Beech vs Gallatin

wideright00

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The talk on the radio Friday night has Beech as the favorite not only this week but next week against H-ville as well. Looks like Beech may have a special team. Gallatin will have to play smarter and harder than they have the past two games if they are to come out of here with a victory. Funny calls by officials are always occurring on Shackle Island. Just hope for a better crowd from the Gallatin fans than this last week vs. Portland. I could have sat on the home side last week.....nah. Gallatin will need the kind of fan support they had vs. SC to give the Green Wave some much needed boost. Beech fans will have a crowd for sure as they machine their way towards their big District game against Mt. Juliet in 3 games.

The talk on the radio Friday night has Beech as the favorite not only this week but next week against H-ville as well. Looks like Beech may have a special team. Gallatin will have to play smarter and harder than they have the past two games if they are to come out of here with a victory. Funny calls by officials are always occurring on Shackle Island. Just hope for a better crowd from the Gallatin fans than this last week vs. Portland. I could have sat on the home side last week.....nah. Gallatin will need the kind of fan support they had vs. SC to give the Green Wave some much needed boost. Beech fans will have a crowd for sure as they machine their way towards their big District game against Mt. Juliet in 3 games.

would you consider beech the favorite for either of those games? im not sure if i would because i dont feel as if they have played a good team yet(besides symrna), nonetheless they are 6-1 and i give them credit for that but they just havent played quality oppenents

IMHO is that they have put up big numbers over the weaker teams of the district...but at the same time maybe Gallatin has as well. Looks like the top 4 teams of the district are Mt. J, Beech, Gallatin and H-ville. Not in any particular order after Mt. J. After hearing the talk though on 104.5 they seem to think with Beech putting up those big numbers and Gallatin and H-ville each having 2 losses (Nevermind Gallatin's 2 losses are at the hands of 2 6-A teams with 1 loss combined and H-ville did beat Riverdale). Maybe the sports guys know a little more than I do. They have probably seen all 3 teams play. I would say that H-ville and Gallatin have played tougher opponents to date though for whatever that may be worth.

Beech is averaging 26 ppg and allowing 18 ppg. 185-126

Gallatin is averaging 30 ppg and allowing 11 ppg. 210-79

If you would have asked me after the first couple of weeks of the season, I would have told you that Beech wasn't very good. But I think they have gotten considerably better and if nothing else are playing with a lot of confidence. I think Gallatin is very solid and I believe that they have played a somewhat tougher schedule (though not considerably tougher). All in all, I think this is a huge game. The loser may end up in a tough situation come play-off time. Time will tell. Too close to call for me. I think it is a toss-up.

If you would have asked me after the first couple of weeks of the season, I would have told you that Beech wasn't very good. But I think they have gotten considerably better and if nothing else are playing with a lot of confidence. I think Gallatin is very solid and I believe that they have played a somewhat tougher schedule (though not considerably tougher). All in all, I think this is a huge game. The loser may end up in a tough situation come play-off time. Time will tell. Too close to call for me. I think it is a toss-up.

I completely agree with you and your assessment except for the schedule part. Once Beech plays Mt Juliet it will even out more. Beech has definitely gotten better as the season has progressed. They definitely play the role of spoiler in this district because nobody has seen them coming. I admit that I overlooked this game, but the closer it gets the more concerned I get. Everybody was looking toward Hendersonville at the end of the year but this game could be a playoff spot. Gallatin better stay focused this week. Beech always plays us tough and I am sure it will be standing room only at Shackle Island.

This is a great chance for the Green Wave to prove how good they are!!!

I completely agree. Gallatin isn't getting much love from the rest of the state. This could be a huge statement game for Gallatin.

I agree also...but I don't understand why the Beech fans are so cocky about this game. They seem really CONFIDENT that they will come away with the W...must be that Hendersonville swagger.

Gallatin 24

Beech 17