Sycamore at Creek Wood

BoardHater71

This week is "Senior Night" at Creek Wood and the Red Hawks will host Sycamore in their final non-district game of the season. The War Eagles have won 4 consecutive games and are trying hard to get that all important 5th win of the season going into their final 2 games against Goodpasture & White House. Creek Wood is 5-1 on the season and is still perfect in the district. Their big showdown with Camden is 2 weeks away and they can't afford to get caught overlooking a red hot Sycamore bunch. This game will be broadcast live on 1030 AM this Friday night and the taped broadcast can be heard Saturday morning on 790 AM.

Any thoughts or predictions on this one????? The common opponent for both has been Greenbrier. Both teams played Greenbrier in weeks 1 & 2 respectively so plenty has changed since that time. Sycamore lost to the Bobcats 7-19 while Creek Wood beat the Bobcats 14-3.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually there is another common oppenont and that is eachother. They played in a preseason bbq scrimmage that meant nothing. Weird that they scrimmaged knowing they would play in week 7. Cw won that game 22-0 in about a quarter of varsity action. But as i said that meant nothing and both teams have gotten a lot better.

Sycamore (4-3) won 4 straight

Creek Wood (5-1) won 5 straight

Sounds like it should be a good game and i think it will be early but i think Cw is a better team.

Creek Wood-38

Sycamore-13

Sycamore is obviously playing well right now. They have won 4 in a row. I have not seen them play, but my sources in Cheatham County tell me they can run the ball on anyone. Coach Halstead is doing a fantastic job this season. Creekwood is also playing well this season. This should be an interesting ball game because Sycamore should actually be in the same district with Creekwood and the other two Cheatham County schools, but TSSAA put them in with an Easter Middle TN district and brought Camden across the river. Go figure.

This week is "Senior Night" at Creek Wood and the Red Hawks will host Sycamore in their final non-district game of the season. The War Eagles have won 4 consecutive games and are trying hard to get that all important 5th win of the season going into their final 2 games against Goodpasture & White House. Creek Wood is 5-1 on the season and is still perfect in the district. Their big showdown with Camden is 2 weeks away and they can't afford to get caught overlooking a red hot Sycamore bunch. This game will be broadcast live on 1030 AM this Friday night and the taped broadcast can be heard Saturday morning on 790 AM.

Any thoughts or predictions on this one????? The common opponent for both has been Greenbrier. Both teams played Greenbrier in weeks 1 & 2 respectively so plenty has changed since that time. Sycamore lost to the Bobcats 7-19 while Creek Wood beat the Bobcats 14-3.

war eagles are done for the year. the winning streak stops here and the remandier of the season. It will be next year before they get another win. creek-wood 28 syc. 7

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN..........THIS CREEKWOOD FOOTBALL TEAM IS FOR REAL..... This team will run over whomever gets in their path....Cannot wait till they bring home that REGION CHAMPIONSHIP......HIT EM HARD RED HAWKS.......BEST TEAM IN DICKSON COUNTY :popcorneater:

Squat....you said it. Creekwood is the best team in Dickson County...But Camden is the best team in the District.

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN..........THIS CREEKWOOD FOOTBALL TEAM IS FOR REAL..... This team will run over whomever gets in their path....Cannot wait till they bring home that REGION CHAMPIONSHIP......HIT EM HARD RED HAWKS.......BEST TEAM IN DICKSON COUNTY :popcorneater:

Pretty sure you have to actually beat the other team in Dickson Co to claim that title dry.gif

Don't be surprised if Creek Wood get's handed their second loss of the season due to inferior coaching. CreekWood has the better players but IMO they haven't gotten any better since the Syc scrimage. Should be fun

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN..........THIS CREEKWOOD FOOTBALL TEAM IS FOR REAL..... This team will run over whomever gets in their path....Cannot wait till they bring home that REGION CHAMPIONSHIP......HIT EM HARD RED HAWKS.......BEST TEAM IN DICKSON COUNTY :lol:

Don't be surprised if Creek Wood get's handed their second loss of the season due to inferior coaching. CreekWood has the better players but IMO they haven't gotten any better since the Syc scrimage. Should be fun

Inferior coaching? you don't have a record of 5-1 and have inferior coaching. You don't take a team from 1-9 record last year to a 5-1 start this year with upsets over Fairview and Greenbrier. Inferior coaching? i think not. I will be very suprised if Creek Wood loses this game. I'm not sure Creek Wood is the team you have to be wondering about whether or not they have gotten better since the scrimmage. :roflolk:

This Creekwood bunch is looking way past this game to two weeks away with the big time showdown of Camden Central and Creekwood. If Sycamore plays hard and make little mistakes they could just come up and surprise this CReekwood team. Looking ahead and lack of focus on each game often turns into losses. I think this game will be closer than expected between Sycamore and Creekwood, but only time will tell. My pick is Creekwood by 14 or less.

Very well said and I would normally agree, but I have a brother-n-law on the coaching staff and believe me this CreekWood team isnt looking ahead at all and mainly because but UNFORTUNATELY if the Dickson County School System cant get thier budget system figured out the school officials are goin to shut down schools and the CreekWood@Camden game wont even happen so their playin week 2 week right now and staying focused.