Greeneville at Cumberland Gap...

DevilMan03

Yeah, because he had a pretty good spring and was lookin pretty good. But like i said, hopefully he will be back and at least get to play out one or two games. Ok, so i've put this off and put this off, but I'm ready to make my prediction. I'm gonna say that CG plays their butts off, but that G'ville will probably be too much for them to handle. I am going to say that it will be closer than the experts think tho...at least i hope it is!

CG - 21

G'ville - 31

I hope I'm wrong of course!!!! Hope you guys have a safe trip down and i hope we all can enjoy a great ballgame! :popcorneater:

I think Greeneville will give up 2 or 3 TD's on big plays in the secondary but if CG is going to have a chance they're gonna have to have a monster defensive game. Greeneville has scored at will in its first 2 conference games and held the ground attack of both in-county rivals to practically nothing. I doubt if CG has seen a defense as big and quick as Greeneville so Shipley had better be good at snap decisions or he could end up like Susong....eating turf and coughing footballs.

This thread reads like a love fest. All the players and fans from both sides could get together in the middle of the field before the game and sing "We are the World" :roflol:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, because he had a pretty good spring and was lookin pretty good. But like i said, hopefully he will be back and at least get to play out one or two games. Ok, so i've put this off and put this off, but I'm ready to make my prediction. I'm gonna say that CG plays their butts off, but that G'ville will probably be too much for them to handle. I am going to say that it will be closer than the experts think tho...at least i hope it is!

CG - 21

G'ville - 31

I hope I'm wrong of course!!!! Hope you guys have a safe trip down and i hope we all can enjoy a great ballgame! :popcorneater:

I think Greeneville will give up 2 or 3 TD's on big plays in the secondary but if CG is going to have a chance they're gonna have to have a monster defensive game. Greeneville has scored at will in its first 2 conference games and held the ground attack of both in-county rivals to practically nothing. I doubt if CG has seen a defense as big and quick as Greeneville so Shipley had better be good at snap decisions or he could end up like Susong....eating turf and coughing footballs.

This thread reads like a love fest. All the players and fans from both sides could get together in the middle of the field before the game and sing "We are the World" :popcorneater:

Give us time WG....look how long we had to stoke the "in-county" rivalry. I'm sure by the time this one's over, we will have made new "friends" over the mountain.

I was thinkin more along the lines of Kumbaya! I think it's just a mutual respect thing goin on. First time the two have played. Big conference game. Personally...i've kind of enjoyed it! I'm not a big fan of smack talk. To each their own though. :popcorneater:

Its always a good idea to have a healthy dose of respect of an unknown opponent. CG has had such an erratic season its hard to pigeon hole them. Trust me though, as soon as we know we can kick your butts, all those happy thoughts and well wishes will go right out the window.

I was thinkin more along the lines of Kumbaya! I think it's just a mutual respect thing goin on. First time the two have played. Big conference game. Personally...i've kind of enjoyed it! I'm not a big fan of smack talk. To each their own though. :popcorneater:

Its always a good idea to have a healthy dose of respect of an unknown opponent. CG has had such an erratic season its hard to pigeon hole them. Trust me though, as soon as we know we can kick your butts, all those happy thoughts and well wishes will go right out the window.

That's the barb i've grown to love! I've been waitin on it! lol These things are supposed to be fun, but sometimes people can get out of hand...and in the same respect, some people take these things too seriously! It's a sports message board...let the good times roll!!!! lol Hope you guys have a safe trip and enjoy some of our little restaurants that jrod and i mentioned to you. :popcorneater:

That's the barb i've grown to love! I've been waitin on it! lol These things are supposed to be fun, but sometimes people can get out of hand...and in the same respect, some people take these things too seriously! It's a sports message board...let the good times roll!!!! lol Hope you guys have a safe trip and enjoy some of our little restaurants that jrod and i mentioned to you. :popcorneater:

I'll have to be there in spirit....going to Mississippi for the weekend. I hope the internet feed is working.

Of we can pull this one off and that is a big if it will without a doubt be the biggest win of the year and bring some hope for the rest of the season but I'm going to go with my head instead of my heart and say green devil's 34 panther's 12 either way panther's just play your gut's out and leave it on the field and if you get beat it wasn't because you did not give it every thing you had

Barb you and the old man sould head down to the coast. Crusin the coast is going on right now an they have tousands of old hot rods an what not. I think yall would enjoy it. Have a safe trip down barb!
hmmmmm, tourists and hot-rods.....sounds like Pigean Forge with water.NO THANKS!!! I am planning to attend the Meridian/Oak Grove game in the 'burg tonight. Should be a hum-dinger.

Looks like it's going to be yet another rainy friday night at CG. The field was kind of tore up from the middle school game played on it tuesday night in the rain from what ive heard. Looks like the boys will be playing in the mud tonight. I don't know bout the rest of you...but i'm tired of all this rain! I forgot what it's like to watch a game in the dry! lol

Greeneville seems to be to much for Cg. But Cg has 9 guys playin both ways so that hurts.

Cg is playin man and Greeneville recievers are just flat out beatin them and scoring.

44-6 at half. Mercy Rule in effect for Greenevilles 3rd consecutive conference game...

Out of all three conference games devils have scored 144 points in all first halfs and only gave up 35. thats awesome D!!!

GO DEVILS!!!