wayne county

blondie3

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While Wayne Co. is still good, i just don't think that they will be able to match up with Summertown this year. They may give them some close games, but Summertown is a little more talented then W.C. Besides these two teams, the only other decent team in the district will be Perry Co. who could, for once, actually contend with these two powerhouses and give them a run for the district championship.

Guest zondervan

Do you think CA will do better this year than in the past?

I know it will tough to contend with W.C., Perry, Summertown. They have a strong freshman class and a new coach. Just wondering what you think!!! :rolleyes::)

I don't think CA will give Wayne County, Summertown, or Perry County a run in the district championship. They may have a good coach, but they still don't have the players. I don't think their new coach could turn them around. As for Perry County, they will be strong, but they still will finish third. I think it will be Wayne County, Summertown, and Perry County for the top three. :rolleyes:

I have to agree with you Blondie6112. I'm not sure who really thinks that Summertown will contend with W.C. but I almost chuckled when I read the post. Wayne County will not be touched this year. Summertown still has some great players but they lost their leadership. Wayne County has the best guards in the district, and region also I would say, and the most talented post player in the area as well. Stacy can shut you down inside defensively and can light it up on any given night offensively. And the twins are a no win situation. If you shut one of them down, the other will pick up the slack. PLUS they have some sophs. and juniors that will get some major playing time and contribute GREATLY to the effort. I'm not sure how strong the rest of the state is but in my opinion this Wayne County team will be representing our region's in the state again. If everyone stays healthy then they will be tough.

T

• 3 weeks later...

I beg to differ. Though Summertown did lose some experienced players, they still have five players who are just as competitive and who have one more year under their belts. Led by two great seniors, Carrie Meek and Adria Matney, I think they will come up big this year. If they reach their full potential they should have no trouble beating the wild cats again this year. Yes, Wayne County did come up big when it counted last year, but who is to say that they will this year. ;)

Although Summertown is a talented team, I wouldn't say they will have no trouble with Wayne County. Wayne County was able to come through strong when it counted with the leadership of three juniors which are now seniors. Summertown has lost 3 very capable players while WC only lost 2 of which one I wouldn't call very capable. I guess we'll see when the season comes around.

don't get me wrong w'boro and s'town are 2 of the toughest teams in district 12a but dont count pc out either, they may have lost greer, but they have 5 returning seniors and a few strong underclassmen who will contribute also. now i'm not saying their state bound but their definetly in the runnin for district champs!

Hey Ladyeagle,

I've missed you. I didn't know if you even messed with this thing since you were a big college girl now. ;) Trust me, those girls will MISS YOUR LEADERSHIP!!! I agree, Adria is going to be a handful and so are some of the other girls but I just have to stick with my original gun here, I don't see W.C. getting much of a challenge from anyone else. P.C., you MIGHT have a shot at the District but it won't be at your place this year so that automatically hurts you. I'm putting W.C. and S'Town in the finals and it could very well end up that way for the region also. I don't know what Fanning has up her sleeve but you always have to watch our for her and the baby blues but other than that i don't see a lot of competition in that dist. either. Talk to you later Ladyeagle.

T

Hey Thelma!

Yeah I still get on here, have to keep up with my team! Basketball is still my life, just in a different aspect! Peryy County has five seniors this year? Maybe they will be stronger than I thought, although I still think S'town and WC are going to be the top two out of our district. I don't thikn Moore County will be as good as they were last year, they lost a couple key players and Fanning can't win by herself.