Blackman vs Oakland @ The Inferno Game 8

I'll say it again. We love our announcer. I like it when they play the Mayberry theme. I liked it when they played Love Train when Precious Valentine scored. I don't care if they announce the opposing players. Having done a few Central games int he past, i know how hard that can be, and if I want to know that much, I'll buy a program.

I'll listen to your bad announcers, your band, your student's obnoxious cheers without complaint, but when we play at home, I'll take my homer over yours any day of the week.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What if he keeps "OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHH-ZOOOOOOOOOOOONE!!!!!" but drops all the other obnoxious clowing around that make the school look bad? :roll:

Yes, T. does not care about that Andy Griffith mess either! I wish he would stop that too!

Going by a few (very few) of the posts here defending the immature antics in question, there are a few (very few) people claiming to be supporters of OHS who would rather cling to the obnoxious immaturity even if it pi$$es off and annoys the team's best player and a large number of OHS fans.

That certainly is pathetic. They need to grow up. :lol:

I'll say it again. We love our announcer. I like it when they play the Mayberry theme. I liked it when they played Love Train when Precious Valentine scored. I don't care if they announce the opposing players. Having done a few Central games int he past, i know how hard that can be, and if I want to know that much, I'll buy a program.

I'll listen to your bad announcers, your band, your student's obnoxious cheers without complaint, but when we play at home, I'll take my homer over yours any day of the week.

But I do think he should be shown some consideration being that he himself (Mayberry) does not like it.

Sorry, but it doesn't take anything much besides courtesy. Even if you don't call out their names

( because you don't want to take the time to look at a ROSTER!!), you can call out their numbers and announce their starting line-ups. There is no excuse not to do that. If the problem is needing a spotter, call on randymc!! He would do a great job!

I will be honest, I have been asked by folk from opposing schools why our announcer is trying to sound so "ghetto?" It almost sounds like a low budget disco movie.

Seriously, everyone USED to blast Riverdale's announcer all the time, and praised ours. Now that we have the old Riverdale staff, I guess we had to inherit the tradition of the hated and dreaded announcer.