Maryville at Farragut

FBEmeritus

WOW what a game last night. This is what it is all about in high school football and this is why I still come around and watch it. I was at field level last night watching this game and there was a few missed calls last night on both side of the ball. Farragut LB's was holding receiving past the 5 yard rule and not getting called on them and YES it was a block in he back just rewatch the game today on farragutfootball.com.. but you have to realize that this is a kid trying to help out his team and was just trying to do what he thought was right. (best why I can put it) I am a Farragut guy and have been for a long time. The one play that to me was big was when the Maryille QB throw the ball all away cross the field and complete with two Farragut defense guys there and missed the int plus the tackle. You have to give Maryville credit with being down 24-7 and not giving up and having there band on Farragut side of the stadium. We teach or kids to be good sportmanship I think we he to teach or fans to be more than them. To be honest with you it was amazing to watch GQ mind work on that sideline last night and even being down 24-7 along with his coaching staff and then taking the ball right down with taking about 46 seconds off the clock before halftime and scoring to make it 24-14 was the difference. Good game last night to both teams and Maryville good luck down the road and hope we see you guys again.

Classy Post...You represent your team well. :roflol:

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting past all the negativity. Farragut came out as advertised. They have very great athletes, and great linemen. The Freshmen linemen will be unbelievably good in the years to come. I am glad we didn't play Farragut earlier in the season.

Farragut did not loose this game because they lacked preparation or heart. They lost because:

1. When Maryville started executing on both Offense and Defense, Farragut tried to make plays that just were not there. When you throw into double and triple coverage consistently, bad things will happen.

2. The Maryville Offense found ways to get the match ups they wanted. The trick play at the goal line(Phillip vs Air), the reverse using a receiver that has never ran the ball this season, and getting our receivers matched up on linebackers.

3. The Maryville kids started executing on every position on the field. The D-line was getting penetration that they didn't have in the first half and the O-line opened up holes that weren't quite as wide the first half. The DBs that had the secondary receivers in single coverage were always in position. The backs and receivers were making blocks to give Phillip an extra second or an extra step.

I look forward to this rivalry in the years to come, and I wish both teams a deep run in the playoffs. Either team would do a great job representing East Tennessee in the 6A championship. :roflol:

Just a thought or two for you guys to ponder...

I keep hearing people on here questioning the block in the back...do you realize at least 3 maybe 4 flags were thrown simuntaneously on that play. Did all those refs see the play wrong?

My thoughts on the long pass....That was a great play for everyone involved. #15 made a great throw, #3 (Bristol) had it played beautifully, and #20 (Van Dyne) made an excellent play. I think he caught the ball if he got his hands under the ball as he hit the ground....could not tell from my position...neither could the ref...he was inside the play. This is definately one that would have gone to replay at any other level. However, at the hs level it is part of the game, every team this season has been hurt by bad calls and have benefited from them.

Here's the point, Farragut did not score on either of those plays, no points came off the score board...would they have gone on to score on either drive????who knows. Would have, could have and should haves all take place after the game...the game is in the hands of the players and coaches during the 60 minutes on the field.

Farragut has too good of a team to get on here and say that they can't overcome set backs during the game. Maryville beat them last night by overcoming a 24 - 7 deficit...The Rebels made the adjustments and made the plays neccessary to win. Let your team win and lose games, don't give the officiating that much power.

It is unbelievable that Farrygut thinks that they can compete with any team in Blount County (with the exception of HHS and WB). What Farrygut does not understand is that MHS does not need any help from anyone they are just a very well coached team that plays with a lot of heart. Im sorry your Ads dont play in 3A or you might get the beat down that you deserve. Much props to the Rebels for taking care of business!!!!!! :roflol::lol::lol:

Shouldn't you be over in the in the AA thread trash talking teams like Stone Memorial and Howard??? You finally beat Maryville for the first time in a decade and now you're on the high horse. Come on now.

From Knox Sports Online

Mary. Far.

Penalties/Yards………………………..2-10……4-31

Also,

Dont blame these refs for your loss. they took a TD from the rebels. Even the Student section was chanting BS. They called it fair for both sides

Much respect to all the good sports on here. but to all the others, Quit complaining.

WHAT A GAME!!!! FHS has a great team and a nice place to play. I will say this to those who choose to cry and play the cheater/recruiter card ... REALLY.? Is that all you got.? It was said best by (nameless) last post season when he was asked about the new classifications;" We're going to have a whole new bunch of people to hate us..." so go ahead and keep on hating because MARYVILLE feeds on it. It was a sweet and well deserved victory over a very staunch opponent , hats off to the Admirals on an outstanding performance. MARYVILLE RED REBELS CONGRATS ON THE FIRST EVER 6A DISTRICT CHAMPIONSHIP!

P.S. Hey John Brice , why don't you throw your hat at the camera every week , on second thought keep it on so we do not have to look at that crazy hair. :roflol:

P.S.S. Why don't you just move back to motown.

Well after being at the game last night, all I have to say is that Maryville WILL NOT be able to compete with the 7-A boys.... thats right, once they come play with the big boys in 7-A ball they wont roll through their district anymore.

I disagree...if we do a better job recruiting and pay the refs a bit more, I think we can compete. I'm not sure about the big boys of 8A. :roflol:

Congrats Maryville on one of the best comebacks against a quality opponent that I have ever seen. Both teams are very good and will probably meet again in the playoffs this year. All of the Farragut fans that I talked to after the game were classy, even though they were dissappointed. However, to those of you who are complaining about the refs cheating and causing the Admirals to lose, you are way out of line. How many flags were thrown on Farragut scoring plays? None. How many times did Farragut get away with holding? Several. I saw a couple of questionable calls on each team, but both were judgement calls. Considering how big this game was, the overall small number of penalties suggests that, if anything, the officials let both teams play and were not being nit-picky about every little infraction. Farragut had a great first half. Maryville's opening and closing drives of the first half were about all that Maryville did well in the first half. The second half was all Maryville. They tackled better, blocked better, and executed better than Farragut for the most part. The officials had nothing to do with those fundamentals. To even suggest that Maryville won because of the referees is absolutely absurd.

Farragut wins by 2 or 3 touchdowns. Those kids over at Maryville are in big trouble this week. They will be out coached by Farragut and definitely put classed. Quarels is a terrible coach and has run that program down the toilet. Farragut has a such better history and past than Maryvile, especially in recent years. Maryville has been the laughing stock of East Tennessee football the in the past. So I think this one will not be anywhere close to a ball game.

Farragut-45

Maryville-10

Just wanted you to know that this post ended up on some of the Maryville player's refrigerators. Don't underestimate your part in the Maryville win. :D

WOW what a game last night. This is what it is all about in high school football and this is why I still come around and watch it. I was at field level last night watching this game and there was a few missed calls last night on both side of the ball. Farragut LB's was holding receiving past the 5 yard rule and not getting called on them and YES it was a block in he back just rewatch the game today on farragutfootball.com.. but you have to realize that this is a kid trying to help out his team and was just trying to do what he thought was right. (best why I can put it) I am a Farragut guy and have been for a long time. The one play that to me was big was when the Maryille QB throw the ball all away cross the field and complete with two Farragut defense guys there and missed the int plus the tackle. You have to give Maryville credit with being down 24-7 and not giving up and having there band on Farragut side of the stadium. We teach or kids to be good sportmanship I think we he to teach or fans to be more than them. To be honest with you it was amazing to watch GQ mind work on that sideline last night and even being down 24-7 along with his coaching staff and then taking the ball right down with taking about 46 seconds off the clock before halftime and scoring to make it 24-14 was the difference. Good game last night to both teams and Maryville good luck down the road and hope we see you guys again.

Very classy post fsunoles , I realize there's lots of classy Farragut fans like you , It's always a shame when that 5 % choose to make everybody else look bad . I look forward to the new rivalry with Farragut over the next several years , this was one heck of a start to it .