1A Mr. Football

MOTO24

The award gets handed out on Monday...I sure hope LK gets it. There ain't but one of the candidates left playin so it may be hard for him to win but you never know. Marco never made it to the finals but he won it back to back years. He did make it to the semi-finals though...you never know what the voters are thinking. All I can say is you can't go wrong with LK from Jo Byrns. His numbers speak for themselves and his character is second to none if you ask anybody that knows him. This is my one last post for this guy...sure gonna miss his presence on the field. Here's to LK this year and #1 Frankie Traughber for next year. Let the big dawgs eat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :roflol:

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I garuntee you that this Robinson boy at SP is the best player in this 1A this year. This boy is big and strong. He is real smart on the field too. I like to watch this boy run and throw that football. He is a real good player and he should be the winner of this thing. I read in my book about that boy from Joe Byrnes and that Holder boy. They are good boys too but this Robinson boy is a real good boy too.

I garuntee you that this Robinson boy at SP is the best player in this 1A this year.

You wood b wrong this time,Roy.

I wish the best to all these young men,it's a shame all of them can't win it. I will say this much,whoever doesn't win has already done something that most of us can only dream of doing....just being nominated.

I will be surprised if Terrell Robinson wins the award this year since David Jones won it from SP last year. I really hope he does...he is well deserving. There have been years past where I thought a couple of other backs from SP should have won the award (Eddie Moore 1998, Robert Robinson 2007) but did not. It is all about voting and most of the voters never see the players...they just look at stats.

I garuntee you that this Robinson boy at SP is the best player in this 1A this year.

You wood b wrong this time,Roy.

I wish the best to all these young men,it's a shame all of them can't win it. I will say this much,whoever doesn't win has already done something that most of us can only dream of doing....just being nominated.

If you have not seen him play in person, you don't really know. Who is still leading his team to a possible state championship? I think that should be weighed in the voting but sadly, most of the time it is all about a player that has stats against weak competition.

Red Devil88 and 1994 Pirate you are both wrong. I am telling you right now that this Robinson boy is the best boy in 1A. I garuntee you that he will be a good boy and player in college. He is one of the best players I have seen. 1994 Pirate you are wrong about our boys not being able to win the award. That Jones boy won the award last year but that does not have anything to do with this Robinson boy winning it this year. I hope this Robinson boy wins this award because he is the best player.

Yes the voting may be a bit shewed but it's certainly not about stats. David Jones playing maybe 3 full games last season. He was no where near the other finalists, as far as stats.When you go to the presentation there is a booklet that is given to all in attendence.It explains the criteria for the voting. The system has changed since the days of Eddie Moore,Corey Tipton. R.Robinson's stats were off the charts as well.