3A Dyer Co. @ 1A Huntingdon

GoldStandard

I think Huntingdon will win this game fairly easy. I think Huntingdon will win by about 21-28 points. Dyer Co. runs the Tony Franklin System which is moreless a type of spread offense. Dyer Co. runs it well, but Huntingdon has enough speed to contain the big play. Dyer Co. is also a young team this year as well which Huntingdon should take to their advantage.

I think Dyer Co. is 4A, not 3A. Dyer Co. is in with Brighton, Hardin Co. etc...

and i think huntingdon is 2A or maybe 3A if that be the case

Huntingdon is in fact a 1A team, even in the playoffs.

yea i know there in 1A but should'nt be what is there in rollment there

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

logger..

Huntingdon's enrollment was 382 when reclassification was done in 2008 for the 2009 season. Currently our enrollment is 362 as of 9/1/09. Previously we were at the bottom of 2-AA playing teams like Milan and Camden with enrollments of over 800. We didn't complain but played where we were put. Some teams are always having to play larger schools in the classification system.

In the 70's and 80's before the 5 classifications when there were only 3 classes we played up much like Trousdale did but we did it for 20 years. Honestly I think we would have had several titles but always had to beat teams like Lexington, Milan, Hardin County, etc. just to make the playoffs. Remember only 1 team made the playoffs from each region then.

Speaking for myself only I don't like the 6 classifications. It waters down the titles too much. I don't know why they now have 6 unless it's for more money. To get back to your post, Huntingdon is a legit 1-A team now.

logger..

Huntingdon's enrollment was 382 when reclassification was done in 2008 for the 2009 season. Currently our enrollment is 362 as of 9/1/09. Previously we were at the bottom of 2-AA playing teams like Milan and Camden with enrollments of over 800. We didn't complain but played where we were put. Some teams are always having to play larger schools in the classification system.

In the 70's and 80's before the 5 classifications when there were only 3 classes we played up much like Trousdale did but we did it for 20 years. Honestly I think we would have had several titles but always had to beat teams like Lexington, Milan, Hardin County, etc. just to make the playoffs. Remember only 1 team made the playoffs from each region then.

Speaking for myself only I don't like the 6 classifications. It waters down the titles too much. I don't know why they now have 6 unless it's for more money. To get back to your post, Huntingdon is a legit 1-A team now.

Mr Mustang, You can bet the 6 classification is all about $$$$. Just like Huntingdon at 362, McKenzie has enrollment of 375 as of Sept 1 but were averaging slightly over 400 when classification was changed. Whereas Huntingdon was averaging below 400 I believe. So somewhere between Huntingdon and McKenzie's enrollment figures is the cutoff between 1A and 2A playoffs. I'm guessing 400. Milan has more like 600 students, Camden should have a few more than Milan. Like u say, you play where you are put and make the best of it. I believe Huntingdon will take down the Choctaws but it may not be a blowout. Dyer County's record is not the best on paper but they have played some pretty decent teams because of where they were put. Could make for an interesting game. Good luck and see you guys in an interesting game Week 10.

Somebody post Kennan Holder's stats please.....

I'm touting him for 1A Mr Football Back on another thread.....

not sure exactly but its close 1200 rushing, 200 receiving. i will try and get it exact. no doubt he is a front runner!!

Never too early to start a campaign....The kid is deserving...You guys have played an extremely difficult schedule..Holder hasn't been putting up these numbers against The Sisters of the Poor...

Believe it or not sports writers do read these threads...It's a good source to get info out about kids that would otherwise go unnoticed...

wannab.. I stand corrected. Milan turned in 626 and Camden turned in 645. Mckenzie turned in 419. The more students a school has the more money they get for "average daily attendance".

Good factual data Mr. Mustang. The way the state has started to cut some school program monies one would be incouraged to turn in more but that would put our football teams playing against bigger schools so we stay honest as possible. :wacko:

I think Huntingdon will win this game fairly easy. I think Huntingdon will win by about 21-28 points. Dyer Co. runs the Tony Franklin System which is moreless a type of spread offense. Dyer Co. runs it well, but Huntingdon has enough speed to contain the big play. Dyer Co. is also a young team this year as well which Huntingdon should take to their advantage.

I think Dyer Co. is 4A, not 3A. Dyer Co. is in with Brighton, Hardin Co. etc...

and i think huntingdon is 2A or maybe 3A if that be the case

Huntingdon is in fact a 1A team, even in the playoffs.

yea i know there in 1A but should'nt be what is there in rollment there

Mr. Mustang,

If you end up playing in Jo Byrns during the playoffs don't sniff the exaust fumes. Logger puts some sort of sleeping element in the motor oil and it has a tendency to make your players sluggish. :(

Ask Butchie, he can tell ya. Jo Byrns had a alot to do with it but we laid an egg week 14 up there but they beat us fair and square. I do recommend the food that is served in the end zone. :wacko: