dyersburg @ milan

bulldoggfan

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DISCIPLINE was one of the big things considered when Dyersburg made the hire...SUPPOSEDLY..Look at Stowe's record...He is like Adam Renshaw..A GOOD MAN..but let's the parents and kids run the show...INMATES ARE RUNNING THE ASYLUM...Parents and Players complaining about Tony Butler and what was the problem last year?..He was the DC..COUNCE WAS RUNNING THE SHOW...Should have hired Kevin Ward...Stowe won't last long under this....YOU HAVE TO HAVE TALK SOFTLY AND CARRY A BIG STICK to deal with this Dyersburg bunch..."Hey Coach Counce"...."TIRED OF GOOSE HUNTING"?...Sounds like we could use a "GOOD COACH"..

Hey stevierayvol, are you defending Butler? Do you know some of the things the players are saying about Butler? If half of what I've heard is true, I'll say "Good Riddance" to him. You don't treat kids the way he has and come out guiltless. There's a difference between instilling discipline and just plain being a jerk.

You've said multiple times that the inmates are running the asylum. Yes, sometimes parents get too involved, but ya know what? If it happens over and over again and the complaints are always about one guy then something must be up. Where there's smoke, there's fire, bro.

And, by the way, I know of at least one time that a parent confronted Coach Counce and Coach Counce gave in. Of course, it was because Coach Butler lied to him about the player in question.

...Should have hired Kevin Ward...Stowe won't last long under this....YOU

........and when you couldn't sign Ward you should have signed Wade Comer but you didn't so you will continue to struggle. StevieRayVol is correct, Stowe wasn't that impressive at Haywood and his strengths don't matter when he can't get everyone on the same page.

If you would have asked me a month ago, I would have said this would be the best game in West Tenn this year. Not anymore. The wheels are coming off in Dburg and looking at the schedule they may not win another game. I am not a parent just a die hard fan and former player from way back who played when we sucked and football was run by politics. It is simple. Dyersburg fans and parents are spoiled to winning and when your new coach runs strech right , strech left and fullback dive every play, you had better execute and block. This is not happening and adjustments are not being made. THIS FALLS ON THE COACH. The real Dyersburg Trojans have showed up for 3 games and a lack luster unprepared bunch has been there the other 4. Once again this falls on the Coach. You can't go from having a controlled old school mad man who puts the fear of God in his players to this type of coach and expect things to be the same.

By the way, does anyone know why the Dyersburg-Ripley game won't count in the region standings?

Its part of the reason I think this new system is crazy. Its got something to do with Dyersburg and Ripley being in the same district but not the same region.

With the 9 team region the TSSAA gave the coaches and Admin the choice to play 8 region games which means only 2 nonregion games or to break into 3 pods. The coaches including Coach Counce picked to play in pods (Dyersburg, Crockett, Obion; Gibson, Milan, Westview; Ripley, Covington, Milan). U play two teams from every pod with the choice of playing other teams nonregion. Dyersburg did not draw Gibson and Ripley. With Wheeler leaving Ripley he chose to play Dyersburg instead of DC. I am sure that Counce was very happy to play Ripley.

With the 9 team region the TSSAA gave the coaches and Admin the choice to play 8 region games which means only 2 nonregion games or to break into 3 pods. The coaches including Coach Counce picked to play in pods (Dyersburg, Crockett, Obion; Gibson, Milan, Westview; Ripley, Covington, Milan). U play two teams from every pod with the choice of playing other teams nonregion. Dyersburg did not draw Gibson and Ripley. With Wheeler leaving Ripley he chose to play Dyersburg instead of DC. I am sure that Counce was very happy to play Ripley.

You are wrong. The vote was 5 to 4 in favor of pods. I believe Gibson , Obion , Westview , Milan and Crockett voted for pods. Dyersburg voted to play eveyone in the region. I was told that the vote was expected to go the other way and Crockett voted for pods. Also you confused me with the Ripley statement. Dyersburg played Dyer County in game 1.

Hey stevierayvol, are you defending Butler? Do you know some of the things the players are saying about Butler? If half of what I've heard is true, I'll say "Good Riddance" to him. You don't treat kids the way he has and come out guiltless. There's a difference between instilling discipline and just plain being a jerk.

You've said multiple times that the inmates are running the asylum. Yes, sometimes parents get too involved, but ya know what? If it happens over and over again and the complaints are always about one guy then something must be up. Where there's smoke, there's fire, bro.

And, by the way, I know of at least one time that a parent confronted Coach Counce and Coach Counce gave in. Of course, it was because Coach Butler lied to him about the player in question.

All I know is when Bowling came to Dyersburg the kids and the parents acted like idiots..Stowe is in town and "SAME SONG, DIFFERENT VERSE"..and what gets me is "HOW MANY OF THESE PARENTS WHO ARE CONFRONTING THE COACHES ACTUALLY PLAYED ANY TYPE OF SPORTS IN HIGH SCHOOL"?..

I don't Coach Counce will ever return..but they need somebody "WHO WILL RUN THE PROGRAM WITH NO INTERFERENCE FROM THE PARENTS AND TAKES NO LIP OFF THE PLAYERS".. LOL..Tim Thompson isn't doing anything these days..since he got booted from the Ridgeway job for having ILLEGAL players in spring practice...Get him up here..He'll put some DISCIPLINE in the program. and we would be entertaining to watch..He won state titles at Melrose and had Fayette-Ware in the playoffs...Only thing they might call us the Dyer County of Football...Because he would have kids from Ripley to South Fulton playing for us... :thumb: ( THIS IS A JOKE ABOUT THOMPSON FOR THOSE WHO DON'T GET IT"..

[

...Should have hired Kevin Ward...Stowe won't last long under this....YOU HAVE TO HAVE TALK SOFTLY AND CARRY A BIG STICK to deal with this Dyersburg bunch[/quote

Camden made their best move in athletics when hiring Coach Kevin Ward. As a former player under him, I can tell you every player respected him many hated him but he was RESPECTED. I won't lie, Coach Ward was intimidating, but my fear eventually turned into a very high and much respect for him. If Dyersburg is having problem with parents/players etc. etc. hiring someone who puts up with absolutely zero bull crap from players/parents/ and any other type of distraction is the guy you need.

Coach Ward is the kind of man who can run any team in the country. My question is last year, and years past Dyersburg has been a POWERHOUSE now everything ifalling apart? What happened, is it simply coaching problems or what?

After hearing all this i say that Milan wins handily.