Greeneville at Cumberland Gap...

DevilMan03

Jrod is right...for once! lol The Oasis has great pizza and wings...and if you're not with the kids...some postgame beverages!! lol Haymaker's is really good (right behind hardee's in harrogate), Heavy's Off The River, fantastic bbq!!!! (It's in a hole in the wall type of place right across the street from Hardee's and in between Shoney's and a gas station...can't miss it) And down in Cumberland Gap...Webb's Country Kitchen is some great down home cookin!!! (Stay on 25E towards middlesboro and tunnel, turn right heading towards VA, and take first or second left and it's down in there somewhere...lol...not hard to find your way in or out of the gap!! lol) There are also some chain places in middlesboro which is about 10 min on up the road. I've kinda got a feeling this is gonna be a good game as well. CG will definitely have to play their best game of the season in order to compete though. That's just the way it is. Hope you guys enjoy your time in our little town...not much to offer, but there are some good little places to eat and some good people and some pretty good football as well!!!! :roflol:

Sounds about like Greeneville.

Not quite like Greeneville. We do have 4 redlights in town now though!!! lol

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How are the playoffs with the new district work out? How many teams from the Blue Ridge conference will go?

The only thing that's guaranteed is 1 4a team since there are 3 of them...and 2 3a teams since there are 4 of them. The rest is anybody's guess. I have a feeling nobody will know who got in, where they will play and who they will play until the saturday morning of Oct. 31st. It's gonna be a mess with a lot of people mad and a lot of people scrambling around that day. T$$AA will get blasted. Just wait and see.

How are the playoffs with the new district work out? How many teams from the Blue Ridge conference will go?

The only thing that's guaranteed is 1 4a team since there are 3 of them...and 2 3a teams since there are 4 of them. The rest is anybody's guess. I have a feeling nobody will know who got in, where they will play and who they will play until the saturday morning of Oct. 31st. It's gonna be a mess with a lot of people mad and a lot of people scrambling around that day. T$$AA will get blasted. Just wait and see.

I believe you are right on veerman, even more so, "blasted" may be a mild way of putting it. It's going to be a complete cluster....!

Region 1 doesn't have a guaranteed playoff spot as they only have 1 4a team...Sullivan North. If we have 4a teams finish 1 and 2 could we bump them out completely and have region 3 in the playoffs?

Region 1 doesn't have a guaranteed playoff spot as they only have 1 4a team...Sullivan North. If we have 4a teams finish 1 and 2 could we bump them out completely and have region 3 in the playoffs?

Barb i believe that's a question only the "brains" in Nashvegas can answer. And I bet a million bucks if you asked them...they wouldn't give you a straight answer because they haven't got a clue. :roflol:

All you guy's are right the hole new system is soooo messed up would it be possible for a team to go undefeated and not make the playoff's because of a region 3 team and I heard that we are stuck like this for the next 3 year's after this one I hope that will give them enough time to figure something a little more sensible out

All you guy's are right the hole new system is soooo messed up would it be possible for a team to go undefeated and not make the playoff's because of a region 3 team and I heard that we are stuck like this for the next 3 year's after this one I hope that will give them enough time to figure something a little more sensible out

I think mathematically, that is possible, but I'm not 100% sure. If that's the case, I hope it happens to somebody. It might be the best wake-up call TSSAA could hear. Better yet, I have another idea. Since TSSAA is made up of 95% educators and not experienced athletic administrators, why don't we just replace the Tennessee Department of Education with athletic directors and coaches. Seems to me that would make about as much sense. Please don't misinterpret what I'm saying. I'm all about education, however the academic section should be managed by educators and the athletic body should be managed by athletic administrators or a balanced mix of the two. It has seemed to work at the college level for years. I'm just sayin', but who am I?

I think mathematically, that is possible, but I'm not 100% sure. If that's the case, I hope it happens to somebody. It might be the best wake-up call TSSAA could hear. Better yet, I have another idea. Since TSSAA is made up of 95% educators and not experienced athletic administrators, why don't we just replace the Tennessee Department of Education with athletic directors and coaches. Seems to me that would make about as much sense. Please don't misinterpret what I'm saying. I'm all about education, however the academic section should be managed by educators and the athletic body should be managed by athletic administrators or a balanced mix of the two. It has seemed to work at the college level for years. I'm just sayin', but who am I?

Amen. T$$AA has no clue what is best for the teams...its all about the all mighty $. That's why there are 6 classes in a state that doesn't have enough schools for 6 classes. Extra state championship game= extra dollars in someone's pocket.

Assuming that an undefeated team would finish 1 or 2 in their region, then they would be an automatic qualifier.

Assuming that an undefeated team would finish 1 or 2 in their region, then they would be an automatic qualifier.

Barb i heard from a player than shuffler has the flu. Anyone know who is else is sick??? :roflol: