Blackman vs Oakland @ The Inferno Game 8

Thanks wingman! Wish you could have come and shared some Toot's with me after the game. Maybe next time? It was a great win, and I was feeling euphoric, so I would have bought you ALL the wings that you wanted! :lol:

I have already said this once. I think that the new Z Plan needs you to schedule some guaranteed wins to get IN the playoffs, but you need to be battle-tested to get THROUGH the playoffs. I think strength of schedule was one of the reasons that Oakland took this game last night, along with good coaching, good motivation, and lack of respect from the press. Oh, and a SOLID defense with something to prove. We played in tight games this season with our backs against the wall. Once you get through the first round or so of the playoffs, those kind of games will take you far. I hate this system. Still can't get it straight in my head.

Cmon guys, you knew mykidsdad was going to post something like that. So typical of his own "classy" posts. We came in this game as UNDERDOGS, and we won. Of COURSE we are going to celebrate. Good grief........don't tell me that Blackman didn't celebrate their other 7 wins>? PUH.......lease. Move on...get ready for some COFFEY and some DAVENPORT the final week. You are NOW in the meat of your schedule, and it is about dang time.

Note who else is absent........... : :roflol:

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another great game between Rutherford county schools. Oakland was better tonight and deserved the win. Oakland was definitely the better team in the 1st half. 2nd half was about even. The last touchdown by Oakland was on a 4th and short with about a minute left in the game. Blackman was up on line to try to stop the 4th and short, Mayberry busted it.

In my opinion, there is very little difference between Riverdale, Oakland, Blackman, Smyrna, and Siegel. All are very good teams. Siegel is proving it can play with anybody, they just don't have something to pull out wins. Kind of same for Smyrna, but I know they are capable.

Blaze don't hang your head. Oakland lost last year to Lebanon and came back to win the state. There is no reason the same can't happen to Blackman. I still believe. We have to figure out a way to score more points against really good defenses, but we definitely have the athletes, leadership, and coaches to do that.

WE ARE BLACKMAN!

There is winning, and then there is winning with class. Congratulations on the win, good luck finding some class to go with it. Trash talking coaches, great!! And you wonder where the kids get it?

WE ARE BLACKMAN! and win or lose, we do it with class.

Give me a break crybaby. you have talked crap all season. Now you are having humble pie for breakfast.

I could not have said it better myself!!

Another great game between Rutherford county schools. Oakland was better tonight and deserved the win. Oakland was definitely the better team in the 1st half. 2nd half was about even. The last touchdown by Oakland was on a 4th and short with about a minute left in the game. Blackman was up on line to try to stop the 4th and short, Mayberry busted it.

In my opinion, there is very little difference between Riverdale, Oakland, Blackman, Smyrna, and Siegel. All are very good teams. Siegel is proving it can play with anybody, they just don't have something to pull out wins. Kind of same for Smyrna, but I know they are capable.

Blaze don't hang your head. Oakland lost last year to Lebanon and came back to win the state. There is no reason the same can't happen to Blackman. I still believe. We have to figure out a way to score more points against really good defenses, but we definitely have the athletes, leadership, and coaches to do that.

WE ARE BLACKMAN!

WE ARE BLACKMAN!

This is the type of post I love to see from a fan! Nothing "bashing" either team a great short evaluation of the game and the overall group of great teams we have in Rutherford County. IMO there is no reason why there should not be two Rutherford County teams fighting for the Gold Ball at the end of the year (if that's possible) The type of fans we don't need are those that get on here and talk about how much fun it was to lose and how we have "alot to work on".... STAND BEHIND YOUR TEAM WIN OR LOSE AND ALWAYS DO IT WITH CLASS!!!!! I may not be anywhere near perfect of acting with class on here but I'll be the first to say, we lost, it sucked, and it's now in the past. We have Brentwood next week and that is where our focus should be.

Now as for another matter which I'm suprised nothing has been said as it always is...... how'd everyone like being chased off the field last night so the BAND could do their halftime show????????? Sorry but three things:

1. The tone deaf singer needs to go

2. When your HEAD FOOTBALL COACH is giving his post game speech and trying to pray with his team on the field is shows a TOTAL LACK OF RESPECT to sit up in the stands cheering like a bunch of idiots!

3. Playing "Bad" by Michael Jackson when your losing is retarded and playing "Living on a Prayer" (or whatever the title of the song is) when you losing is even MORE RETARDED.

Anyone want our band???????

With ALL of that being said, I said I was far from perfect on having class on here but I am SICK of our BAND forgetting that this is FOOTBALL season, people pay to see a FOOTBALL game, and if you want thousands to come out and cheer for your band then sign up for the competition at MTSU during the summer! Remember this is FOOTBALL SEASON NOT MUSIC CLASS!

With ALL of that being said, I said I was far from perfect on having class on here but I am SICK of our BAND forgetting that this is FOOTBALL season, people pay to see a FOOTBALL game, and if you want thousands to come out and cheer for your band then sign up for the competition at MTSU during the summer! Remember this is FOOTBALL SEASON NOT MUSIC CLASS!

There are also competitions DURING football season - makes for some long weekends for folks in the band at some high schools :roflol:

There are also competitions DURING football season - makes for some long weekends for folks in the band at some high schools :roflol:

That's great for them but on Friday nights people don't come out, pay, and sit in 39 degree misting weather to see the band.... unless it's there mommies and daddies. Their actions last night were inexcusable, at a time when their football team could have used the support of everyone who was there for Blackman the band acted like children and showed a lack of support for their team and a total lack of respect for their school.

Don't get me started on Blackman's band. Two yrs ago when we played at the Inferno our team was praying together, your band marched on the field after the game beside where our team and coaches were and played as loudly as they could. It was obvious that our team was praying as they were on their knees with their heads bowed, and their arms around each other. I thought that was probably the sorriest thing I had ever seen in my life. The band stood beside us the entire time playing as loudly as they could. No reason for that. I will add that yall also lost that night, so not sure why they weren't high-tailing it out of there.

Their pulsating micrphone karaoke was also responsible for causing a parent of one of their football players to have a brain anuerysm ( sp) in the stands and die maybe 6 yrs ago. The lady was complaining right before she collpased that the band was giving her a devastating headache and she wished the girl singing on the mike would shut-up. Scared me so bad that I wore earplugs for yrs after that so I didn't have to hear that caterwalling ( sp) . Usually when I speak of their band , I get jumped on here about how effective they are for their team. The record never proved that to be so..... :roflol:

True that all those people don't come and sit in cold wet weather to see the band, but it is important to those kids in the band to get to play at the football games. This is one reason they are in the band. I believe Blackman has a very good band, one that has been very supportive of the football team even when they have been bad. They deserve to perform at these games as well.

If I'm not mistaken, the band cut short their halftime routine so the football team would not get a penalty to start the 2nd half. You should be grateful the band did this. The band also waited quite awhile for everyone to clear the field before it started playing their halftime routine after the game. How long are they suppose to wait. Why should all the mommies and daddies of the band (of which I am) have to sit and wait for everyone to mingle on the field for 30 minutes after the game is over. Both teams did their huddle, had their prayer, now get off the dadgum field so the band can have its last homegame performance.

Also, why should you not bash the other teams football players, but its OK to bash those in the band. That is a lack of class and those of you that do this know who you are. That band kid you are bashing may turn out to be your football players boss one day, you know.

s

True that all those people don't come and sit in cold wet weather to see the band, but it is important to those kids in the band to get to play at the football games. This is one reason they are in the band. I believe Blackman has a very good band, one that has been very supportive of the football team even when they have been bad. They deserve to perform at these games as well.

If I'm not mistaken, the band cut short their halftime routine so the football team would not get a penalty to start the 2nd half. You should be grateful the band did this. The band also waited quite awhile for everyone to clear the field before it started playing their halftime routine after the game. How long are they suppose to wait. Why should all the mommies and daddies of the band (of which I am) have to sit and wait for everyone to mingle on the field for 30 minutes after the game is over. Both teams did their huddle, had their prayer, now get off the dadgum field so the band can have its last homegame performance.

Also, why should you not bash the other teams football players, but its OK to bash those in the band. That is a lack of class and those of you that do this know who you are. That band kid you are bashing may turn out to be your football players boss one day, you know.

Because the other teams football players showed more respect for OUR FOOTBALL team than OUR BAND did. I'm not grateful about anything the band did as a "favor" to the football team, their time was up to get off of the field and they should have been off period! (That and the fact that they didn't do it to be nice they did it because the administrators told them to get off the field, so it wasn't done as some heartfelt gesture) With it being senior night the band should have done what 99% of the other bands in our area do on senior nights or Homecomings, which is do their performance BEFORE the game. (And include the senior band members in the senior introductions with everyone else ((football players, cheerleaders, etc.)) And while the teams were having their huddles and prayers no one was able to hear them because the band wouldn't be quiet long enough for them to get through it, and this is not only coming from Blackman ppl it's also coming from Oakland ppl. Has even been a complaint from previous teams we have played this year. AND isn't the first time it's happened! Honestly it's not the kids fault that this is going on it's the band directors for allowing it. The band director should be held accountable for their actions just like a coach on a field is if he does something out of line, and I can promise you the actions that were allowed after the game last night were out of line. If the poor sportsmanship projected onto those kids isn't stopped now then those band kids will never get the chance to be a boss because no one will keep them around if they aren't team players with everyone. Just so you know I'm not "bashing" on the band members just to be a jerk I know what they go through, I was in the band quite a few years ago when I was in school. :roflolk:

Bottom line is if the band wants respect from everyone out there (our team as well as others) then they need to earn it and that will never happen if things continue to go the way they are. As for our band in general, they are a good band, wish we could either stop the singing or get someone who is better with tone and pitch, but then again they are high school students. Also wish the song selection was better and more in tune with the game.... (Like if we are losing not playing "Living on a prayer") :roflol:

Don't get me started on Blackman's band. Two yrs ago when we played at the Inferno our team was praying together, your band marched on the field after the game beside where our team and coaches were and played as loudly as they could. It was obvious that our team was praying as they were on their knees with their heads bowed, and their arms around each other. I thought that was probably the sorriest thing I had ever seen in my life. The band stood beside us the entire time playing as loudly as they could. No reason for that. I will add that yall also lost that night, so not sure why they weren't high-tailing it out of there.

Their pulsating micrphone karaoke was also responsible for causing a parent of one of their football players to have a brain anuerysm ( sp) in the stands and die maybe 6 yrs ago. The lady was complaining right before she collpased that the band was giving her a devastating headache and she wished the girl singing on the mike would shut-up. Scared me so bad that I wore earplugs for yrs after that so I didn't have to hear that caterwalling ( sp) . Usually when I speak of their band , I get jumped on here about how effective they are for their team. The record never proved that to be so..... :roflolk:

Better be careful there 2p, remember one day those band kids could be your football players boss, you know. :roflol:

I respect the kids who are members of the band. I think everyone needs a place to belong in high school, whether it is on a sports team, cheerleaders, band, student council, chorus, dance team, etc. It is important to be involved and to support your school in any capacity. I know many people who have such glorious memories of their adventures and times in the band. These kids work very hard to perfect their shows and do a ton of fundraising. Blackman's band has always been considered very elite. Band is an excellent opportunity for parents to be involved with their children in high school as there are so many ways to help out and give back. There have been some bands that are so exceptional that I have remained in my seat at halftime and not headed for concessions til they are finished. One that comes to mind was when Riverdale's band did a special show about Micheal Jackson around 10 yrs ago. That was VERY entertaining and the guy who played Jackson was major talented.

I disagree with you when you say that everyone comes to the games to see the football game. Lots of kids come to ogle the cheerleaders, or to simply mingle and socialize with their classmates. They could care less about watching what is going on on the field. You are blind if you don't see that or know kids who come to just have fun. They do not know the score or even the basics of the game. They seem to walk around the whole night or congregate in a section of the stands throwing things at each other, flirting, or running back and forth in front of folk at crucial parts of the team. I am sure there are others in jr high that come to watch the band play and dream of the day that they are there tooting a horn or carrying the flag. Pride comes in all forms. And YES they still come out in the rain and the 39 degree weather. They could care less about the team or the coach or the score......let me tell you this. Just because it is important to you, doesn't mean it is important to them. Let me tell you.......their 5 bucks is important to the programs too.