Dobyns-Bennett vs David Crockett

BatmanDB

I found it myself.Choppe had 36 yards rushing in the first half,and ended up with 126 for the game.

I think it was the backside pursuit that hurt Crockett in the first half. Choppie looked like he ran much harder in the second half to get to the outside when they did run. Crockett's money play with Sumo takes a while to develop and against faster teams if you don't cut off that backside it really hurts Crockett.....that has been a problem in the past. I don't disagree that the young man you are talking about probably caused havic, but DC ran more misdirection in the second half and more straight up the field than they usually do. He also probably ran the ball 5 or more times in the second half than he did in the first half. Good job holding him to only 126 and the team to something around 200 yards rushing.

Good luck this week. You guys should put it to the Hill if you can stop that Qb of theirs because you should have a field day running it.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found it myself.Choppe had 36 yards rushing in the first half,and ended up with 126 for the game.

I think it was the backside pursuit that hurt Crockett in the first half. Choppie looked like he ran much harder in the second half to get to the outside when they did run. Crockett's money play with Sumo takes a while to develop and against faster teams if you don't cut off that backside it really hurts Crockett.....that has been a problem in the past. I don't disagree that the young man you are talking about probably caused havic, but DC ran more misdirection in the second half and more straight up the field than they usually do. He also probably ran the ball 5 or more times in the second half than he did in the first half. Good job holding him to only 126 and the team to something around 200 yards rushing.

Good luck this week. You guys should put it to the Hill if you can stop that Qb of theirs because you should have a field day running it.

It's good to see Crockett playing football at the level they are now.You guys gave us a few things to look at for the next game.That game reminded me of our Boone game,the biggest difference was we shared the mistakes in this one.Good luck the rest of the way

Batman, is Sumo a power runner or does he need a block? Does he compare to Tallman? Does he have speed in space? No one has really broken down his style and I haven't seen him run.

Tallman is bigger,but Sumo is a power runner and will break some tackles.Sumo is a good athlete and South will have to show up with good sound technique.I bet pride will cause at least one or two scuffles in this hard fought game.Tell me if I'm wrong