White House at Smith County

originalSC3

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mafia,

Good win last night. I must admit I was a little shocked. After seeing the scores of your previous games, and watching the Dekalb game, I didn't think you would have the defense to stop WH. Sounds like you had a few to finally step up and play. So Term, tell me how my boys (twins) did. I was planning on coming, but had to head on to Knoxville. I listened to the first half until I was out of range on the other side of Cookeville. Heard they were in the starting line-up and the radio personnel said they were doing a pretty good job. I will agree about JW. Sounds like he starts hitting the sauce about two hours before kickoff!!! :twisted:

The D-line, I thought, played well, and like somebody said, freed up the LBs to make plays. The twins are playing pretty good. Held their on last night, and if they can continue, that helps the defense too because McKinney and Bray don't have to go both ways. White and Gibbs are playing like they should as Srs.. Vance plays every position on the O-line except C and gives the coaches a lot of options.

7 ...the bad thing about JW...I think he is sobber. Last night, during the ball game, he spent a lot of time, at a critical time in the game, speaking about HIS GOLF GAME.... unbelievable.......

This team is starting to play pretty good football. How can a team lose to the MO and come back to beat a very good White House team? I see a lot of improvement on both sides of the ball...and of course a monsoon had a lot to do with it. The defense has come a long way from the G-ville game. How 'bout those freshmen coming in and playing like veterans? A very big game looms next week. Hopefully...all of the injured players will be ready. If not...I...for one...am confident their backups will perform very well. A team that started with very little depth has developed it.

I really feel for WH. They have lost 3 games in a row in games that all went down to the last play. I don't ever remember seeing that happen. Good luck the rest of the season to the Blue Devils. I hope

you right the ship and make the playoffs. WH will be a very dangerous team if they make it.

I AGREE IF WHITE HOUSE MAKES IT IN , NOBODY WILL BE HAPPY TO PLAY THEM IN THE PLAYOFFS. ANY UPDATES ON DIXON WHITE HOUSE FANS? SMITH COUNTY ALSO IS A TEAM NOBODY WILL WANT TO SEE DOWN THE LINE.

This team is starting to play pretty good football. How can a team lose to the MO and come back to beat a very good White House team? I see a lot of improvement on both sides of the ball...and of course a monsoon had a lot to do with it. The defense has come a long way from the G-ville game. How 'bout those freshmen coming in and playing like veterans? A very big game looms next week. Hopefully...all of the injured players will be ready. If not...I...for one...am confident their backups will perform very well. A team that started with very little depth has developed it.

I really feel for WH. They have lost 3 games in a row in games that all went down to the last play. I don't ever remember seeing that happen. Good luck the rest of the season to the Blue Devils. I hope

you right the ship and make the playoffs. WH will be a very dangerous team if they make it.

I AGREE IF WHITE HOUSE MAKES IT IN , NOBODY WILL BE HAPPY TO PLAY THEM IN THE PLAYOFFS. ANY UPDATES ON DIXON WHITE HOUSE FANS? SMITH COUNTY ALSO IS A TEAM NOBODY WILL WANT TO SEE DOWN THE LINE.

Coach Porter thought Dixon's ankle was broken last night. They don't think so today. Will definitely miss a few games. Jose Silva, Owls TB who was hurt also, has stretched ligaments in his knee - will also miss a couple games. I hope both young men heal quickly and return to help their team.

Mafia,

Good win last night. I must admit I was a little shocked. After seeing the scores of your previous games, and watching the Dekalb game, I didn't think you would have the defense to stop WH. Sounds like you had a few to finally step up and play. So Term, tell me how my boys (twins) did. I was planning on coming, but had to head on to Knoxville. I listened to the first half until I was out of range on the other side of Cookeville. Heard they were in the starting line-up and the radio personnel said they were doing a pretty good job. I will agree about JW. Sounds like he starts hitting the sauce about two hours before kickoff!!! :twisted:

The D-line, I thought, played well, and like somebody said, freed up the LBs to make plays. The twins are playing pretty good. Held their on last night, and if they can continue, that helps the defense too because McKinney and Bray don't have to go both ways. White and Gibbs are playing like they should as Srs.. Vance plays every position on the O-line except C and gives the coaches a lot of options.

7 ...the bad thing about JW...I think he is sobber. Last night, during the ball game, he spent a lot of time, at a critical time in the game, speaking about HIS GOLF GAME.... unbelievable.......

I agree T, I have listened to a couple Owl games this year, last night being one. JW is hard to follow. Go from talking about a golf shot he made, to oh what just happened TC?

Sounded like though from what I could gather the Owls played a really great ball game though. Congrats to them and the coaches on a good win.

I think Whitehouse has a very good team. I think the jury is still out on Smith County, they play in a very week cup-cake region. SC has impressive wins over very mediocre teams. If SC beats Whitehouse then they can say they have turned the corner.

I guess the corner has been turned... :thumb:

OK term i mater : Can you spell T-U-R-N T-H-E C-O-R-N-E-R ? :thumb:

Mafia,

Good win last night. I must admit I was a little shocked. After seeing the scores of your previous games, and watching the Dekalb game, I didn't think you would have the defense to stop WH. Sounds like you had a few to finally step up and play. So Term, tell me how my boys (twins) did. I was planning on coming, but had to head on to Knoxville. I listened to the first half until I was out of range on the other side of Cookeville. Heard they were in the starting line-up and the radio personnel said they were doing a pretty good job. I will agree about JW. Sounds like he starts hitting the sauce about two hours before kickoff!!! :thumb:

I agree T, I have listened to a couple Owl games this year, last night being one. JW is hard to follow. Go from talking about a golf shot he made, to oh what just happened TC?

Sounded like though from what I could gather the Owls played a really great ball game though. Congrats to them and the coaches on a good win.

The Owls did play pretty well...but not near their potential. Still made some critical errors...fumble at their own 10...56 yd. td pass with less than a minute in the half...several delay of game and procedure penalties. Those mistakes were overcome against a very good WH team. I like what I'm seeing with this bunch. They find ways to win. They are beginning to lay some licks I didn't see earlier in the season. I think our coaching staff has done a phenominal job improving this team.

Twan I agree - it has almost been a 180 degree turn. They have developed confidence, realized that they are not going to break their equipment by throwing licks, able to get rest due to developed depth and knowledge of system. As you mentioned, we still make correctable mistakes that must be corrected.

]

The radio announcers do get on your last nerve. Have to say tho, our stadium announcer

is just as bad. We both need some new blood on the mike.

The Owls did play pretty well...but not near their potential. Still made some critical errors...fumble at their own 10...56 yd. td pass with less than a minute in the half...several delay of game and procedure penalties. Those mistakes were overcome against a very good WH team. I like what I'm seeing with this bunch. They find ways to win. They are beginning to lay some licks I didn't see earlier in the season. I think our coaching staff has done a phenominal job improving this team.

And I amazed at how those freshman played last night on the O line blocking mammoths on the D line, and especially since this staff doesn't like to play Freshman. Just kidding CPA.

I said preseason, and really up til a few weeks ago, that this was one of the weakest SC teams overall that I had seen in the last 10 or so years in SC. The last two games they have really played well and I definitely don't feel that is the case anymore regardless of how their season plays out. You don't beat that White House team last night while making mistakes without being a darn good football team.

Scurlock is a playmaker, and will be something to watch for the next couple of years. Hackett has really stepped up his game this year to fill a big void at SS in the place of Anderson. Last night proved that. I see why Brandon Johnston is the QB in the family after dropping a pick six (LOL.) and on the hand, his brother Joshua made one of heck of a catch on a fade route going up and getting and still keeping that one foot in. Brandon is really threading the needle. And like I just mentioned, these Frosh have gotten better throughout the year and are providing depth and showing a glimpse of what to expect in the years to come. Many more bright spots, but those are to name a few, especially the coaches which I thought had a phenominal gameplan on both sides of the ball last night.

If, If, If, they can continue to improve and correct mistakes, they can be very competitive in the playoffs. Good win Owls. Get ready for Cannon and preparing to claim the District Championship?

One more thing...how did this team lose to Westmoreland? And...isn't that the only game Westy has one? Wow if so.