Hampton vs. Sullivan East

dawgbacker

There is a fine line between confidence and ignorance, I'm not talking about any Bulldog fans, yall have a right to be confident, but there are some people that may spout off a little more than they should! Not talking about anyone in particular, just saying that some teams deserve to crow a little and some that do, have no real right other than we live in a free country, you know what I mean? :roflol:

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a fine line between confidence and ignorance, I'm not talking about any Bulldog fans, yall have a right to be confident, but there are some people that may spout off a little more than they should! Not talking about anyone in particular, just saying that some teams deserve to crow a little and some that do, have no real right other than we live in a free country, you know what I mean? :roflol:

Its really just week to week, sometimes you know you should win, sometimes you are not so sure, and you usually have a good idea when you are gonna get beat. As for my part ,I don't think its arrogance, just saying what I think to be true. This is one of those ,don't know weeks. Next week should be a win.

I agree, the confident fans rule the boards. Also, the true fans will stay on the boards as well. I know at Cloudland the butts used to be in the bleachers. People want to see the team perform well and win. While it is not fair to the players, people don't want to spend their money on things they don't want to see. I love the program and the fellowship with my fellow true fans. I guess thats why I still roam the boards and the sidelines at Orr Field hoping things will get turned around and we can have Friday nights to look forward to again. I also think a spade should be called a spade and I will always be the one to voice what I think should be done to get back to those glory days. I hope everyone has a safe rest of the year. Go out and support your teams regardless of the outcomes. :roflol:

KING I certainly think every fan has a right to voice their opinion about their hometown team, as long as that opinion is constructive and not out and out bashing the players or coaches. I know you don't do that and your criticism is based solely on the fact that you want your team to be the best they can. What you can't get is parents and fans telling the players how bad their coaches are and how they would be so much better if they did this or did that, because trust me the kids listen to that mess and after a while they start to buy in to what they are hearing outside the program instead of whats going on within and why they are being coached a certain way or in a certain scheme. Its so easy for people who have no idea to come up with a remedy to any problem, but if you're around and see everything that happens everyday and see what kids are actually capable of doing, then you can understand why certain schemes are good some years, but if your a coach worth his salt, you better be able to adapt to your talent level year after year or you will not be very successful. Every great coach adapts their scheme to his talent, not his talent to his scheme, it just doesn't work that way, you have to be able to be flexable and sometimes swallow your pride and do things you may not want to for the simple fact that different things give you better chances of winning different years. Now I've said my piece and I like the Dogs by 10 this week, good luck to all! :popcorneater:

Good post, Bigblue. I think as long as a coach commands respect for him and his staff, the players will pay attention. Coach Lunsford has taken heat from parents for 20 years and having to put up with the kids who thought they were better than what they were. The thing is, when it came time to go to work, everyone knew who the boss was. Now, I know I get accused of coach bashing, but I challenge anyone to go through my posts the last couple of years and find where I bashed any coaches. Coacht would not have given my username back and I would not still be here if I was guilty of it. Now, everyone says things that might make someone unhappy, but thats just life. Those people need to grow some skin and move on. And I also agree on playing to your talent level. A team who doesn't have the talent to run the spread offense should move to a more conventional offense and you do things to put yourself in the best position to win.

There is a fine line between confidence and ignorance, I'm not talking about any Bulldog fans, yall have a right to be confident, but there are some people that may spout off a little more than they should! Not talking about anyone in particular, just saying that some teams deserve to crow a little and some that do, have no real right other than we live in a free country, you know what I mean? :twisted:

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Nobody cares.

There is a fine line between confidence and ignorance, I'm not talking about any Bulldog fans, yall have a right to be confident, but there are some people that may spout off a little more than they should! Not talking about anyone in particular, just saying that some teams deserve to crow a little and some that do, have no real right other than we live in a free country, you know what I mean? :thumb:

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Nobody cares.

And guess what? Nobody cares about "twenty-five", (yeah I said twenty, not two) anymore either! You can't stand it can you? That's why you're so bitter and have childish retorts to any post not from a bulldog fan. Glory days are over Al Bundy. Oh wait, I believe Al was more successful and happier than you. :thumb:

Congrats to the Dawgs from Grunt & TC..... :lol:

Thanks Grunt, thought this one would have been alot closer.SE is alot better than anyone would know. They just seem to kill themselves every night. Hampton was up 35 to 0 and alot of it was due to SE mistakes. Gotta feel bad for SE ,HAD 22 seniors back and were expected to be tough.