Greeneville at Cumberland Gap...

DevilMan03

Who is better Shipley or Susong?

Shipley. His system suits him better and allows him to do a lot more. Plus he plays mlb and is a force on defense as well. This kid never rests. Susong is a heckuva player, dont get me wrong. But he gets breaks and only really has to focus on one side. Shipley plays both ways and rarely leves the field, so i would give the nod to him. :thumb:

If im not mistakin Susong plays both ways too. Well he did against Greeneville at lease. He played like Safety or linebacker??? I'm not sure but i know he played both ways

Anyone Heard anything about Spradlin???

Doesn't really matter which one of them is better. I think you are right though about Susong...I guess i forgot! They are both pretty good qb's...but like i said, it really doesnt matter, because this week it's CG vs. G'ville. Hey Greeneville fans, tell us about some of your all's playmakers. I'm sure you guys have plenty on both sides of the ball!! I always like to see who the go to guys are though...makes it really fun as a fan! :lol:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hear veerman...this was a pretty good synopsis of the wg game....our "go to" guy was injured on our 1st possession and will probably not play next week.

http://greenevillesun.com/story/305954

Thanks barb. Hate to hear about your guy getting hurt...hopefully he will get better soon. Hey barb, i've been looking forward to this all year!! lol I really enjoy reading your posts and am looking forward to hearing your insight for this week's game as the week progresses! Hopefully we can keep this forum fun and that this will be a good game this week! :thumb:

hear veerman...this was a pretty good synopsis of the wg game....our "go to" guy was injured on our 1st possession and will probably not play next week.

http://greenevillesun.com/story/305954

Thanks barb. Hate to hear about your guy getting hurt...hopefully he will get better soon. Hey barb, i've been looking forward to this all year!! lol I really enjoy reading your posts and am looking forward to hearing your insight for this week's game as the week progresses! Hopefully we can keep this forum fun and that this will be a good game this week! :wacko:

Well here goes....looks to me like Shipley likes to romp on the little guys and throw on the slow ones. Depending on your o-line, he might have moderate success throwing on Greeneville, but he'll have to get it off quick cause they'll be coming after him fast. If you're gonna move the ball its gonna have to be through the air.Greeneville is big and strong up-front and gave Quarles plenty of time to throw against WG. If he has time he'll connect with Wright and hurt you bad.Probably gonna be a good one Friday.

great win last friday cg is about the same as wg except for shipley he is really a good player. I think wg learned the boles express is not what it is cracked up to be. The best player for wg is the lineman that was hurt that is how they run so good. I have coached him and he is a good player, but that would not have changed the outcome of game. GO GHS

I believe the Devils will come out firing on all cylinders Friday night...Spradlin will be missed if he can't play but Anderson and Shuffler will do just fine...So tell me, what Cg like to do? Mostly Run? If so they better get the passing game goin...Run game will hurt you like it did Wg/ But I look for a Good game Friday.

Go Devils

Shipley. His system suits him better and allows him to do a lot more. Plus he plays mlb and is a force on defense as well. This kid never rests. Susong is a heckuva player, dont get me wrong. But he gets breaks and only really has to focus on one side. Shipley plays both ways and rarely leves the field, so i would give the nod to him. :roflol:

If you want to win this game rush shipley with with your front four and get him blocked on d. Greeneville will win

Shipley. His system suits him better and allows him to do a lot more. Plus he plays mlb and is a force on defense as well. This kid never rests. Susong is a heckuva player, dont get me wrong. But he gets breaks and only really has to focus on one side. Shipley plays both ways and rarely leves the field, so i would give the nod to him. :roflolk:

If you want to win this game rush shipley with with your front four and get him blocked on d. Greeneville will win

Both teams have simialar offenses. Shipley has a cannon and is accurate. Dropped passes killed them against WG. CG has a nice field and nice facilities. Not sure about CG defense against Gville but I believe CG can put some points up on Gville. Gville shut down a one dimensional WG. Fans at CG are very classy. I talked to one for a while and he said there biggest problem right now was getting the kids to come out for football. Shipley is the real deal and doesnt seem to be bothered by pressure. Should be a good game. Good luck to both and stay safe.

So can someone tell me what happened at the Gibbs game? Read the KNS piece and it sounds like they just flat ran over, under and through your D.

Yeah that's pretty much what happened barb. But it was kind of misleading...CG would play good for a couple of plays then give up the big play. Blown assignments and missed tackles. I was very disappointed with the panthers in that game because it appeared that they laid down. We're not very deep and our lack of offense that night didn't help the d out much either. It appears that the coaches have gotten that out of them though since that game. We are a young team and make young team mistakes. CG's defense has had it's moments, both good and bad, this season. I just hope they can eliminate the big plays and third down conversions the rest of the year...especially this week!

:roflol:

So can someone tell me what happened at the Gibbs game? Read the KNS piece and it sounds like they just flat ran over, under and through your D.

Yeah that's pretty much what happened barb. But it was kind of misleading...CG would play good for a couple of plays then give up the big play. Blown assignments and missed tackles. I was very disappointed with the panthers in that game because it appeared that they laid down. We're not very deep and our lack of offense that night didn't help the d out much either. It appears that the coaches have gotten that out of them though since that game. We are a young team and make young team mistakes. CG's defense has had it's moments, both good and bad, this season. I just hope they can eliminate the big plays and third down conversions the rest of the year...especially this week!

:roflol:

How much size on the line?