dyersburg @ milan

bulldoggfan

Congrats Milan, you have a fine football team. Dyersburg played better than expected, but the Bulldogs were simply better on both sides of the ball. Should go deep in the playoffs but being undefeated only makes the bullseye larger. Could be wrong but I believe reports of the Trojans being out of the playoffs are a bit premature. A win over Haywood County in the season finale should get Dyersburg in as a wildcard, but at this point who knows. Hopefully Dyersburg will continue to work hard and play out the last two regular season games in fine fashion. The offense has sputtered along as of late but hopefully things will get better. Maybe, maybe not. In any case a good football game tonight and yes, it was closer than the 35-7 score, at least through these eyes. Stay the course Trojans and best of luck in the playoffs Bulldogs. Go Trojanz!!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(Wallace Milam)

If Dyersburg is not able to solve its football "crisis," it certainly won't be due to lack of help--in the form of suggestions and "analysis." People from as far away as Georgia have offered their "expertise" on a situation which they clear know nothing about--people whose knowledge of the situation is based on what they read on Coach T, which is the equivalent of basing knowledge of marital relationships on watching the Jerry Springer Show.

*sigh* Since obviously part of your post is aimed at me, I should probably defend myself. I live in Georgia, but what makes you think that I know nothing of Dyersburg? Just because I don't live there now, it means that I've never lived there? Just because I can't see (or even listen to radio broadcasts of) the game, it means I am dumb to what is happening? I do not know every exact thing that has gone on, nor do I want to know about them. I do know, though, that I have a relative on the team. So, sir, my opinions are not based on coacht. My opinions are indeed based on what I heard from him the very day after the Obion game.

Kenny, why do you think I would not remember you, now that I have been retired for 6 years? I do remember you, that absurd Twilla Chess Team, and the gatherings at lunch in her office. I would like to talk with you privatetly about the DHS football situation. My E-mail address is wmilam@cableone.net. (There, I've committed the unpardonable lapse.) Write to me and I will write back and we will try to straighten out what your relative says and what I know. Dyersburg fans are scared right now, but they are determined to hold on to their team. There was a huge and enthusiastic crowd at Milan tonight--probably more than Milan had on its own Senior Night. So many of the Dyersburg fans remember the "bad old days" B. C. (Before Counce) and they don't want to slip back. Buit we are actually on the brink of just that. Three weeks go, we were 4-1, tied with Crockett County 14-14, and had the ball 4th and 2 on the Crockett 2 yard line. We didn't make it; they broke loose for a winning TD a few minutes later, and we haven't won since. There are lots of factors in the story, so send me a test E-mail and we'll go from there.

You people need to ask yourselves what you really know about the situation here over this past week. I live here (and have for 40 years), go to practice once or twice a week, meet with the coaches at least twice a week, and I don't know what has happened--unlike you, who know both problem and solutions.

Please show one post where I offered any kind of solution. All I have said is that what I have heard about Coach Butler I haven't liked. You can call him a problem if you want, but I won't. I'm just saying I don't like what I've been told about the man.

And about watching practice and talking to the coaches -- what is that going to get you? They're not going to tell you anything that may make them look bad. They may do something that they may not have a problem with, but a lot of other people (including players) may dislike. They don't see a problem so they may assume that no one else does,either. Why would they tell that situation to you? In the interest of fairness, if you want to get a true read of a team, talk to coaches and players. If a marriage is in trouble, do counselors ask only one half of the partnership what the problem is? I dare say not.

Grown men hide behind "usernames" and write about coaches (and sometimes teenagers) using THEIR real names. Bart Stowe and Tony Butler are attacked and criticized by people who don't use their own names. You know, newspapers which print anonymous letters are regarded as trashy. If I couild change one thing about Coach T, it would be to require all who post messages to use their own names. Several times in the past I have posted mine and I will now follow the practice of enclosing my real name at the beginning of every post. Why don't you consider doing the same.

You want full disclosure? Fine. My name is Kenneth Johnson, Jr. I spent the first twenty years of my life in Dyersburg. My family still lives there. My in-laws still live there. I graduated DHS in 1997 with an honors diploma. I was on the chess team that won the state chess title in '97. I ran track 3 years and Cross country 4 years. I was in the band for four years. I have friends who teach in both the Dyersburg and Dyer County school systems. You taught my American History class. Though it was years and years ago, I've even been in your apartment a couple of times. I seriously doubt that you remember me, though. I tend to blend in pretty well. So before you, sir, get on your soapbox and start offering your "expertise" on what people do or do not know, you may want to take a step back, take a deep breath, and not assume that people who live 400 miles away aren't still connected with the town in some way.

a larger issue, have many of you ever asked yourselves if Coach T is a good thing or not? Is the good it does (scores, ratings, schedules, team info) enough to make up for the personal attacks, the utter ignorance of any knowledge of football shamelessly displayed, and the other negatives? On thing it has taught me for certain: There are more parts of horses in this world than there are whole horses.

Isn't this the same question we have to ask ourselves with most technologies? There is good and bad with everything. Everyone has to make their own decisions about this site. If you don't like it, stay away. I stayed away from the message boards for a long time because of stuff like this. I thought I could come back, act civil, and be calm. But I saw someone who's only contribution is typing "the inmates are running the asylum" post after post after post with no examples and I lost it for a bit. I merely called this guy out and gave him a reason why some parents might be complaining. I thought maybe it might get him thinking a little bit and start some sort of serious discussion, but all it did, apparently, is start a flame war.

I choose "karmazone" for my message board ID's partially because I like to treat people the way they treat others. I'm getting into too many arguments on the couple of message boards that I frequent because of all of the jackalopes...

I guess I'm probably going to have to leave again.

Mr. Milam, no offense..But when you have these many parents complaining about a coach?...What is the deal?...Kids giving coaches Ultimatums...Kids quitting ..Getting back on the team...Parents meeting with Coaches...Don't know Tony Butler from Adam..but he was DC last year and we never had this problem did we?...I live here and talk to LOTS of parents and people involved in the program....That is just what I hear..Players cussing a coach...Wanting to fight with a coach...So what is the problem..Like I said..It all goes back to Stowe..he can either get a grip on the coaches or players..It all falls back on him.. Somebody has to be in charge..

Either Dyersburg coach doesn't have control of his team or he teaches them to play dirty like JCS coach does or both. Dyersburg will never beat Milan with Stowe as coach just like JCS will never beat Milan with Stewart as coach. It was one player on the O line in particular who played like a complete thug.

I won't call out his jersey number on here (I probably should) but I can guarantee you he would be not be a member of Milan's team today if he were on our team. Anyone who doesn't know what I am talking about needs to ask to watch the tape.

I guess the refs were all watching the ball (as usual) instead of their assigned duties.

Mr. Milam, no offense..But when you have these many parents complaining about a coach?...What is the deal?...Kids giving coaches Ultimatums...Kids quitting ..Getting back on the team...Parents meeting with Coaches...Don't know Tony Butler from Adam..but he was DC last year and we never had this problem did we?...I live here and talk to LOTS of parents and people involved in the program....That is just what I hear..Players cussing a coach...Wanting to fight with a coach...So what is the problem..Like I said..It all goes back to Stowe..he can either get a grip on the coaches or players..It all falls back on him.. Somebody has to be in charge..

Let the parents and players coach the team then and see what you get...get real.....

What's up with Christian Coleman? Hope the kid is OK. He has a great future ahead of him. Sounds like on obviouse CHEAP shot. If not I apologize for my reaction. I hope the Dyersburg coaching staff handles the situation appropriately but it sounds like they got bigger fish to fry. I am sure some will probably say it is "just" football. Maybe your right, but I would like to see the CHEAP shot. If nothing else I hope the CHEAP shot kid is still on the team next year (if there is a Dyersburg team next year). What goes around comes around. Would like to see Christian take care of it.

What's up with Christian Coleman? Hope the kid is OK. He has a great future ahead of him. Sounds like on obviouse CHEAP shot. If not I apologize for my reaction. I hope the Dyersburg coaching staff handles the situation appropriately but it sounds like they got bigger fish to fry. I am sure some will probably say it is "just" football. Maybe your right, but I would like to see the CHEAP shot. If nothing else I hope the CHEAP shot kid is still on the team next year (if there is a Dyersburg team next year). What goes around comes around. Would like to see Christian take care of it.

Broken ankle and lucky that's all it is and yes it was a designed play to take him out. Who designed the play is what I would like to know?