Dobyns-Bennett vs David Crockett

BatmanDB

I'm a little leery of that whole situation. However, he probably will be a fine player. Where and for how long is the question. Maybe someone can expand on an appropriate thread.

Sounds like you are implying he is considering transferring to DB. I understand Volman has the inside scoop on this one...unless you are even closer. Can you elaborate jhilts?

Don't intend to hijack this thread, I was just asking Jack about the freshman game that he mentioned earlier. As for the Weaver kid, I don't think jhilts was implying a transfer at all Comp. Correct me if I'm wrong jhilts, but I'd guess he was referring to personality issues as well as his position. You see, JW is an "outsider". He didn't earn his stripes through the system of either middle school. The whole family is a bit different. The situation is a bit easier seeing as how he came in as a freshman rather than a soph-senior though. I think it will work itself out. Some toes are being stepped on I'm sure, but the kid is a player no doubt. Some have a hard time of relinquishing the title of "middle school stud". They will learn or else. I say give the kid a shot and if he's better, then so be it. I think he's being given a shot and is earning his stripes. He must be impressing others as well or Jack wouldn't have asked about him?? IMHO, he's the best of the freshmen crop. And we have a good freshman crop.

Wasn't aware of the issue. Sorry to break the stride.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope we can get a lot of our players back this week.We were without two of our defensive starters and a lot were playing less than 100%.I know everyone will not be ready,but I hope we have enough to play more like the South game.Roll Tribe

It really is a shame that everything happened the way it did last week. I was anxous to see DB continue with the momentum after the South game. Losing one two way starter because of a "premature ejection" by the ref., and then 10-11 players comming down with the flu. Not being ready to play in that first half was sort of understandable. The Indians did play DB football in that second half as they didn't quit and shut the Vikings down in the second half. Oh and there's that little thing that we were playing the top ranked 5A team in the state. Gotta get tough in these last 3 games and win out. That would give the team something to build on for next year. :thumb:

I hope we can get a lot of our players back this week.We were without two of our defensive starters and a lot were playing less than 100%.I know everyone will not be ready,but I hope we have enough to play more like the South game.Roll Tribe

It really is a shame that everything happened the way it did last week. I was anxous to see DB continue with the momentum after the South game. Losing one two way starter because of a "premature ejection" by the ref., and then 10-11 players comming down with the flu. Not being ready to play in that first half was sort of understandable. The Indians did play DB football in that second half as they didn't quit and shut the Vikings down in the second half. Oh and there's that little thing that we were playing the top ranked 5A team in the state. Gotta get tough in these last 3 games and win out. That would give the team something to build on for next year. :thumb:

Good post WaCo... I'm proud of you! :huh:

Who is next in line at RB for the Tribe? Will Seabolt play anymore QB and is there a chance we might see some freshmen play Friday?

That would probably be Slaughter at RB. (a soph.). I think he's pretty good. I would like to see Swafford brought up from the fresman team to add a little spice, but they won't let me make any decisions anymore. I think their mad at me over something. :roflol: We might get to see some of the frosh against Volunteer though.

Who is next in line at RB for the Tribe? Will Seabolt play anymore QB and is there a chance we might see some freshmen play Friday?

That would probably be Slaughter at RB. (a soph.). I think he's pretty good. I would like to see Swafford brought up from the fresman team to add a little spice, but they won't let me make any decisions anymore. I think their mad at me over something. :roflol: We might get to see some of the frosh against Volunteer though.

In most times I would never say this about a football practice,but if they couldn't use a gym or the indoor soccer field today,I would think about doing a little more on thursday and not going out today with half the team getting over the flu.I know some will say,why didn't we leave with the band last week when it started raining,but we do have that option today :thumb:PS.I must have added this on Waco's post,because I know that I don't have any say in the decisions either.

Batman, I feel South and DB are going to have issues this week. I hope for better but my gut is churning.

I would never say that beating DC means nothing,but getting everyone healthy for SH is order number 1.I think we will do just fine this week and I think South will beat SH by four touchdowns.SH will pull it all out next week for our game.

Crockett has a lot on the line this week. They are still playing for the playoffs and for a winning season. Two things that rarely happen at Crockett, especially in football. I'm sure they have been told all week that no one up in Kingsport.......East Tn is giving them a chance to win.

I'm still undecided. Crockett's o-line has put it together the past couple of weeks, but I know D-B has a very talented team. I am very unfamiliar with D-B's program other than they have a good tradition and a huge band.

When I looked at the standings....if Crockett can pull off the upset this week, then they would be playing for 3rd place in the conference next week against South regardless if South wins or takes a loss this week, but more importantly, DC would be playing for the 3rd automatic bid to the playoffs.

It is a long shot...I know. Being realistic, DC would be extremely lucky to pull a win in their upcoming two games.