who's got a problem or is in support of that can find me on the fence in my OLD sleveless OS football shirt with a Gator Tat on my right arm!!!!!

It's Oneida week It's Oneida week It's Oneida week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you are an O.S. player,fan,mom,dad, or caoch......need i say more?

It doesn't get any better than this!

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! finally we can talk bobcats n indians baby whoooooooo. this is the game the 'cats have circled in purple on the schedule brother. whooooooooo. they gona come stylin & profilin onto DR. M E on friday night lookin to spoil the tribes run but brother WHOOOOOOOOO!!!! to be the man ya gotta beat the man!!! we gona find out friday night who the MAN is baby. oz is hungry brother! the tribe better bring the loaded boot. it's gona be chairs in the ring, elbows off the top rope, a real battle royal brother whooooooooooo.