Preseason Rankings for TN HS.

AsicTiger

There's a strong possibility that the ridge rats from McCallie will be tough to beat this year. They may not have the outstanding individuals that stand above everyone else, but they look to have a pretty darn good dual team. Its hard to tell where to put them in comparison to Baylor, but I'd put them in a close 2nd place in the state if not a hair above them.

Good Luck to all the Tennessee wrestlers this year.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a strong possibility that the ridge rats from McCallie will be tough to beat this year. They may not have the outstanding individuals that stand above everyone else, but they look to have a pretty darn good dual team. Its hard to tell where to put them in comparison to Baylor, but I'd put them in a close 2nd place in the state if not a hair above them.

Good Luck to all the Tennessee wrestlers this year.

Word has it that McCallie may have some weight class alignment issues that are going to make it a little tougher for them this year... time will tell on that. One definite is that the loss of Blaike Henry will hurt. Seems like there will be the usual heat for a McCallie vs Baylor match. However, if you really sit down and break down the dual meet I think you will see that Baylor has a distinct edge in a dual with McCallie this year.

Baylor still will have a strong edge over McCallie, word is that Kendall Ray and Daniel McClure are not wrestling and Blake Henry gone also.... I've heard McCallie has some new boarding freshman that will help their line up. It looks like a solid YOUNG team, lead by a Jr and SO TJ Duncan and Micheal Hooker, but Baylor has a much more experienced wrestling room.

Baylor still will have a strong edge over McCallie, word is that Kendall Ray and Daniel McClure are not wrestling and Blake Henry gone also.... I've heard McCallie has some new boarding freshman that will help their line up. It looks like a solid YOUNG team, lead by a Jr and SO TJ Duncan and Micheal Hooker, but Baylor has a much more experienced wrestling room.

Fireman on the first part of your post.. I agree Baylor all the way!!!

However you left out the heart and soul of McCallie, Chase Martino! Martino keep up the good work!!

Hope this isn't true about these kids leaving the sport! dry.gif

However you left out the heart and soul of McCallie, Chase Martino! Martino keep up the good work!!

i have never heard of martino, is he the boarder. i would think that a 3x would be the leader. baylor will win all but 1 match against mccalie

i have never heard of martino, is he the boarder. i would think that a 3x would be the leader. baylor will win all but 1 match against mccalie

You haven't heard of last year's state runner-up at 152lbs?

I can think of at least 5 matches that McCallie should win: 103, 112, 145, 152, and 160.

Probably not enough to beat Baylor, but who knows there are always upsets and maybe McCallie gets a few pins and its alot closer than you would think.

With 12 state medals out of 14 returning. I think I go with McCallie in this matchup

I'm not entirely sure why Chase Martino would be overlooked for this upcoming year. Martino has shown ample amounts of improvement, and now that Justin Cash of BA is out of the way, there is a beam of light shining down on Martino's face. I predict a state champion at 152 lbs (if he can get down) will be straight from the blue wrestling room ==> Chase Martino. Duncan and Hooker probably wont have much competition this year, as many young wrestlers will most likely drop or go up a weight class. They are a tough duo, and #### Martino in the mix. Sounds like a strong couple of leaders.

Lets see:

103: Baylor Kid vs. Connell- McCallie 3 (Not sure really)

112: Alex Ward vs. John Eady- McCallie 6

119: Mr. Watson vs. Tim Westbrook - Baylor 6

125: Alex Manley vs. McCallie- Baylor- 10

130: ? vs. ?- Need help

135: Cole Hayes vs. ?- Baylor 14

140: Stuart Doster vs. ?-Baylor 18

145: Michael Hooker vs. Trey Stavrum-McCallie-10

152: T.J. Duncan vs. Matthew Cate-McCallie-14

160: Chase Martino(Houston Clements??) vs. Spencer Craig-McCallie- 18

171:Nathan Condrey vs. Nelson Pinkstaff( Mac Ferguson)- Baylor 22

189:David Helton vs. Hayden Cronan- Baylor- 28

215:? vs....?- ?

HVW:John Mackey vs. Tj Satterfield- Baylor 34

Since my predictions are bullet proof and have no errors..... that is what the score will be.

Baylor wins...