1A Mr. Football

MOTO24

Does anyone know if they are giving 6 Mr. Football's, or 12? Is it going to be a single back and lineman for the regular season classifications, or is each playoff class going to give the two awards?

They should go 12, so more of these boys have a better resume for college. It would be more press coverage, which is good. Plus they were already doing 7 classes backs and linemaen, counting Div 2 privates,and a kicker. Thats 15 right there. How do these boys get nominated? Who picks the winner?

i would say its opposite...the more people that get an award the less it means...

and how many yards did that LK guy get in the championship game last year!? :wacko:

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pujo your'e right, Montrell had 1 heck of a game at TC. Did any of the boys at Hampton go off to school last year? When we played Hampton in 07,14 seemed to be a real hardnosed player. And big 77 could have played somewhere it seems.Any players this year deserving of college looks?And it would seem to be way too many winners of the Mr.Football award,if you would include all classes linemen and backs.

Bossbro, none of the kids went anywhere to play, some of them had offers from some small schools. Big 77 could have played somewhere, jusy wasn't his thing. He's a great student and will do well in life.

As far as this years team ,I've not heard of anyone planning to play at the next level. They really don't have any stars ,just a bunch of hard working country boys. Its a fairly solid team, just well coached and they play hard.

Does anyone know if they are giving 6 Mr. Football's, or 12? Is it going to be a single back and lineman for the regular season classifications, or is each playoff class going to give the two awards?

They should go 12, so more of these boys have a better resume for college. It would be more press coverage, which is good. Plus they were already doing 7 classes backs and linemaen, counting Div 2 privates,and a kicker. Thats 15 right there. How do these boys get nominated? Who picks the winner?

i would say its opposite...the more people that get an award the less it means...

and how many yards did that LK guy get in the championship game last year!? :wacko:

I posted earlier that he had 123 yards on 22 carries with 1 TD.

A committee of statewide sports writers selected winners based on performance in the regular season. Academics and character were also taken into consideration. High school head coaches and members of the media nominated the finalists.

So the coaches and MEDIA nominate the finalists? Committee of SPORTS WRITERS select the winners.

WTF!!!!

Now thats watered down right there.

That being said he is only a junior and has hopefully one heck of a senior year to look forward to next year after having to spend the early part of this season on the sidelines due to injury.

I have a feeling 34 is going to have an incredible senior year SB. :roflol:

As for the 1A Mr.Football award,of course LK is my choice. This young man is humble,dedicated,disciplined,and is a team player,not a ME player. IMO he is the epitome of what a high school athlete should be like not just on the field,but also off the field.

I know I'm bias,and have strong opinion on this matter,so as Forrest Gump would say "that's all I've got to say about that."

That being said he is only a junior and has hopefully one heck of a senior year to look forward to next year after having to spend the early part of this season on the sidelines due to injury.

I have a feeling 34 is going to have an incredible senior year SB. :roflol:

As for the 1A Mr.Football award,of course LK is my choice. This young man is humble,dedicated,disciplined,and is a team player,not a ME player. IMO he is the epitome of what a high school athlete should be like not just on the field,but also off the field.

I know I'm bias,and have strong opinion on this matter,so as Forrest Gump would say "that's all I've got to say about that."

LK is definitely my choice as well he is a great player and a great person. He always makes time for the younger kids and I don't just mean other players but kids of all ages.

No player ever blocked for himself.....And if you really want to bring up last year's game.How many refs actually graduated from TC and officiated that game? No sour grapes here,but it was ridiculous.It's a new year.Too bad we don't TC at home in the playoffs this year.T.Robinson deserves his credit for this year thus far.

Oh i'm not taking anything away from him, he's great, and so is SP. That short fast linebacker was the one who impressed me the most from SP. I'd bet he had 20 tackles. And you think those refs were bad, you should seen the crew up at Mayfield this year. :blink:

Oh and I too would love to see TC get to play SP AGAIN this yr. The scrimmage was awesome from what i hear. :thumb:We'll probably get to see how we would fare against each other, after we both play Boyd. If Boyd can make it that far. :blink: I hope SP buts a physical beating on them this Fri. :blink:

slim, Old Pirate says TC will beat BB rather easily ifin theys play.

Now as for the 1A player, T.Rob has to be a lead candidate for this honor. Hopefully him not suiting up against BB won't hurt him and hopefully he'll be suited up come FryDay nite. T.Rob is the leader of the Pirates and they should continue to do well behind his leadership.

As for the SP vs TC game last year, Montrell left everything on the field and played both ways and on every special team. He was a great team player that played with the heart. He is turning heads with his desire and heart in college. :thumb:

I'd like to thow in my pick and that is Oneida High School Senior and Quarterback #8 Houston Hood. This young man is both an offensive and defensive football player and gives 100% from the time he steps on the field until the last second ticks off the clock. He stepped into the quarterback position and has become a leader and works hard from start to finish. I do not know the number of TD's he has thrown nor the number he has ran in for TD's but there are many. Any High School football player who can throw an 87 yard TD pass, a 51 TD pass, etc. etc. deserves to be considered for his accuracy, determination, skill, talent, and persistence. Hood is a top-notch defensive player as well. He has carried his team on his back and gone the extra mile every time he takes the field. I don't have his stats but welcome anyone to check them out and get the opinions of his coaches. He has been named Player of the Week and has received Honorable Mention several times. Hood is one of the most versatile football players in the league and seems to be an excellent sportsman always showing respect for the sport and all those involved.