Dobyns-Bennett vs David Crockett

BatmanDB

Who is next in line at RB for the Tribe? Will Seabolt play anymore QB and is there a chance we might see some freshmen play Friday?

That would probably be Slaughter at RB. (a soph.). I think he's pretty good. I would like to see Swafford brought up from the fresman team to add a little spice, but they won't let me make any decisions anymore. I think their mad at me over something. :thumb: We might get to see some of the frosh against Volunteer though.

I like Slaughter as a RB. He has good size and speed, should be a good one. Swafford and Foreman would be good receivers IMHO to free up Seabolt to be next year's QB. That would be some good playmakers on the field at the same time on offense. CS being led out of the I with Slaughter lead blocking and Swafford, Foreman, and Steele in a receiver rotation. Finish strong. Next year looks bright for the Indians.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they win either it will be because they deserved to win, not because they were lucky.

This is true. If Crockett wins they deserved it on that particular Friday Night. If Sumo can last 4 quarters they will have a chance, if CS can play near 90% he will have a field day. I am gonna go out on the proverbial limb and take Crockett 28-27 ( missed PAT ).

As for South and Science Hill.... Science Hill will pass effectively and score but I don't think they will stop the South offense enough....South 35 SH 24.

The rest.....

Boone 35 Volunteer 14

TN High 52 Central 6

Hope it don't rain. Which game am I going to go to????? :thumb: Probably South / Science Hill.

DCfan,I bet your coaches are saying everything to get them fired up.I don't know what our coaches are saying,but if I was one of them,it probably couldn't be repeated on this board.Our players and coaches need to show the home fans that they are not going to quit,just like the second half last week.DB needs to come out and beat DC and leave no questions after the game.

If they win either it will be because they deserved to win, not because they were lucky.

This is true. If Crockett wins they deserved it on that particular Friday Night. If Sumo can last 4 quarters they will have a chance, if CS can play near 90% he will have a field day. I am gonna go out on the proverbial limb and take Crockett 28-27 ( missed PAT ).

As for South and Science Hill.... Science Hill will pass effectively and score but I don't think they will stop the South offense enough....South 35 SH 24.

The rest.....

Boone 35 Volunteer 14

TN High 52 Central 6

Hope it don't rain. Which game am I going to go to????? :thumb: Probably South / Science Hill.

Your right. I probably should have said DC will need more than a few things to go their way.

If you have watched Crockett football for as long as I have, you would probably understand the reason why I used lucky.

It is not unreasonable to think Crockett doesn't have a shot in this game. I could be wrong but I think this game will feature the winningest team in East Tn verses the losingest team in East Tn. I assume DB has the most wins in East Tn right now. I know Crockett has had only one winning season in the past 20 years and I think they have only had two in their whole history. Before Coach Green showed up Crockett was 1-29 in their prior 3 seasons with that one win coming on a miracle play against Volunteer. This is probably one of the best teams in DC history.

All of that aside....what does D-B look like on D? Do they have any studs? Crockett has a decent safety in Lewis. He seems to be everywhere. They have a huge DT and a fast DE in #45.

I think North Greene probably holds the title for losingest team in east TN.DB is the winningest team on this side of the Mississippi river,they just need to add a few more right now.

I forgot about North Greene, but they did have a couple of playoff years earlier this decade.

I find it interesting that this is the first time these schools have met in football.

If I would have said at the beginning of this season that South (the hands down favorite to win the conference this year) and DB (the only team even mentioned as competition for the title) would be in 3rd and 6th place in the Big 8 Conference according to the TSSAA with only three games to play…CoachT might have revoked my posting privileges by reason of insanity. Well… SURPRISE!!!! Boone is a SOLID second place by taking South to OT, and by breaking into the history books by defeating the Big Dog of the N.E. DB in their first ever battle. Crocket is in 4th place ahead of BOTH 6A foes, and is on the verge of it’s first winning season (from what I’ve been told) EVER. And THS is rated the number 1 5A team by the Associated Press for the first time since 1972. What a way to put a new conference in the History books!!!! :thumb:

Evidently (and I’m giving the benefit of the doubt) Crocket is MUCH improved since their visit to the Castle. With that being said… the key to defeating the Indians is in stopping CS. Stopping CS will level the playing field for Crocket… and I would put as many in the box to do it as necessary . He runs tall and strong and if you try to meat him head on or try to tackle him any other way but by putting the ankles together… one of two things are gonna happen. You will either be carried for 5+ yards, or you will find yourself looking out the ear hole of your helmet. Of course making a plan and talking about stopping CS and doing it in the real world are two different things. I say stopping CS is key because the DB coaching staff has (IMO) yet to truly explore the other options on that team…and I’m not talking about Steele. I’m talking about the ones that showed up in the second half of the THS game that none of us knew about. I don’t even know their names… but they were much more effective against us than CS was… kinda like last year and Sylvester. You are not going to be able to force feed a big dose of CS (regardless of how good he is) to these bigger better defenses… not gonna happen!! That rang true in several of the DB defeats including Boone and THS. One more thing… and I know some will try to chastise me for this. PLEASE stop trying to play the “FLU” card like you did with us!!!!! We all have kids that are sick and under the weather during this time. We had several also last week and the week before that, and the week before that…. Heck, before the Greenville game Keenan had to change jerseys right before the game because he got sick during warm-ups. It’s that time of year… pull yourselves together and stop acting like a bunch of little “female dogs”. :wacko:

If I would have said at the beginning of this season that South (the hands down favorite to win the conference this year) and DB (the only team even mentioned as competition for the title) would be in 3rd and 6th place in the Big 8 Conference according to the TSSAA with only three games to play…CoachT might have revoked my posting privileges by reason of insanity. Well… SURPRISE!!!! Boone is a SOLID second place by taking South to OT, and by breaking into the history books by defeating the Big Dog of the N.E. DB in their first ever battle. Crocket is in 4th place ahead of BOTH 6A foes, and is on the verge of it’s first winning season (from what I’ve been told) EVER. And THS is rated the number 1 5A team by the Associated Press for the first time since 1972. What a way to put a new conference in the History books!!!! :thumb:

Evidently (and I’m giving the benefit of the doubt) Crocket is MUCH improved since their visit to the Castle. With that being said… the key to defeating the Indians is in stopping CS. Stopping CS will level the playing field for Crocket… and I would put as many in the box to do it as necessary . He runs tall and strong and if you try to meat him head on or try to tackle him any other way but by putting the ankles together… one of two things are gonna happen. You will either be carried for 5+ yards, or you will find yourself looking out the ear hole of your helmet. Of course making a plan and talking about stopping CS and doing it in the real world are two different things. I say stopping CS is key because the DB coaching staff has (IMO) yet to truly explore the other options on that team…and I’m not talking about Steele. I’m talking about the ones that showed up in the second half of the THS game that none of us knew about. I don’t even know their names… but they were much more effective against us than CS was… kinda like last year and Sylvester. You are not going to be able to force feed a big dose of CS (regardless of how good he is) to these bigger better defenses… not gonna happen!! That rang true in several of the DB defeats including Boone and THS. One more thing… and I know some will try to chastise me for this. PLEASE stop trying to play the “FLU” card like you did with us!!!!! We all have kids that are sick and under the weather during this time. We had several also last week and the week before that, and the week before that…. Heck, before the Greenville game Keenan had to change jerseys right before the game because he got sick during warm-ups. It’s that time of year… pull yourselves together and stop acting like a bunch of little “female dogs”. :wacko:

Cap,did you guys stop CS or did an injury sideline him. Not running down your victory,but I thought I read that he had a pulled groin and that his stat line was 5carries for 4 yds. before pulling himself. Please correct me if I was misinformed.

Crockett is much improved since the Tn High game. The line did not play too well the first two weeks of the season. Sumo has been a terror since the Tn High game. Sumo is much like CS. Sumo runs big as well and is a tough kid. He played hurt last week and willed Crockett to victory. Crockett sees him everyday in practice so that is a plus coming into this week. I hope both Sensabaugh and Sumo are healthy this week. My biggest concern is that Crockett has seen the spread the past 4 weeks.

Crockett has at least one winning season. That year we made a trip up to the Castle and took a beating in the playoffs.

You seem heck bent on starting a argument so you can rube in your victory over DB. Im pretty sure we have all given Tennessee High their props for winning the game. Don't be so classless and arogent. As you know, your only in this position every 10 years or so.

Cap,did you guys stop CS or did an injury sideline him. Not running down your victory,but I thought I read that he had a pulled groin and that his stat line was 5carries for 4 yds. before pulling himself. Please correct me if I was misinformed.

They stopped CS with an injury that sidelined him.