Adamsville @ Hardin Co.- battle of the 7-0,6-0

utfan2

What happens if heavy storms are in the area? Will the game be postponed or suspended for lightning? The forecast looks pretty grim right now.

Yes most likely for lightning but the rain won't get it postponed unless the coaches don't want the kids to play in it. But lightning will be get postponed but if in anyway possible it will be played! I been around this game for over 50 years and played in the old big Ten Conference and can't recalled maybe 2 or 3 games postponed over the years! The shortage of officials is the reason some games are being played on Thursday night this year! Thats way they will try to get in if they can. Good luck to both teams and hope for a injury free game! :popcorneater:

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both teams should be used to a wet field by now. I know for 2 weeks it seemed like it rained non-stop and both teams played in the same mess.

I've heard talk about Adamsville having nothing to prove. And to an extent you are right.. they have won their district and are 7-0. But at the same time if this team wants to show us how far they've came and how good they are beating a 5A school would be the icing on the cake. This game kind of reminds me of a Maryville-Alcoa game, not comparing either team to an Alcoa or Maryville because both are different levels from those programs but I say it to make a point. Many years both teams have came into that game with very good teams, lost, moved on and made noise down the road. Some years Maryville has ran away with the game and Alcoa has went on to win a state championship. Other years Alcoa has squeaked one out and went on to win a state title... Back to my point for Adamsville this is more than a "pride game". We're underdogs but a win would show just how far we've came and the good things that Coach Gray and his staff are doing with this program.

Both teams should be used to a wet field by now. I know for 2 weeks it seemed like it rained non-stop and both teams played in the same mess.

I've heard talk about Adamsville having nothing to prove. And to an extent you are right.. they have won their district and are 7-0. But at the same time if this team wants to show us how far they've came and how good they are beating a 5A school would be the icing on the cake. This game kind of reminds me of a Maryville-Alcoa game, not comparing either team to an Alcoa or Maryville because both are different levels from those programs but I say it to make a point. Many years both teams have came into that game with very good teams, lost, moved on and made noise down the road. Some years Maryville has ran away with the game and Alcoa has went on to win a state championship. Other years Alcoa has squeaked one out and went on to win a state title... Back to my point for Adamsville this is more than a "pride game". We're underdogs but a win would show just how far we've came and the good things that Coach Gray and his staff are doing with this program.

Good post, I agree with that comparison and like you said both teams aren't on the same level as those but rivalry is the same along with the other things you stated

Looks like this one is gonna be a good one. Like my buddy colt saiid this is the game that these kids can say they have arrived with, but at the same time if they get beat it is not the end of the world. Get there early and be loud often. You never know what these boys might have up there sleave.

To the group along the fence that thinks they have a right to bad mouth this team or coaching staff I will say this. There is a reason you had to pay to get in and these coaches get paid to go out there. If you are not part of the solution then maybe you are the problem

Not sure who that's directed to cardfan? Who said anything about bashing anyone?

It wasn't directed at you or anyone from Hardin!

You are correct my friend but you know exactly who it was directed at. I have too many friends in HC. I have never had an issue with your fans swiper. Better brimg us a boat to get up and down the field. Looks like lots of rain.

MUD, MUD, MUD and more MUD. RAIN, RAIN, and more RAIN. I quess you get the picture of what it will be like tonight. I wish the conditions would be better but I quess we'll have to settle on what we have. The only consoladation will be that both teams will have to play on the same field.

May both teams be safe from harm and may the best team win........Did you hear me CARDINALS.....