Science Hill vs Dobyns-Bennett

I wonder if little Johnny learns anything while his teacher is posting on CoachT @ work? Tenure must be a wonderful thing, huh?

Indians win in what is almost always a battle in Johnson City. Will the Toppers have more fans than the Indians at home for the Finale of Roosevelt Memorial Stadium? I doubt it...

DOBYNS-BENNETT 20

SCIENCE HILL 7

Roll Tribe Roll

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would someone be so kind:

1. W/L record in series.

2. Longest streak by both, including DB's current streak.

3. GC's record vs. SHHS.

4. Whether and if, when has SHHS won a State Championship in football.

5. Also, mention has been made of memorable games in JC stadium, could someone elaborate.

Thanks, Wore the uniform of both.

I wonder if little Johnny learns anything while his teacher is posting on CoachT @ work? Tenure must be a wonderful thing, huh?

Indians win in what is almost always a battle in Johnson City. Will the Toppers have more fans than the Indians at home for the Finale of Roosevelt Memorial Stadium? I doubt it...

DOBYNS-BENNETT 20

SCIENCE HILL 7

Roll Tribe Roll

We will bring a bunch of fans.The weather doesn't look much better then last week,but our fans like to travel.I'll take that score on a muddy field.64,if we had a website like the schools in Greene county it would be simple.I could be wrong,but I think the last time DB lost to SH was GC's first year,and this has to be one of the longest streaks between the schools.I went to the JC press on line and found the story about the history of Memorial and some great games

Thanks, Art. Any more stats?

I saw the first time they played after the hiatus in '67 at JC and the incorportation of Langston. The JC Press's choice of the words, "...Refused to play" is interesting: perhaps that is more of the same acrimony that lead to the suspension of DB-JC temporarily. There was a lone Indian that would have taken a full-scholarship offer to Duke in Hickory, NC had not the prospect of a little retribution vs. Science Hill been proffered. In '64 JC was 4-4-2, and mention was made of 5th-ranked Oak Ridge game. In that game "John Thomas (Tommy Thomas)" was mentioned, my best friend for many years prior to '63 and a recipient of a "700-DB-Wins" t-shirt sent to him this week! I played OR when they were ranked, I think the paper mis-wrote of the '63 OR team. DB vs. OR, '63--0-26; '64--12-0. even more convincing vs. OR in '65. The '67 game was very embarassing like '66 DB vs. Alcoa (Albert Davis and David David) that ended 34-game DB win/tie streak. I'd still like to suit up: 3-0 on that field all in maroon and gold-- though this time in grey.

I just want to win this game and turn the tables next week.What happens after halftime ? Our Senior football players ,cheerleaders and so on will be honered before the game.The band will be honered at the half :D....... Just kidding ! I would never leave a football game before my kid is done playing in the band or on the field.Good luck to all the seniors at all the local schools and Roll Tribe

Yoga teachers only get tenure in Heaven, you fool. Looks like you need a little vinyasa lesson from your favorite SRI OM. I'm so glad that all the DB fans aren't as BIG of a JERK as you are, but I bet they are sure sad that they have to include your in their tribe. There's one in every family....two in mine actually. I'll give you 50 dollars if you could buck up enough to introduce yourself to me. I bet you that you're not 10 foot tall and bullet proof like you feel when your behind that little shiny box and goofy screen name. I do, however, predict that you that you look exactly like your avatar. I'll take my bet because I know my 50 if safe in my pocket. It's people like you that make me fall in love with WACO all over again....

Yoga teachers only get tenure in Heaven, you fool. Looks like you need a little vinyasa lesson from your favorite SRI OM. I'm so glad that all the DB fans aren't as BIG of a JERK as you are, but I bet they are sure sad that they have to include your in their tribe. There's one in every family....two in mine actually. I'll give you 50 dollars if you could buck up enough to introduce yourself to me. I bet you that you're not 10 foot tall and bullet proof like you feel when your behind that little shiny box and goofy screen name. I do, however, predict that you that you look exactly like your avatar. I'll take my bet because I know my 50 if safe in my pocket. It's people like you that make me fall in love with WACO all over again....

Ha........Sounds like ole' Art struck a nerve! :roflol:

I bet old Mom comes home every day with a head full of spit-balls :D

MR. Obama, I will have to agree with WACO.U missed the point.

UR right on about CS going over 200 yds. in the first half in the

McMinn CO. game but he could have played in the second half,he

wasn't hurt/injured that bad.He was working out on the sidelines.

GC decided he had the game in the bag,and didn't need CS :roflol:

So DB lost,because lack of play calling,period. The intentional

holding plays that DB called to HOLD EM OFF failed. Whats UR

Point? DB is having a off year,that happens. THS is the team around

here this year.Get over it. Give DB a can of corn for playing a

tough schedule as BatMan and Robin keeps telling us about. :D

Obama come watch the Vikings,come out of retirement. :D

I would hold my hype down as much as possible etathlete. South may end up being the "team around here this year". They have so much crow to eat at South that they may be saving some for the Tennessee High folks.

U R right WACO,South could be the team if they really wanted it bad.

But I have watched the Vikings mature into a Team.

No one player is saying ...Watch Me.They play as a team.As Cap has

stated ,they have the passing, or running game.Stop one,and the other

comes into play.That little old country school they liked to be called will

have to play up a notch to match the Vikings.If not,and THS loses I

will be one of the first to eat.....crow. oh gosh,did I say that. :D

Good luck to both teams and stay healthy. THS by 14 pts. Go away

rain for this Friday. The Castle will rock.

Good luck to DB.Lay it on The Hill. Gilligan's ship is sinking,on top of

a hill.Gilligan has found out this is not 1A football in East Tenn. :lol: