Polk @ South Pitt

SgtEagleFort

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In reply to; 1994Pirate, TheTruthPrevails, PiRaTe._.MiKe, spfan24, piratetom, SEVEN, jwcardin (who's still crying over the beating we gave the Chargers), and the Pirate pole-smoker powerp;

How does it feel to eat all that crow? I normally would try and comment on a few remarks some of you made but due to the number of the obnoxious and idiotic post I cannot cover them all. The truth is Polk came out and shoved it down your throat for 3 quarters and the score could have been 34-0 but the one TD was called back. I also noticed that the "SLOW POLKS" outran some of the Pirates on three of the touchdowns and the one that was called back was for about 40yds. from our QB (who by the 3rd quarter was suppose to be wishing he was still on the bus) not too bad for "Polk SLUGS"!

What I didn't notice was the Speedway or the sounds of those F16's you know the ones that fly bye and you never see...come to think of it I never saw any black and orange jersey's come racing by either. I guess they forgot they were going to win by 3-4 TD's or the "Pirate Rule" did you keyboard coach's forget to email them the game plan :roflol::oops:

PiRaTe._.MiKe quote-" Now as far as Polk's offense they appeared pretty good with some quickness at the QB. I noticed he never got hit though, mostly brushed off tacklers. I think his quickness will last for a quarter, but by the end of the second quarter he will begin to lose his mojo. In the 3rd quarter he will wish he never got off the bus. Every QB we have played has been slow to get up by the end of the 3rd quarter." #12 was never slow to get up... I can't say that for some of your guys especially after he slammed #90 and T-Rob on a couple of plays.

Now for the other South Pitt. fan's and players. I would like to say that you guys have a great team with a ton of athletes and T-Rob is one heck of a QB and I love the way he throws a football. The game was everything a fan could want both teams hitting hard and playing with heart and pride! Good luck down the road and bring home another state title! :roflol:

We just have confidence in our team just as most fans do. Polk County played well and I think we definitely underestimated them. Eating crow is when you get beat down....our boys came out in the second half and almost won the game.

Confidence and arrogance is not the same! Let's see you almost won but yet earlier you were going to "PIRATE rule" us and I think your prediction was at least a 3-4 TD win? :oops:

If we played like we did in the secong half we might have very well...holding yall to 39 yards was impressive after giving up so many in the first half...but Oh well it is time to move on and march toward another state champions...Games like these make you stronger...not break you down and hurt your season :roflol:

Alcoa is a powerhouse...no question. I do remember two years ago at Murfreesboro, several Alcoa fans watched our game and stated that they were glad we were in 1A because we would be a better opponent that what they would face. That was two years ago and this team plays a whole different offense. I believe SP could play with any one in the Chattanooga area...not beat them all....but play with them. I have not seen Alcoa play this year, but after dismantling Maryville early this year, I don't have any clue if we would even be able to stay on the field with them.

If you can accept the truth, I can give you the answer. Alcoa could spot South Pitt 27 points at halftime, then come back in the second half and beat them. Yes, they are that good.

We will never know, will we??? If and I mean IF the Pirates had played well the whole game, this one could have been a 3 or 4 td win. I would say if we had gotten Polk Co down by 3 or 4 tds, they would not have come back like our boys did.

In reply to; 1994Pirate, TheTruthPrevails, PiRaTe._.MiKe, spfan24, piratetom, SEVEN, jwcardin (who's still crying over the beating we gave the Chargers), and the Pirate pole-smoker powerp;

How does it feel to eat all that crow? I normally would try and comment on a few remarks some of you made but due to the number of the obnoxious and idiotic post I cannot cover them all. The truth is Polk came out and shoved it down your throat for 3 quarters and the score could have been 34-0 but the one TD was called back. I also noticed that the "SLOW POLKS" outran some of the Pirates on three of the touchdowns and the one that was called back was for about 40yds. from our QB (who by the 3rd quarter was suppose to be wishing he was still on the bus) not too bad for "Polk SLUGS"!

What I didn't notice was the Speedway or the sounds of those F16's you know the ones that fly bye and you never see...come to think of it I never saw any black and orange jersey's come racing by either. I guess they forgot they were going to win by 3-4 TD's or the "Pirate Rule" did you keyboard coach's forget to email them the game plan :roflol::roflol:

PiRaTe._.MiKe quote-" Now as far as Polk's offense they appeared pretty good with some quickness at the QB. I noticed he never got hit though, mostly brushed off tacklers. I think his quickness will last for a quarter, but by the end of the second quarter he will begin to lose his mojo. In the 3rd quarter he will wish he never got off the bus. Every QB we have played has been slow to get up by the end of the 3rd quarter." #12 was never slow to get up... I can't say that for some of your guys especially after he slammed #90 and T-Rob on a couple of plays.

Now for the other South Pitt. fan's and players. I would like to say that you guys have a great team with a ton of athletes and T-Rob is one heck of a QB and I love the way he throws a football. The game was everything a fan could want both teams hitting hard and playing with heart and pride! Good luck down the road and bring home another state title! :roflol:

We just have confidence in our team just as most fans do. Polk County played well and I think we definitely underestimated them. Eating crow is when you get beat down....our boys came out in the second half and almost won the game.

Confidence and arrogance is not the same! Let's see you almost won but yet earlier you were going to "PIRATE rule" us and I think your prediction was at least a 3-4 TD win? :oops:

Yep, I will stand by that prediction if we play at all in the first half. SP scored 4 tds in pretty much one quarter. Another quarter like that...yes we would have beaten Polk by 3 tds.

Polk played well in both halves, but SP played well also. For those of you that said SP just didn't play well in the first half don't forget POLk had a lot to do with that. Hit them very hard, OUT RAN them and had Sp was talking to themselves. The second half: remember POLK had 2 touchdowns called back in the second half which by count would be 46 or 48 (depending on pats). Yes SP make some good haltime adjustments but Polk would have scored 4 each half if not for the "flags". I overheard several SP fans after the game comment that they hadn't been hit that hard in a long time. If memory serves me turnovers were even, POlk had more penalities. So to sum this up NO EXCUSES , dry field included. SP should ban powerp from ever posting on this board again, as he supplies way to much bulliten board material. :roflol:

Good point about the touchdowns called back and the big plays that had a "late" flag coming out against Polk....especially when you consider that Polk has been one of the least penalized teams all season. It does make you wonder. :roflol:

You are a joke!! Anyone that can say those calls were not legit is either an idiot or a poor sport. If you are a Boyd fan, you don't have much to brag about anyway.

Polk would struggle with Signal Mtn, Marion Co, and Boyd so don't act like ya'll have played any powerhouse teams. The Pirate beatdown is coming...I just hope those wildcats can recover after the beating they will take Friday night....Pirates by at least 3 or 4 tds.

Confidence? It sounds more like diarrhea of the mouth. :roflol:

And I stand by that quote as well. If Polk beat us 42-0 I would not. Your "great" defense had a hard time stopping the Pirates in the 2nd half. I respect the Polk team, but a few of the posters here on the board, I do not.

Polk would struggle with Signal Mtn, Marion Co, and Boyd so don't act like ya'll have played any powerhouse teams. The Pirate beatdown is coming...I just hope those wildcats can recover after the beating they will take Friday night....Pirates by at least 3 or 4 tds.

Confidence? It sounds more like diarrhea of the mouth. :oops:

I heard that 1994 Pirate had eggs and crow for breakfast. :roflol:

I heard you go to Allen Golds for your weekend excitment. :roflol:

OK after reading all the post and sleeping on what i was going to say this morning... First and formost I never bashed polk I said i know they will bring it and they hit hard and they did... POLK you are a very very well coached team and the first half took our players and coach's to the ol tool shed.... I was humbled after watching your whole team neal when one of our players was hurt... I was impressed with your qb speed and #30 larry zonca type run.. smash mouth.. NOW for some of you Polk fan's it doesnt seem enough that you guys won, please practice what you preach when posting... sme of you keep on kicking ... well here is my thoughts to some of your fan's posting... Did you come into spitt land and dominate us NO!!! you did not.. you won congrats u earned it.. but here are some stat's for those of you that was not at the game and reading here makes you believe they destroyed us.. Polk scored 27 points in the first half 2 off spitt turnovers .. yes polk helped with that.. Spitt scores 28 in the 2nd half... Spitt had 21 first down's Polk 15... spitt had 376 yards total polk had 350.... So some of you guys act like you dominated us and you did not. the first half yes. the 2nd half no.. looks to me like to great teams went to war... I wanna give congrats to Terrel Robinson.. after seeing some polk fans say they would crush him... he ran for 60 yards. threw for 307, ran for 2 Td's threw for 2 more, intercepted a pass and recovered a fumble and had 8 Tackles....WOW... player of the year stat's one more person.. #54 Jonathan blevin's WOW. his name was called on almost every play... he never quit's i dont know how many tackles he had or assist. but i know it was awesome...congrats again to Polk you played a heck of a game..umm oh yea..... wich half would you play for Alcoa to beat you>?? if you play like you did in the first... I can see a Gold ball in your future.. but remember it takes 4 qtr's... AND AS FOR KING LEON I HAVING NOTHING FOR YOUR COMMENTS ON SAYING I HAVE RAN MY MOUTH.. I THINK POLK FANS WOULD SAY THAT I HAVE NOT. KL I THINK YOUR COMMENTS ON HERE SIT ON THE FENCE SO YOU CAN COME BACK ON HERE AND BE ABLE TO MAKE NASTY COMMENT EITHER WAY THE GAME GOES.. i ALSO BELIEVE YOU ARE A COWARD ON HERE AND IN REAL LIFE! YOU PROVE IT EVERYTIME U HIDE AND MAKE COMMENTS ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE!!! COWARD

Alcoa is a powerhouse...no question. I do remember two years ago at Murfreesboro, several Alcoa fans watched our game and stated that they were glad we were in 1A because we would be a better opponent that what they would face. That was two years ago and this team plays a whole different offense. I believe SP could play with any one in the Chattanooga area...not beat them all....but play with them. I have not seen Alcoa play this year, but after dismantling Maryville early this year, I don't have any clue if we would even be able to stay on the field with them.

If you can accept the truth, I can give you the answer. Alcoa could spot South Pitt 27 points at halftime, then come back in the second half and beat them. Yes, they are that good.

We will never know, will we??? If and I mean IF the Pirates had played well the whole game, this one could have been a 3 or 4 td win. I would say if we had gotten Polk Co down by 3 or 4 tds, they would not have come back like our boys did.

And I stand by that quote as well. If Polk beat us 42-0 I would not. Your "great" defense had a hard time stopping the Pirates in the 2nd half. I respect the Polk team, but a few of the posters here on the board, I do not.

Your great defense could not stop Polk until the 4th and what happened to that unbelievable offense the first half! Just say we got spanked and this will be over, quit saying if we had done this or that in the first half we would have won...well guess what you didn't. If you take away T-Rob you guys might not...no you would not have scored!

OK after reading all the post and sleeping on what i was going to say this morning... First and formost I never bashed polk I said i know they will bring it and they hit hard and they did... POLK you are a very very well coached team and the first half took our players and coach's to the ol tool shed.... I was humbled after watching your whole team neal when one of our players was hurt... I was impressed with your qb speed and #30 larry zonca type run.. smash mouth.. NOW for some of you Polk fan's it doesnt seem enough that you guys won, please practice what you preach when posting... sme of you keep on kicking ... well here is my thoughts to some of your fan's posting... Did you come into spitt land and dominate us NO!!! you did not.. you won congrats u earned it.. but here are some stat's for those of you that was not at the game and reading here makes you believe they destroyed us.. Polk scored 27 points in the first half 2 off spitt turnovers .. yes polk helped with that.. Spitt scores 28 in the 2nd half... Spitt had 21 first down's Polk 15... spitt had 376 yards total polk had 350.... So some of you guys act like you dominated us and you did not. the first half yes. the 2nd half no.. looks to me like to great teams went to war... I wanna give congrats to Terrel Robinson.. after seeing some polk fans say they would crush him... he ran for 60 yards. threw for 307, ran for 2 Td's threw for 2 more, intercepted a pass and recovered a fumble and had 8 Tackles....WOW... player of the year stat's one more person.. #54 Jonathan blevin's WOW. his name was called on almost every play... he never quit's i dont know how many tackles he had or assist. but i know it was awesome...congrats again to Polk you played a heck of a game..umm oh yea..... wich half would you play for Alcoa to beat you>?? if you play like you did in the first... I can see a Gold ball in your future.. but remember it takes 4 qtr's... AND AS FOR KING LEON I HAVING NOTHING FOR YOUR COMMENTS ON SAYING I HAVE RAN MY MOUTH.. I THINK POLK FANS WOULD SAY THAT I HAVE NOT. KL I THINK YOUR COMMENTS ON HERE SIT ON THE FENCE SO YOU CAN COME BACK ON HERE AND BE ABLE TO MAKE NASTY COMMENT EITHER WAY THE GAME GOES.. i ALSO BELIEVE YOU ARE A COWARD ON HERE AND IN REAL LIFE! YOU PROVE IT EVERYTIME U HIDE AND MAKE COMMENTS ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE!!! COWARD

Good post Geno....I knew the stats were close but I have not seen the paper yet. Pirates have nothing to hang their heads about.