Greeneville at Cumberland Gap...

DevilMan03

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so most of us CG fans aren't going to get on here and talk trash with you guys about how we are going to beat you and how we are going to do this or that. You're not going to get someone's mythical uncle on here staing how so and so is going to "run all over you" and all this stuff. Cg is a classy program with a classy bunch of players and coaches. They are going to play you guys as hard as they can and whatever happens happens. You may beat them, but it won't be because of lack of effort or heart or determination. The fact is, CG is young this year. They play a ton of freshmen and sophomores. They have 5 seniors that play a lot and are great leaders for them. They are a gutsy bunch that will play their tails off for 4 qtrs. You guys will be treated great when you come to CG...and there is plenty of seating for all of you and if there's not, then there's plenty of fence to hang on! I'm looking forward to seeing your team as i've heard plenty about you guys. I'm sure you have a really good team. CG finally got going a little bit last night, albeit against a weak opponent, but we will take them however we can get them. You will receive good hospitality at CG and you wont come away disappointed. Our team does throw it around and our young recieving corps is getting better with every game. Our QB is a solid player and our rb is a tough cookie. Our o-line is a pretty good group with some size. Our offense is pretty good, but has struggled a bit as of late. Our defense has been a jeckyll and hyde sort of deal this year. When they are on, theyre pretty good, when theyre not, well...theyre not!! lol I expect our kids to be really prepared and really focused this week as they will know it will be the toughest game theyve played in so far this year. Win or lose, they will play their best!!! I'll give a prediction later on in the week. All i ask is let's keep this forum classy and not get into a peeing contest with each other. I wouldn't mind for this to become a nice little rivalry over the next few years!!! :roflolk:

Ok, so most of us CG fans aren't going to get on here and talk trash with you guys about how we are going to beat you and how we are going to do this or that. You're not going to get someone's mythical uncle on here staing how so and so is going to "run all over you" and all this stuff. Cg is a classy program with a classy bunch of players and coaches. They are going to play you guys as hard as they can and whatever happens happens. You may beat them, but it won't be because of lack of effort or heart or determination. The fact is, CG is young this year. They play a ton of freshmen and sophomores. They have 5 seniors that play a lot and are great leaders for them. They are a gutsy bunch that will play their tails off for 4 qtrs. You guys will be treated great when you come to CG...and there is plenty of seating for all of you and if there's not, then there's plenty of fence to hang on! I'm looking forward to seeing your team as i've heard plenty about you guys. I'm sure you have a really good team. CG finally got going a little bit last night, albeit against a weak opponent, but we will take them however we can get them. You will receive good hospitality at CG and you wont come away disappointed. Our team does throw it around and our young recieving corps is getting better with every game. Our QB is a solid player and our rb is a tough cookie. Our o-line is a pretty good group with some size. Our offense is pretty good, but has struggled a bit as of late. Our defense has been a jeckyll and hyde sort of deal this year. When they are on, theyre pretty good, when theyre not, well...theyre not!! lol I expect our kids to be really prepared and really focused this week as they will know it will be the toughest game theyve played in so far this year. Win or lose, they will play their best!!! I'll give a prediction later on in the week. All i ask is let's keep this forum classy and not get into a peeing contest with each other. I wouldn't mind for this to become a nice little rivalry over the next few years!!! :roflolk:

Hello Veerman,

Nice to meet ya. Very well said. I, for one, really enjoyed reading your post. I too would like to see this become a good rivalry. At the risk of sounding arrogant (which I do NOT intend to sound) everyone already knows Greeneville is the team to beat in this region. But, I hold to what I said earlier this year that some teams in this region will become stronger because of Greeneville's presence. I would love to see CG be one of them. Please don't let one or two on here taint your view of all Greene Devils. But, now for the most important thing...I know there's a game between us Friday night, but that's secondary. Whatcha got at the concession stands? See ya Friday.

Ok, so most of us CG fans aren't going to get on here and talk trash with you guys about how we are going to beat you and how we are going to do this or that. You're not going to get someone's mythical uncle on here staing how so and so is going to "run all over you" and all this stuff. Cg is a classy program with a classy bunch of players and coaches. They are going to play you guys as hard as they can and whatever happens happens. You may beat them, but it won't be because of lack of effort or heart or determination. The fact is, CG is young this year. They play a ton of freshmen and sophomores. They have 5 seniors that play a lot and are great leaders for them. They are a gutsy bunch that will play their tails off for 4 qtrs. You guys will be treated great when you come to CG...and there is plenty of seating for all of you and if there's not, then there's plenty of fence to hang on! I'm looking forward to seeing your team as i've heard plenty about you guys. I'm sure you have a really good team. CG finally got going a little bit last night, albeit against a weak opponent, but we will take them however we can get them. You will receive good hospitality at CG and you wont come away disappointed. Our team does throw it around and our young recieving corps is getting better with every game. Our QB is a solid player and our rb is a tough cookie. Our o-line is a pretty good group with some size. Our offense is pretty good, but has struggled a bit as of late. Our defense has been a jeckyll and hyde sort of deal this year. When they are on, theyre pretty good, when theyre not, well...theyre not!! lol I expect our kids to be really prepared and really focused this week as they will know it will be the toughest game theyve played in so far this year. Win or lose, they will play their best!!! I'll give a prediction later on in the week. All i ask is let's keep this forum classy and not get into a peeing contest with each other. I wouldn't mind for this to become a nice little rivalry over the next few years!!! :flower:

Hello Veerman,

Nice to meet ya. Very well said. I, for one, really enjoyed reading your post. I too would like to see this become a good rivalry. At the risk of sounding arrogant (which I do NOT intend to sound) everyone already knows Greeneville is the team to beat in this region. But, I hold to what I said earlier this year that some teams in this region will become stronger because of Greeneville's presence. I would love to see CG be one of them. Please don't let one or two on here taint your view of all Greene Devils. But, now for the most important thing...I know there's a game between us Friday night, but that's secondary. Whatcha got at the concession stands? See ya Friday.

Nice to meet you as well Gdevil. Anybody with any sense knows that Greeneville is the team to beat in this district. The level they have been playing at over the past few years alone has shown that. CG has been getting stronger the past few years. They know if they ever want to make it far in the playoffs, the road goes through alcoa, and everyone knows what level that is. They played alcoa last year in the playoffs, and although got hammered, they did have over 200 yds of offense against them!! We always look for some kind of positive!! lol I'm glad to see a team of Greenville's caliber on the schedule because the kids know that there are no gimmes and it helps them prepare for, if theyre fortunate enough to make it, for the playoffs. CG is a hard team to gauge this year, but they do play hard. Hopefully they will be able to give the devils a game on friday! As for the concessions...the popcorn is awesome and the hot dogs are wonderful! The chili is hard to beat!!! Hope you guys have a safe trip down and enjoy your trip to CG'ville! I'm sure we'll talk more through the week! See ya Friday! :?:

Who is better Shipley or Susong?

Shipley. His system suits him better and allows him to do a lot more. Plus he plays mlb and is a force on defense as well. This kid never rests. Susong is a heckuva player, dont get me wrong. But he gets breaks and only really has to focus on one side. Shipley plays both ways and rarely leves the field, so i would give the nod to him. :thumb:

Who is better Shipley or Susong?

Shipley. His system suits him better and allows him to do a lot more. Plus he plays mlb and is a force on defense as well. This kid never rests. Susong is a heckuva player, dont get me wrong. But he gets breaks and only really has to focus on one side. Shipley plays both ways and rarely leves the field, so i would give the nod to him. :thumb:

If im not mistakin Susong plays both ways too. Well he did against Greeneville at lease. He played like Safety or linebacker??? I'm not sure but i know he played both ways

Anyone Heard anything about Spradlin???