Clinton/Oak Ridge

thekidd0086

If this happens then all teams end the season with 6-1 district records. The first thing to look at is did one team defeat the other two. In this case no. So you have to go to overall records. In overall records Clinton would be 9-1; AC 8-2 and OR 7-3.

So Clinton is the #1 team in the district because of a better overall record.

After Clinton is removed from the discussion that would leave OR and AC tied at 6-1 (Once you break a tie you go back to the top of the tie-break system which is head to head) -- so OR would be #2 because of head-to-head. AC would be third.

There have been no changes in how teams finish in the final district standings. Same rules as the last 15+ years. However, final district standings are important in how you are placed in the quad.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this happens then all teams end the season with 6-1 district records. The first thing to look at is did one team defeat the other two. In this case no. So you have to go to overall records. In overall records Clinton would be 9-1; AC 8-2 and OR 7-3.

So Clinton is the #1 team in the district because of a better overall record.

After Clinton is removed from the discussion that would leave OR and AC tied at 6-1 (Once you break a tie you go back to the top of the tie-break system which is head to head) -- so OR would be #2 because of head-to-head. AC would be third.

There have been no changes in how teams finish in the final district standings. Same rules as the last 15+ years. However, final district standings are important in how you are placed in the quad.

I dont think so Clinton and AC schedule is alot softer than Oakridge. Oakridge played the Maryville and Farragutt so how can you go by overall record? I might be wrong but dont seem fare.

I was talking about how they were trying to save money by setting up these new districts

T$$AA does stand to make a lot more money by adding a classification, ergo, many more playoff games and another state championship game. And if memory serves, T$$AA gets a big cut from the gate for playoff and championship games.

Kat,

I think if there is a tie..Best record gets the district champ but im not sure how that affects the playoffs this year...I wish someone could explain this I know that Cintons in but I dont know where we would could end up going on who we could end up playing...As far as this game I dont thing either teams will have a promblem getting fired up. If was to have to make a prediction off stats..i would have to go with Clinton but you might as well throw those out in this game...

If Clinton finishes 10-0, i think Clinton could get a first round bye. Morristown East could be Clinton's first playoff game as of right now. But there are still 2 more games to be played and things could still change.

92, There aren't any first round byes, they would get the number one seed that would allow them to play a number 4 seed most likely at Clinton, but there are no first round byes, everybody will play the same number of games.

I was thinking that the tssaa had changed so many other things that they might have changed that too! :thumb: Your right though ORidgeKat, no byes.

When I do the numbers for these two teams it shows a even match-up. If this game was played at Clinton, I would pick them by 2 points, But, with this game being played at "The ship" I'll go:

Oak Ridge: 21

Clinton: 21 ....end of regulation play

in OT :popcorneater: ......

Oak Ridge: 28

Clinton: 21

This game could very well go into overtime, but i dont think it matters where the game is going to be played. I dont think there is such a thing as "home field advantage" in highschool football that much anymore.

Now i do remember back in the day when Oak Ridge would dress 100+ players and it seemed like they just kept coming down those steps forever! That used to intimidate alot of teams, but i dont think this Clinton team is going to be intimidated by Oak Ridge or their stadium. I expect a very good game and if Oak Ridge wins, it is because they are the better team! GO DRAGONS!!!!!!