Dobyns-Bennett vs David Crockett

BatmanDB

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Sumo was one of the hardest runners I've seen this year, although he really didn't start running hard until the 3rd quarter. We should see him running on Saturdays in the future. Sensabaugh had a very good night, would have been better if penalties behind the play were not called - go figure! The Indians need to eliminate the stupid mistakes they've been making all year which has made them a mediocre team. I know Clark is not happy with this. Come on Indians, let's get it together and put it on the 'Toppers this Friday! ROLL TRIBE!

Sensabaugh would of had 84 yrds. rushing in the first quarter alone had it not been for penilites. And probably cost us at least one touchdown if not two.

That win was historic in Dobyns-Bennett Football, October 16,2009.

This was the 1st Home win of the season for the Indians. We had lost 4 straight home games, 3 this season and the Playoff Game to McMinn County last year. It had been exactly 1 year (365 days) since Dobyn-Bennett had won a home game... October 17,2008 was the last Home Win, against Karns.

That matches to the day the longest Home Winnless Streak in Kingsport Football History. Go back to 1970. DB won the 1st home game of the season that year against Sevier County, on Sept. 4,1970. The Indians lost the final 4 Home Games that year. The next season the Indians opened the season again at home against Sevier County again, and snapped the loosing streak on Sept. 3,1971 (365 days).

That matches the longest Home loosing streak ever, 4 games... and the longest time gap between home wins 365 days.

I am glad that is over!!!

Roll Tribe Roll

I thought Sumo was one of the hardest runners I've seen this year, although he really didn't start running hard until the 3rd quarter. We should see him running on Saturdays in the future. Sensabaugh had a very good night, would have been better if penalties behind the play were not called - go figure! The Indians need to eliminate the stupid mistakes they've been making all year which has made them a mediocre team. I know Clark is not happy with this. Come on Indians, let's get it together and put it on the 'Toppers this Friday! ROLL TRIBE!

In my opinion,theres a 265 pound reason Sumo didn't get going until the third quarter,and he wasn't able to play in the second half { Patrick H}.Patrick may be the most important player on the team,because of not only at center,but how he stops up the middle on defense when he is in there.It let's the ends and linebackers use their speed by making the center and guards have to go after him much more in double teams.Add that with a double on the end,and the linebackers will have a field day in their backfield.That's how this defense is made to work.Roll Tribe

Cap1, was that you I saw at the game wearing the yellow poncho????

No.... although it sounds like a much better game than the one I went to see. I went to see Boone and.... who was it they played last night???? :D VERY elementary and one sided. From the sound of it, Crocket is much improved since I had the opportunity to see them at the Castle. Sumo wasn't really even a factor in the game I saw... but then again neither was Sensabaugh. Good to see he made a (in Coach Clarks words) miraculous recovery from last weeks game. :D Im glad to see Crocket on the upswing because we all need to be able to represent come post season and it looks like they will be along for the ride. :D

In my opinion,theres a 265 pound reason Sumo didn't get going until the third quarter,and he wasn't able to play in the second half { Patrick H}.Patrick may be the most important player on the team,because of not only at center,but how he stops up the middle on defense when he is in there.It let's the ends and linebackers use their speed by making the center and guards have to go after him much more in double teams.Add that with a double on the end,and the linebackers will have a field day in their backfield.That's how this defense is made to work.Roll Tribe

Batman you are exactly correct! I had forgot that PH went out with what seemed to be an ankle injury. He needs to get well quick!

ok first off all we didnt have to double team nebody that i rember and 71 did a pretty good job at center although he was kinda cheap im not sure on defense i didnt see him in that much um over all we shot ou selves in the foot although i did think the refs were a little trigger happy with personal fouls but thats not the reason we lost um good job by DB i thought they were well coached and i thought that they were well mannard as far as starting stuff on the field i was expecting to be like the hill i think thats the hill does i gues that explains the 2-5 record gud luck DB great game last night i enjoyed it go up there next week and rock the hill.

ok first off all we didnt have to double team nebody that i rember and 71 did a pretty good job at center although he was kinda cheap im not sure on defense i didnt see him in that much um over all we shot ou selves in the foot although i did think the refs were a little trigger happy with personal fouls but thats not the reason we lost um good job by DB i thought they were well coached and i thought that they were well mannard as far as starting stuff on the field i was expecting to be like the hill i think thats the hill does i gues that explains the 2-5 record gud luck DB great game last night i enjoyed it go up there next week and rock the hill.

So your saying you didn't double anyone during the game?

well yeah im pretty sure that we didnt at least i no for sure the right side didnt have to and y in the world would the center and the guard double all the way out there the ends last night was playin on the outside eye of the takles that would b a double team between ur tight end and the takle but sumtimes they would play head up on me then all i had to do was wash him down me my self i wasnt to impressd with dbs d line i think the linebackers filled pretty gud though they jus flew to the ball i mean if we could have elimanated the penilties and hit a couple of passes then we would have won sensabaugh is a great bac but i really wasnt as impressd as i thought i was going to b but gud luck i hope uall kill the hill.

well yeah im pretty sure that we didnt at least i no for sure the right side didnt have to and y in the world would the center and the guard double all the way out there the ends last night was playin on the outside eye of the takles that would b a double team between ur tight end and the takle but sumtimes they would play head up on me then all i had to do was wash him down me my self i wasnt to impressd with dbs d line i think the linebackers filled pretty gud though they jus flew to the ball i mean if we could have elimanated the penilties and hit a couple of passes then we would have won sensabaugh is a great bac but i really wasnt as impressd as i thought i was going to b but gud luck i hope uall kill the hill.

So did your tackle and tight end double team and did the center and guard double down on the nose ? Once again,with the big guy in the center for DB,there was no ground game for DC,that's my take on it.Anyone know what the first half stats were as compared to with the big guy being out in the second ?