Dobyns-Bennett vs David Crockett

BatmanDB

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could we see Swafford get some touches with the varsity Friday night?

I for one would like to see Swafford :thumb: Chris needs to get healthy and rested for later season games.

I must admit that I know very little about Crockett; so if anyone could expound on the subject, please do so for my benefit. I will be looking forward to seeing these teams to "knock heads" at the J Fred this Fiday! ROLL TRIBE!

Could we see Swafford get some touches with the varsity Friday night?

I for one would like to see Swafford :thumb: Chris needs to get healthy and rested for later season games.

I must admit that I know very little about Crockett; so if anyone could expound on the subject, please do so for my benefit. I will be looking forward to seeing these teams to "knock heads" at the J Fred this Fiday! ROLL TRIBE!

Choppe Sumo is a real good back,and by getting over two hundred yards rushing in any game,you know he has some blocking.They pushed SH until the end when they played them,so we can't just show up with our pretty maroon and grey on and expect them to roll over.

Thanks Batman for the overview! I agree too that a team can never just "show up" and expect to win, it takes work and ethic. I always told my boys that 3 things would bring about success:

(1) when you buckle the chin strap, the attitude changes

(2) give everything you got for a total team effort

(3) keep it between the lines

ROLL TRIBE!

I can't think of any scenario that doesn't end with the Indians winning BIG in this one. CS should sit out and get healthy. Someone said that this game is exactly what the doctor ordered and I agree. A large margin win will go miles for moral in the Indian camp. The Crocket back it big and fast in the open field. But getting him there against a tough D like DB will be a big challenge for Crocket. I see Clark taking out a little frustration this Friday. 42-14 DB

I think this one will be closer than what most people think. I'm not saying Crockett will win, but I would not be shocked if they did.

Crockett is two plays away from being 6-1.

Sumo was hurt last week and ran for 230 yards and 3tds. I hope he is fully healthy this week. I think he is around 1200 yards for the year with over 10tds. Crockett has ran for over 300 yards the past 5 games. They are very confident. Crockett also has a decent running Qb and a decent FB. The defense has done enough to keep Crockett in every game for the exception of the Tn High game. The pass D has been suspect at times this year. Crockett has had only two or three winning seasons since the school opened. The boys want it, but will it be enough to block the Indians.....

Heres the deal. Crockett had their let down game last week. They played terrible, but were able to pull it out. I hope and expect they will show up to play. If Crockett can win one of their last three games they are probably going to get a wild card and be in the playoffs.

The one problem for Crockett will be their depth. There are a few kids that play both ways. I think their Qb has played almost every play this season. He does it all, even special teams.