Polk @ South Pitt

SgtEagleFort

And I stand by that quote as well. If Polk beat us 42-0 I would not. Your "great" defense had a hard time stopping the Pirates in the 2nd half. I respect the Polk team, but a few of the posters here on the board, I do not.

Your great defense could not stop Polk until the 4th and what happened to that unbelievable offense the first half! Just say we got spanked and this will be over, quit saying if we had done this or that in the first half we would have won...well guess what you didn't. If you take away T-Rob you guys might not...no you would not have scored!

you gusy just keep on dont you??? what happened to your defense as i said we had more yards and more first down's.. yes you gusy won but you didnt shake the ground when u did..ummmm as us not doing anything till the 4th we umm scored 14 in the 3rd and the 4th...

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I stand by that quote as well. If Polk beat us 42-0 I would not. Your "great" defense had a hard time stopping the Pirates in the 2nd half. I respect the Polk team, but a few of the posters here on the board, I do not.

Your great defense could not stop Polk until the 4th and what happened to that unbelievable offense the first half! Just say we got spanked and this will be over, quit saying if we had done this or that in the first half we would have won...well guess what you didn't. If you take away T-Rob you guys might not...no you would not have scored!

You won't here me say we got spanked....SP made a game of it when most would have layed down. Did you forget about #21, #11, and #90?? They all had a hand in our offensive production. All I can say is you would not want to play the Pirates again....bottom line. We will see who is hoisting that Gold Ball over their heads in a few weeks....I seriously doubt it will be Polk Co. It just cracks me up how a 3A fan can brag so much about beating a 1A team. We weren't scared of you this year and won't be next year.

This one is in danger of being closed. A couple of the posts have been edited instead of deleted. Anything you think may not be suitable, just leave it out. Thanks.

wassup Indian.. well what do you say when yes you lost.. but how much crow do you eat before some realize it wasnt that monster of a win.. i mean we are little ol single A that got thumped in the forst half.. and they are # 3 3 A got thumped in teh 2nd half.. im gonan still say two awesome team's went to war and one won the battle.. again great Job Polk awesome Coaching....

You won't here me say we got spanked....SP made a game of it when most would have layed down. Did you forget about #21, #11, and #90?? They all had a hand in our offensive production. All I can say is you would not want to play the Pirates again....bottom line. We will see who is hoisting that Gold Ball over their heads in a few weeks....I seriously doubt it will be Polk Co. It just cracks me up how a 3A fan can brag so much about beating a 1A team. We weren't scared of you this year and won't be next year.

If plk can play 4 qtr's like they did the first 2 last night then YES they will have a Gold ball indead.. not many teams can play like that all 4 qtr's thats what makes a great team and a good team...

This one is in danger of being closed. A couple of the posts have been edited instead of deleted. Anything you think may not be suitable, just leave it out. Thanks.

wassup Indian.. well what do you say when yes you lost.. but how much crow do you eat before some realize it wasnt that monster of a win.. i mean we are little ol single A that got thumped in the forst half.. and they are # 3 3 A got thumped in teh 2nd half.. im gonan still say two awesome team's went to war and one won the battle.. again great Job Polk awesome Coaching....

The back and forth on whether it was a whipping or not wasn't the problem. The name-calling and other such was.

OK after reading all the post and sleeping on what i was going to say this morning... First and formost I never bashed polk I said i know they will bring it and they hit hard and they did... POLK you are a very very well coached team and the first half took our players and coach's to the ol tool shed.... I was humbled after watching your whole team neal when one of our players was hurt... I was impressed with your qb speed and #30 larry zonca type run.. smash mouth.. NOW for some of you Polk fan's it doesnt seem enough that you guys won, please practice what you preach when posting... sme of you keep on kicking ... well here is my thoughts to some of your fan's posting... Did you come into spitt land and dominate us NO!!! you did not.. you won congrats u earned it.. but here are some stat's for those of you that was not at the game and reading here makes you believe they destroyed us.. Polk scored 27 points in the first half 2 off spitt turnovers .. yes polk helped with that.. Spitt scores 28 in the 2nd half... Spitt had 21 first down's Polk 15... spitt had 376 yards total polk had 350.... So some of you guys act like you dominated us and you did not. the first half yes. the 2nd half no.. looks to me like to great teams went to war... I wanna give congrats to Terrel Robinson.. after seeing some polk fans say they would crush him... he ran for 60 yards. threw for 307, ran for 2 Td's threw for 2 more, intercepted a pass and recovered a fumble and had 8 Tackles....WOW... player of the year stat's one more person.. #54 Jonathan blevin's WOW. his name was called on almost every play... he never quit's i dont know how many tackles he had or assist. but i know it was awesome...congrats again to Polk you played a heck of a game..umm oh yea..... wich half would you play for Alcoa to beat you>?? if you play like you did in the first... I can see a Gold ball in your future.. but remember it takes 4 qtr's... AND AS FOR KING LEON I HAVING NOTHING FOR YOUR COMMENTS ON SAYING I HAVE RAN MY MOUTH.. I THINK POLK FANS WOULD SAY THAT I HAVE NOT. KL I THINK YOUR COMMENTS ON HERE SIT ON THE FENCE SO YOU CAN COME BACK ON HERE AND BE ABLE TO MAKE NASTY COMMENT EITHER WAY THE GAME GOES.. i ALSO BELIEVE YOU ARE A COWARD ON HERE AND IN REAL LIFE! YOU PROVE IT EVERYTIME U HIDE AND MAKE COMMENTS ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE!!! COWARD

Geno, First let me say that my comments are for only a few and not you. I have not commented all week while some of your faithful have talked about our team and how bad they were going to get beat. Slow Polks and Polk Slugs were a couple of comments made. I do agree you have not made any comments that fueled the fire so to speak but the fact that you Pirate fans just can't say we got beat and yes it could have been worse if the TD does not get called back SP would have been down 34-0 in the 3rd quarter but oh well that's the way it goes. Some of you Pirate fans want a asterisk placed by the game so that everyone knows SP won the 4th quarter! Your right it takes 4 quarters to win and we did just that, played hard for 4 quarters. Like I said earlier T-Rob is a great QB and your team if he stay's healthy should be coming home with another title. Best of luck Geno we are pulling for you guy's to win it! :roflol:

The back and forth on whether it was a whipping or not wasn't the problem. The name-calling and other such was.

Thanks Indian :roflol:

well here is my thoughts to some of your fan's posting... Did you come into spitt land and dominate us NO!!! you did not.. you won congrats u earned it.. but here are some stat's for those of you that was not at the game and reading here makes you believe they destroyed us.. Polk scored 27 points in the first half 2 off spitt turnovers .. yes polk helped with that.. Spitt scores 28 in the 2nd half... Spitt had 21 first down's Polk 15... spitt had 376 yards total polk had 350.... So some of you guys act like you dominated us and you did not. the first half yes. the 2nd half no.. looks to me like to great teams went to war... I wanna give congrats to Terrel Robinson.. after seeing some polk fans say they would crush him... he ran for 60 yards. threw for 307, ran for 2 Td's threw for 2 more, intercepted a pass and recovered a fumble and had 8 Tackles....WOW... player of the year stat's one more person.. #54 Jonathan blevin's WOW. his name was called on almost every play... he never quit's i dont know how many tackles he had or assist. but i know it was awesome...congrats again to Polk you played a heck of a game..umm oh yea..... wich half would you play for Alcoa to beat you>?? if you play like you did in the first... I can see a Gold ball in your future.. but remember it takes 4 qtr's... AND AS FOR KING LEON I HAVING NOTHING FOR YOUR COMMENTS ON SAYING I HAVE RAN MY MOUTH.. I THINK POLK FANS WOULD SAY THAT I HAVE NOT. KL I THINK YOUR COMMENTS ON HERE SIT ON THE FENCE SO YOU CAN COME BACK ON HERE AND BE ABLE TO MAKE NASTY COMMENT EITHER WAY THE GAME GOES.. i ALSO BELIEVE YOU ARE A COWARD ON HERE AND IN REAL LIFE! YOU PROVE IT EVERYTIME U HIDE AND MAKE COMMENTS ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE!!! COWARD

How come you didn't mention that one of SP's scores was from a PC turnover that resulted in the Pirates taking over on PC's 25 yard line? Selective Memory?

You don't usually put a lot of first downs in the book when you average over 9 yards per carry,,and have 2 play scoring drive, and breaking off 30 yard TD runs.

And I will only comment on a couple of officiating miscues,,,the TD run by Polks QB in the second half, down the SP sideline, I don't know if there was a hold or whatever but the flag was thrown 15 yards behind the play...And, man, that 6'1'' 210lb slowpolk really scooted down that sideline,,,,

And the clock thing,,,when Trob fell on the ball the clock was not running and it was at 4:37,,,and they started the next play with 4:38 on the clock,,,,no big deal,,just odd,,,It is weird when a clock operates perfectly all night, then goes "haywire" when the clock is actually an issue,,,but, oh well!!

Congrats to Polk,,you are more than folks gave you credit for,,

what a fun night.all the blah blah blah from powerp.i don't think i ever saw a guy hit the deck like the one from sp after the reception.scared? nah,,,,self preservation.think that is different than scared-means more.don't think i've seen so many flops and dramatic comebacks with only one play going by,i.e.t-rob.he coulda used some help from a receiver,ya know,the kind that CATCH the ball,and THEN run with it? coulda wouldas aside,thats what i said we wanted. no gimme.officialDUMB was somewhat bizarre.clock work was stupid at the end.hope yas can make it up to our house for another good one next year.are ya all callin' 21 lumpy today?he walked on,seems like he limped off,lol.just kiddin'.NOT! :roflol::oops::roflol::roflol:

Let me try for the third time to get a post on here and if a previous one comes up sorry. There was a reason for SP's success in the second half. When your up 27 at the half you drop back and keep everything in front of you to prevent quick scores. You didnt see Polk give up any 80 yrd bombs did you (even with our slow slugs)? If not for the untimely fumble and a short field for a quick score the game would not have gotten that close. To PCs credit they came right back and scored on the next drive to put the daggar in. Two TDs called back in the second half, hummmmm? Clock problems, hummmmm? Before you start circling calenders for next years game you might want to realize most of the team you saw last night will be back next year and T-Rob will not. He was much better that I thought going into the game and wish him well. Credit to SP for turning some short passes into good gains after the catch and T-Rob for taking some licks and breaking some tackles that most people do not get away from. After 26 pages of trash talk all week did you not think you would hear about it? Dont dish it out if you cant take it!!!

And please, dont start on the Alcoa folks. I saw them play thursday night and trust me YOU DO NOT WANT ANY OF THEM!!!! You have a better QB IMO but they are better than you at every other position on the field no joke. THEY ARE THE REAL DEAL. There is a reason they are ranked #1 and probably could be in higher classifications too.

Good luck and I hope you get another gold ball.

OK after reading all the post and sleeping on what i was going to say this morning... First and formost I never bashed polk I said i know they will bring it and they hit hard and they did... POLK you are a very very well coached team and the first half took our players and coach's to the ol tool shed.... I was humbled after watching your whole team neal when one of our players was hurt... I was impressed with your qb speed and #30 larry zonca type run.. smash mouth.. NOW for some of you Polk fan's it doesnt seem enough that you guys won, please practice what you preach when posting... sme of you keep on kicking ... well here is my thoughts to some of your fan's posting... Did you come into spitt land and dominate us NO!!! you did not.. you won congrats u earned it.. but here are some stat's for those of you that was not at the game and reading here makes you believe they destroyed us.. Polk scored 27 points in the first half 2 off spitt turnovers .. yes polk helped with that.. Spitt scores 28 in the 2nd half... Spitt had 21 first down's Polk 15... spitt had 376 yards total polk had 350.... So some of you guys act like you dominated us and you did not. the first half yes. the 2nd half no.. looks to me like to great teams went to war... I wanna give congrats to Terrel Robinson.. after seeing some polk fans say they would crush him... he ran for 60 yards. threw for 307, ran for 2 Td's threw for 2 more, intercepted a pass and recovered a fumble and had 8 Tackles....WOW... player of the year stat's one more person.. #54 Jonathan blevin's WOW. his name was called on almost every play... he never quit's i dont know how many tackles he had or assist. but i know it was awesome...congrats again to Polk you played a heck of a game..umm oh yea..... wich half would you play for Alcoa to beat you>?? if you play like you did in the first... I can see a Gold ball in your future.. but remember it takes 4 qtr's... AND AS FOR KING LEON I HAVING NOTHING FOR YOUR COMMENTS ON SAYING I HAVE RAN MY MOUTH.. I THINK POLK FANS WOULD SAY THAT I HAVE NOT. KL I THINK YOUR COMMENTS ON HERE SIT ON THE FENCE SO YOU CAN COME BACK ON HERE AND BE ABLE TO MAKE NASTY COMMENT EITHER WAY THE GAME GOES.. i ALSO BELIEVE YOU ARE A COWARD ON HERE AND IN REAL LIFE! YOU PROVE IT EVERYTIME U HIDE AND MAKE COMMENTS ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE!!! COWARD

Geno, Old Pirate says good points and post. Dad burnit....OP must be coming down with something. It's not often OP and Geno agree. Nah, perhaps Geno is staying on them meds.... :thumb: OP heard about you losing your dad, we were friends and best wishes to you. :blink:

I would like to comment on South Pitts. #54. I watched this kid all night and I would have to say that he gave it his all. Polk's O-line was all over him and he hung in there and played his heart out, he is not the biggest or most athletic but he is a winner in my book. After reading his story and hearing about his post-game comments to the Polk team this kid is a class act. I wish him and the rest of the team the best of luck!