Daniel Boone at Tennessee High ... SHOWDOWN IN THE CASTLE

v_i_k_i_n_g

LEAVE NO DOUBT!!! If you left the Castle Friday night (whether early in the fourth quarter or at the end of the game) and was unsure about who the better team between Boone and THS was... you're only fooling yourself. Because 51-26 pretty much tells the tale of the tape. The game went pretty much as I figured with the exception of the mental mistakes by the Vikings. I've heard some talk about how Boone "stopped the Viking run game"... not a surprise for me. When you stack 8 in the box and at least 3 of them are All State caliber... you're going to slow down ANYBODY. The Boone coaching staff pretty much sold out completely to stopping the run... and they paid DEARLY for it. I tried to tell you, but you guys had the Viking game plan all figured out and wrote Taylor's record setting performance at Central off to being a "smoke screen".... so he broke 339 yards and 5 TDs off in ya; bettering one record and breaking another!!! Now SMOKE THAT SCREEN!!!! :thumb: Hey.... but look at the bright side...this years Daniel Boone team will be in the Tennessee High record books for a long long time. :lol: Now... 14 of your 26 points were handed to you in the first half by the Vikings with the ill thrown screen pass on about our 30 yard line (that is very much out of character for TH), and the pass attempt by our punter in our own end zone that gave Boone the ball on about the 5 yard line (again...uncharacteristic). I can remember two impressive drives by Boone. On one you scored and the other ended with a turnover... but that's about it. Boone actually did better offensively than I expected after watching the Volunteer game. All and all I have to say that for me personally... Greenville has still been the only game that I feel we were in jeopardy of loosing. If that seems harsh... maybe it is. But FormerBlazer has been on EVERY board toottin the Blazer horn to anybody who will listen and even to those who didn't want to hear... and they simple didn't live up to all the hype last night! Just keepin it real fellas after hearing some of the excuses start. :D Boone is a good team very much deserving of their record. We have yet to face South, but IMO and from what I have seen... Boone could very well be the second best team in the Big 8. I'll let you know for sure next Saturday. So how bout takin the L like men... and letting it go. Because I have a feeling we will meet again this year. :thumb:

Oh and one more thing, what hype are you talking about...go back in the front of the week you are all upset because I wouldn't say oh we are going to beat you then we did and now your story is set. Toot their horn...heck yeah the South and DB games were supposed to be blow outs. Last night is the only one anyone has gotten right so congrats, everyone is 33 percent right of the time. This is why I am certain everybody in Kingsport, JC, Coloniel Heights, and Bristol is a stuck up moron. You know what Cap, congrats on last night, but I want you to take a long look at Comp and see you in the future. You get one year where you can FINALLY beat South and you act like the biggest sore winner in the world. This is why no one likes Bristol except the people who live there. Take your win, my respect for you is gone in one simple gesture because you feel the need to act like an idiot. See ya in 3 jerk!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There were some comments made about the officiating. I think that went both ways. The guys in the striped shirts did a fair job, but I think that when they reflect on the game they'll probably come to the conclusion that they missed some calls on both sides of the ball.

Now it's on to South...the MAROON MACHINE is back!!!!

I can agree that it did go both ways, but the timing on some of them really got to me. When someone who is blitzing from the outside gets tackled in the backfield....yeah. I will say that I am sure Boone probably got away with some calls too, so I can't sit here and complain all day. It was a physical game and both sides were going at it hard. I think the ones that stick out were in that first quarter when that happened and a couple of times there were some calls where Viking players hit ours after they were out of bounds. But...yeah I saw some holding that was never called for you all as well so it goes both ways, I guess this just struck me out that these were easy calls to make and it didn't happen.

My pick crow will be eat here in a bit, yawn.

Sounds like you're have a little trouble gettin all that CROW down. I told you to get a bottle of that sauce. :lol: Weren't you implying that there was some "home cooking" going on with the referees in your earlier post? EXCUSE! :thumb: Come on now... 52 to 26?!!!! Sorry FormerB.... but that's called "breakin the LONG STICK out" in anybodies book. I hope you're gonna work on more than momentum between now and the next time we meet... like maybe balancing out your defense to deal with the PASS as well as the run. Those LBs are real tough on the run but don't seem to do well in coverage. And no need in trying to hang this spanking on one player. That same player you speak of also impressively ran down one of our RBs to prevent a sure TD after our back ran right off tackle untouched for about 40 yards. It's not his fought his coaches left him in single coverage ALL NIGHT in an effort to stop the run. And I have to admit that I WAS concerned at half time... but not about the outcome of the game. I was worried that Stubbs would pull back on the reigns late in the game and we wouldn't be able to cover my point spread. But that worry was gone EARLY in the third quarter. By the way... I hope and look forward in seeing the Trailblazers in three weeks because that would mean that two Northeast Tennessee teams would then be one game away from the BIG DANCE! :thumb:

You're right FormerB, just like my boys in Kingsport, JC, Colonial Heights... we here in Bristol have found that it's lonely at the TOP!! :thumb:

Just kidding FormerB... OMG :D .... calm down!! I'm just dishin out a little CROW. Well... maybe ALLOT of Crow. :o But you have to admit... you had this coming. But I don't want you to kick your dog and beat your wife... so I'll ease up on ya. Truth be told... I have nothing but respect for the Trailblazer team especially after Friday night, and I admire the way their fans have rallied behind them this season. I love to mix it up on here whether it be the factual or the trash talking, but I've learned that you can't take this stuff personal or you will find yourself on blood pressure meds. I can't speak for all but many of these guys on here are good people that love their kids and support their teams. I've personally met a few of them from several different schools such as Elizabethton, Central, DB, Science Hill, and South... and believe me the "good people" thing rang true in every case ESPECIALLY Compusatman. Our sons both graduated last year and competed against each other year after year. Comp and I mixed it up on here year after year as you could imagine, and still do to this day... and our respect for each other did nothing but grow. So ease up on my homey. :thumb: I'm pretty quick with the trash talking thing, and that comes form not having a playstation as child and having to crack jokes on each other for entertainment. I have to reel myself in sometimes because I know I have a tendency to strike a nerve, and many on here can't or have not learned yet to separate the talk on here from what really matters in the long run. So please except my apology, and smoke this peace pipe with me. I've never made an enemy on here and don't plan on doing it now. By the way... you may want to delete that last post before WaCo sees it. If you think I'm bad... he'll have you driving to the Kmart parking lot looking for a fight with just the strike of the computer keys. :lol:

FB...Yall did good man. You put up a fight. It reminds me of South vs Maryville in '07. 21/14 at the half. First posession in the third 75 yards all the way down to the 5 getting ready to tie the game and KK fumbles a wheel route at the 4 yard line. Fletch' had close to 100 yards rushing at that point and finishing the game with about 128 yds rushing. Then Maryville turned on the Jets and never looked back. The fumble rocked our world. We lost by 27. They were the better team. We competed. We had to step up to the plate. We weren't sure what that would require. You had to step up to the plate. The Vikings turned on the jets. Now you know how it feels to go up against a big boy. That's why the team needs loud, brash, in your face parents. My and Cap's boys are as respectable as they come...with yes sir and no sir and thank you sir...but when it's on they change into a different character with no fear. You will do good in the playoffs. Cause' now you have a taste. Just build on it man. It ain't quite as simple as everyone thinks. And NET ball ain't as weak as is commonly thought. Be proud that you are part of the turn around of our end of the state. Be proud of what you got and build on it.

CAP....

Been out of town, had to get a beak removed from my rear end. :excl:

That sauce of yours makes it go down better but doesn't help in the digestive break down.

Great display of football, especially late. Boone is ver good this year but you guys got the package. Looks like the big day is on the horizon. I think the Vikings have the team this year, can you get over the mental hump against the Rebels? Either way, playoff bound and representing well. :excl:

It was a great game Friday night. Boone played up and down. Big plays and big mistakes. They have to find a safety or will not be able to stop anyone in the playoffs with a passing game.

THS has a great team. They do a great job of protecting Harmon. He will not run it and gets out of the way once he hands off. Throws it away if anyone gets near him. I did not think Boone blitzed as much as I had heard they did.

THS showed Boone's weakness in the passing game and I think Boone also showed THS' weakness in the passing game. They give up everything underneath to protect the long ball. I think South will exploit that. Was not impressed with THS running game or may have been impressed with Boone's run defense. Heard so much about Keenan and Tallman and they did nothing against Boone. 24 had the one long run up the middle where the safety missed the tackle.

South and THS should be interesting. If South doesn't pull a DB repeat, it should be an interesting game.

It was a great game Friday night. Boone played up and down. Big plays and big mistakes. They have to find a safety or will not be able to stop anyone in the playoffs with a passing game.

THS has a great team. They do a great job of protecting Harmon. He will not run it and gets out of the way once he hands off. Throws it away if anyone gets near him. I did not think Boone blitzed as much as I had heard they did.

THS showed Boone's weakness in the passing game and I think Boone also showed THS' weakness in the passing game. They give up everything underneath to protect the long ball. I think South will exploit that. Was not impressed with THS running game or may have been impressed with Boone's run defense. Heard so much about Keenan and Tallman and they did nothing against Boone. 24 had the one long run up the middle where the safety missed the tackle.

South and THS should be interesting. If South doesn't pull a DB repeat, it should be an interesting game.[/quote

Keenan carried the ball several times without significant yardage but you didn't see Tallman because he didn't carry it....not once. That's why our team is so good and our game plan worked to perfection. 8 in the box meant a free night of passing! Pick your poison is the name of the game this year. That's not to say that 8 in the box wouldn't have slowed Tallman down, but you didn't get a chance to see what he can do.

Take a chill pill! Wasn't knocking on him. Just had heard on here from the THS fans how they were gonna run all over Boone's defense and went to see it. I think it was obvious that Boone stopped the running game. The times I have seen Boone this year they put 7 in the box and stop the run. The one thing that was missing Friday night that I had seen before was the blitz package.

What will Harmon do when he gets hit? Is he physical enough to handle the hitting? It will come somewhere in the playoffs.

South and THS should be interesting. If South doesn't pull a DB repeat, it should be an interesting game.

Other than a screen pass, I think Tallman was mainly trying to block for Shepard and Howard. They needed it against Boone. Shepard has an injured knee and ankle so it will be hard to depend on him on as much this year.

In regard to the passing game, Tennessee's corners always have a big cushion between the receivers. Boone did what every other team did, they tried to nickel and dime their way down the field with the passing. Virginia High and Science Hill all had over 20 completions because they would throw short passes. It will, however, become a problem if they run up against a team that has athletic and elusive receivers.

Does anyone have some good photos of the castle? The only ones I can find are on the school's website and it doesn't really show it too well. I was telling my wife about it and she has never seen it and would like to.

Thanks in advance.

http://www.waymarking.com/waymarks/WM6CCW_Bristol_Municipal_Stadium_Stone_Castle_Bristol_TN

That site has a few exterior shots of the Stone Castle