Greeneville at Cumberland Gap...

DevilMan03

I haven't saw Greeneville this year but I've got to see Cumberland Gap play twice now and it seems to me that Greeneville "should" still go in there and walk away with a 2 TD win just from what I've saw from Cumberland Gap and from what I know about the Devils. However, if Gap can get their passing under control and complete a few more down the field passes they could give Greeneville a ride seeing as they are at home.

I'm guessing something like 35-21 or so but don't take what I say to the bank.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CG fans,

Will the Mullins kid play this week? I remember him from last year but dont know I have heard of him playing this year in any games. Any update? What was his injury?

I'm assuming you are referring to Whitt Willis...our #1 receiver from last year. And no he will not play. He had surgery on a torn labrum in early july. He would have really helped our team out this year as he was by far our most consistent receiver and an animal on defense and a senior. It's sad that he's had to miss his senior season. Hopefully he will be cleared by the final week and at least get to play in week 10 and if CG is lucky, in the playoffs. I think everybody is healthy in the CG camp. I think they already had their bouts with the flu bug a couple of weeks ago. It hit them hard!! Anyway, that's the lowdown on the injury front to the best of my knowledge unless something has happened this week...which wouldn't be a surprise considering how this year has went! lol

This game will come down to if Cg can do somethin offensively. The run WON'T work. Shutting down run games is our defensive strenght...If they can get the pass to work they have a chance. Iwas glad to see all the interceptions we had against WG. Should have been 4rth but Quarles dropped one.

My Prediction

Devils-49

Gap-7

CG fans,

Will the Mullins kid play this week? I remember him from last year but dont know I have heard of him playing this year in any games. Any update? What was his injury?

I'm assuming you are referring to Whitt Willis...our #1 receiver from last year. And no he will not play. He had surgery on a torn labrum in early july. He would have really helped our team out this year as he was by far our most consistent receiver and an animal on defense and a senior. It's sad that he's had to miss his senior season. Hopefully he will be cleared by the final week and at least get to play in week 10 and if CG is lucky, in the playoffs. I think everybody is healthy in the CG camp. I think they already had their bouts with the flu bug a couple of weeks ago. It hit them hard!! Anyway, that's the lowdown on the injury front to the best of my knowledge unless something has happened this week...which wouldn't be a surprise considering how this year has went! lol

Thanks for the update and I hate to hear that about his senior season!

Yeah, because he had a pretty good spring and was lookin pretty good. But like i said, hopefully he will be back and at least get to play out one or two games. Ok, so i've put this off and put this off, but I'm ready to make my prediction. I'm gonna say that CG plays their butts off, but that G'ville will probably be too much for them to handle. I am going to say that it will be closer than the experts think tho...at least i hope it is!

CG - 21

G'ville - 31

I hope I'm wrong of course!!!! Hope you guys have a safe trip down and i hope we all can enjoy a great ballgame! :popcorneater:

Yeah, because he had a pretty good spring and was lookin pretty good. But like i said, hopefully he will be back and at least get to play out one or two games. Ok, so i've put this off and put this off, but I'm ready to make my prediction. I'm gonna say that CG plays their butts off, but that G'ville will probably be too much for them to handle. I am going to say that it will be closer than the experts think tho...at least i hope it is!

CG - 21

G'ville - 31

I hope I'm wrong of course!!!! Hope you guys have a safe trip down and i hope we all can enjoy a great ballgame! :popcorneater:

I think Greeneville will give up 2 or 3 TD's on big plays in the secondary but if CG is going to have a chance they're gonna have to have a monster defensive game. Greeneville has scored at will in its first 2 conference games and held the ground attack of both in-county rivals to practically nothing. I doubt if CG has seen a defense as big and quick as Greeneville so Shipley had better be good at snap decisions or he could end up like Susong....eating turf and coughing footballs.