Beech vs Gallatin

wideright00

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goldust ....your prediction is Beech 24 Gallatin 3 ??? This is my thought...Two winless teams ...Portland 0-7 scored 18 pts....Wilson Central 0-8 scored 24 pts on Beech's defense and your saying Gallatin will only score 3 ...I believe Beech has a very good football team but not good enough to hold the Green and Gold to 3 pts...! Gallatin 24 Beech 14

This is the biggest game for Gallatin since the Mount Juliet game. I think the offense has been sputtering a little; part execution, part playcalling, but with the players we have at skill positions I think its about time we got clicking again. Beech is a very solid team. Watched them beat a good White House ball club. Zinchinni and I think #5 are playmakers. Their offense and special teams are their strength. ( Not saying the defense is bad.) As far as strength of schedule, Gallatin has got to have the edge already playing Mt Juliet and a Brentwood. Should be a great game with a big crowd.

And as far as Golddust's comment about the Gallatin's conditioning in the 4th quarter, that's nonsense. Gallatin is one of the best conditioned teams in the state. They will not get beat in the end because of fatigue.

Not because of fatigue, I just think gallitan's players will be outmached and will quit.

Golddust, I guess you're from another part of the state...or you're 1 of those cocky Bucs fan, but Gallatin doesn't quit. Everyone knows that, it's a part of their tradition to be a tough, hard-nosed team. To question their dedication is insane. I can't wait till Friday night so we can finally see who quits on the field.

Ya'll have to admit that the Bucs have improved the most of any team in the region. Our coach has done a great job of bringing this team along. At the beginning of the season; I would have been wary of predicting the type season that we have had.................We can beat the Wave and I believe that we will!!

Go Bucs

I agree that the Bucs have exceeded expectations this year....But the only way the Bucs win friday is if the Wave beat themselves...Big game for both sides!!!

I completely agree. Gallatin isn't getting much love from the rest of the state. This could be a huge statement game for Gallatin.

I agree also...but I don't understand why the Beech fans are so cocky about this game. They seem really CONFIDENT that they will come away with the W...must be that Hendersonville swagger.

Gallatin 24

Beech 17

gallatin will lie down in the 2nd half in this one. Beech is looking to make a statement with this game, and I don't think they'll have any trouble at all Friday night

Agree with Golddust. Gallatin will get behind in this game and will eventually fold. And as far as tradition "Crackalack", how has the tradition been here lately for Gallatin??? When's the last time Gallatin won State? 1992...looks like the tradition has went away to me. Beech wants it more and will emerge victorious.

Wow and I guess Beech's tradition and state championships is much better than Gallatin. Uh NOT!!! Maybe Gallatin hasn't won a state championship since 1992, but we've done it 3 times and are considered a tradition rich program by many in the state. Maybe if you escape from your caccoon and ask around you'll find out. Not trying to talk trash or anything, but seriously thats more than just a little disrespectful. And would someone please explain to me where the notion of Gallatin giving up and folding in the 4th quarter came from !?!?!? Honestly? Thats one of the silliest things I've heard.

Wow and I guess Beech's tradition and state championships is much better than Gallatin. Uh NOT!!! Maybe Gallatin hasn't won a state championship since 1992, but we've done it 3 times and are considered a tradition rich program by many in the state. Maybe if you escape from your caccoon and ask around you'll find out. Not trying to talk trash or anything, but seriously thats more than just a little disrespectful. And would someone please explain to me where the notion of Gallatin giving up and folding in the 4th quarter came from !?!?!? Honestly? Thats one of the silliest things I've heard.

The only tradation I'm aware of that gallatin has is folding late in games...

Looking back on it 15 years later, Gallatin's tradition left with Calvin Short. Hate to say that, but it's true. Tradition won't get you a win on Friday night.

Did any of you fans see the Gallatin-Beech scrimmage last year? Beech didn't peak until later in the year last year, but it wasn't even close (with Gallatin dominating play). And regardless of what Beech's record is, they are not the team they were a year ago with Allen, Huey, etc.

Beech has seemed to improve steadily this year, especially since they could have easily started the season 0-3 after close losses at Clarksville Northwest and Wilson Central. Beech also had to hold on for to beat White House by a point. For those of you who don't know, White House is not bad, but they're not near as good as they were a year ago. Beech has found a way to win. That's characteristic of a good football team. Beech's wins are not that impressive, until last week's domination of Lebanon. That appeared to be dominating.

Gallatin has played better competition. Gallatin has had more impressive wins. Gallatin is accustomed to competing in the state's highest classification, so playing in 5A while there are six classes now is almost a break. Gallatin has more size and speed.

Maybe Beech does want it more. We'll see if that evens the playing field.

Good luck to both teams. Gallatin wins 35-14, or maybe 28-7 given that the field condition is supposed to be very poor at Beech.