Daniel Boone at Tennessee High ... SHOWDOWN IN THE CASTLE

v_i_k_i_n_g

No disrespect, but I believe once again this year the best game/match-up will be saved for last. I expect nothing but another 07’ classic in Death Valley. Some things you can’t get from stats, records, or rankings… you just feel it.

:? <<<< This will be the look on MANY of the Trailblazers faces as the band takes the field at halftime. :thumb: Once again a Big 8 team is going to be given a REALITY CHECK in the Castle. Two good teams, but 1st and 6th best 5A teams in the State… I doubt it. But we all know that on any given Friday night… and at least we are showing up on the map. I can’t speak for Boone but the Vikings will represent N.E.T. well.

I’m sticking with my 21 point spread, and I’ll raise you that Boone won’t get over 180 TOTAL offensive yards in this game. Now how’s that for confidents DarkHorse. B)

:? That look on the TrailBlazers faces will be from sitting on those cold rock bleachers!!!

Could be right CAP.... 180 yards may be all that is needed if the field position is in Boone's favor. Boone is not gonna astound anyone with flashy play but they are solid, if TH doesn't think so they are in for a surprise. Boone knows how good TH is and Jenkins will prepare them for it. Stubbs spent last week trying to fool everyone into thinking he is gonna throw all night. You could say it was a tune-up for the future but I know a "smokescreen" when I see it. Jenkins hasn't forgotten the running force TH brings.

Special teams wins this one for either team..... I see that bet CAP and raise you one..... Boone gets at least 7 points off a blocked punt. I am gonna pick up some worchestershire sauce to go with the crow I might have to eat, so if the shoe's on the other foot I'll give you a bottle after the game. :roflol:

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No disrespect, but I believe once again this year the best game/match-up will be saved for last. I expect nothing but another 07’ classic in Death Valley. Some things you can’t get from stats, records, or rankings… you just feel it.

:roflol: <<<< This will be the look on MANY of the Trailblazers faces as the band takes the field at halftime. :roflol: Once again a Big 8 team is going to be given a REALITY CHECK in the Castle. Two good teams, but 1st and 6th best 5A teams in the State… I doubt it. But we all know that on any given Friday night… and at least we are showing up on the map. I can’t speak for Boone but the Vikings will represent N.E.T. well.

I’m sticking with my 21 point spread, and I’ll raise you that Boone won’t get over 180 TOTAL offensive yards in this game. Now how’s that for confidents DarkHorse. B)

Cracks Knuckles..... ooooooo really ;)

First off.....nope, band won't affect their faces like that....but they will undeniably enjoy the show. Boone's band isn't what they used to be at all, so the fans always appreciate and enjoy seeing other schools bands.

Reality check....oh run that mouth run that mouth. You know, it's stuff like this that really gets a Blazer going. Let the whole world go against us, we don't care. It was always that way at Boone when I was there. Take a look at the JC paper, and I will not blame them for the pick, but the phrase "The Vikings are just too tough for the Blazers" is something that reaaaallllyyyyy just ticks the boys off. I hope someone shows them that quote and more... I think you all are in for a surprise my friend because this Boone team ain't going down without a fight...if they lose at all :roflol:

Boone definitely deserves the respect! They always play tough and with determination. This year they are not only playing tough and with determination but also with some seasoned seniors that want to win. If the conference this year had been similar to past years Boone would definitely be a probable conference champ especially considering their level of play this year compared to past years. This year they gave South all they wanted. Yea we've heard all the South excuses. Don't get me wrong I really do admire South's players and coaches for what they have endured and how they have handled things, so no disrespect there either. :roflol:

The problem for Boone is there is a unique situation this year unlike past years and that is the THS T-E-A-M. Because of the unique THS situation, Boone will not be able to be Conference Champs this year even though they may very well deserve to be. I could give you more than 22 reasons why THS will beat Boone and 8 reasons why Boone will give THS one exciting ballgame in the First QTR. Not enough room here to get into such detail.

I will say however that one of the biggest reasons Boone will have problems is their Linebackers will get blocked this game. The Boone LBs are not used to such a phenomena. The Boone Linebackers are HUGE playmakers and they deserve all the credit for past performances as do some of the Boone Def Linemen. Not so this Friday night. :roflol:

Another main reason that Boone will get it handed to them this Friday night is because of THS's #18 and #31 and #44, oh and #58 and #63 and #74 and #61 and #53, oh yea and #48 and #10 and #20 and #8 and #4 and #2 and #24 and #22 and #26, oh and also #9 and #17, oh and also #33 and #29 and #64 and #60 and #85 and #21 and #51, oh and there are some other guys in the background and you just really wouldn't believe just how good they really are. But they know who they are and they also know how good they are because they give it everyday. It's that THS T-E-A-M phenomena that I'm talking about ;)

There really are more than 22 reasons why THS will beat Boone 41 to 14 Friday night. THS simply has the recipe for a true State Champ this season. But be forwarned THS....DO NOT SHOW UP TO PLAY BOONE with anything less than you showed up to play Dobyns-Bennett with otherwise Boone may send you home to momma with tears in your eyes. :roflol:

My hat is off to both teams. I hope all players play tough and fair. I hope all end with no injuries. THS 41, Boone 14. THANKYOU.

Boone definitely deserves the respect! They always play tough and with determination. This year they are not only playing tough and with determination but also with some seasoned seniors that want to win. If the conference this year had been similar to past years Boone would definitely be a probable conference champ especially considering their level of play this year compared to past years. This year they gave South all they wanted. Yea we've heard all the South excuses. Don't get me wrong I really do admire South's players and coaches for what they have endured and how they have handled things, so no disrespect there either. :roflol:

The problem for Boone is there is a unique situation this year unlike past years and that is the THS T-E-A-M. Because of the unique THS situation, Boone will not be able to be Conference Champs this year even though they may very well deserve to be. I could give you more than 22 reasons why THS will beat Boone and 8 reasons why Boone will give THS one exciting ballgame in the First QTR. Not enough room here to get into such detail.

I will say however that one of the biggest reasons Boone will have problems is their Linebackers will get blocked this game. The Boone LBs are not used to such a phenomena. The Boone Linebackers are HUGE playmakers and they deserve all the credit for past performances as do some of the Boone Def Linemen. Not so this Friday night. :roflol:

Another main reason that Boone will get it handed to them this Friday night is because of THS's #18 and #31 and #44, oh and #58 and #63 and #74 and #61 and #53, oh yea and #48 and #10 and #20 and #8 and #4 and #24 and #22 and #26, oh and also #9 and #17, oh and also #33 and #29 and #64 and #60 and #85 and #21 and #51, oh and there are some other guys in the background and you just really wouldn't believe just how good they really are. But they know who they are and they also know how good they are because they give it everyday. It's that THS T-E-A-M phenomena that I'm talking about ;)

There really are more than 22 reasons why THS will beat Boone 41 to 14 Friday night. THS simply has the recipe for a true State Champ this season. But be forwarned THS....DO NOT SHOW UP TO PLAY BOONE with anything less than you showed up to play Dobyns-Bennett with otherwise Boone may send you home to momma with tears in your eyes. :roflol:

My hat is off to both teams. I hope all players play tough and fair. I hope all end with no injuries. THS 41, Boone 14. THANKYOU.

Well, I can respect some of that. TN High is in a world within its own, much like South and DB. One of those upper East TN traditions that they, you can't help but respect. They've got the history and a great coaching staff and most importantly the talent this tear to go deep into the playoffs. Another thing, yes, they've taken care of business up and down the field all year so I can't take that away. I wish I could have had the time to see what TN High played like this year because from what I have heard on here, they are going to wow me.

But traditionally, the Boone boy really doesn't care about your tradition or how many wins you have or how intimidating your band is or how good your food is or how pretty your castle is. They don't, not these kids, cause they haven't seen you all. Now after Friday, the story may be different for the Blazer Heart....but you all have everything to lose and Boone has nothing to lose. Who knows how each team's determination will go...but thinking you will just run over Boone with your players is kinda silly. Boone doesn't have the size they used to but they are starting to get that look of strength I remember seeing in teams like South and TN High from back in the day. A lot faster too team wise...and yes I know you will say "By comparison it's slow" sure thing.

I think it all comes down to Boone's offense. If they can move the ball they win, if they can't then TN High's defense will just wear down that Boone defense. Thankfully not a lot of the defense play both ways, especially the bruisers B)

CUT... CUT!!!! Ok... lets take it from the top. Now this time lets try to talk trash without all the "poor little county team from Gray" crap... because I for one aint buyin it! And after talking to my boys tonight at the Parks and Rec game, it's obvious that Stubbs and his troops aren't either. They have been preparing for a battle... and believe me they are far from taking the Trailblazers lightly. Boone is 7 and 1, and you don't become 7-1 and 6th in the State of Tennessee and still be allowed to play the "poor little county team" card. So cut the Rodney Dangerfield "UNDERDOG" act and man up!! And the band FormerB?? :roflol: Our BAND lol... are you serious?!! OMG you guys are clueless. Let me break this down for ya. We do have a good band and they always do well in competition... and we are proud of each and every member. But they are FAR from being intimidators. That would be the one and only MIGHTY DB Band. My reference to the band was only to signify the end of a surpassingly dominating half of play by the Viking football team, and the shock that will be to the Trailblazer faithful. :D

One more thing. ThankYou... you have dug such a negative hole for your team with your posts that if the Trailblazers win the game Friday night, one could only come to the conclusion that it was only because the Vikings didn't come to play. Don't be afraid to support your team. 7 and 2, and in the playoffs Crow aint that bad! :D

:D That look on the TrailBlazers faces will be from sitting on those cold rock bleachers!!!

Could be right CAP.... 180 yards may be all that is needed if the field position is in Boone's favor. Boone is not gonna astound anyone with flashy play but they are solid, if TH doesn't think so they are in for a surprise. Boone knows how good TH is and Jenkins will prepare them for it. Stubbs spent last week trying to fool everyone into thinking he is gonna throw all night. You could say it was a tune-up for the future but I know a "smokescreen" when I see it. Jenkins hasn't forgotten the running force TH brings.

Special teams wins this one for either team..... I see that bet CAP and raise you one..... Boone gets at least 7 points off a blocked punt. I am gonna pick up some worchestershire sauce to go with the crow I might have to eat, so if the shoe's on the other foot I'll give you a bottle after the game. :D

:D Good post DHorse... it's always refreshing to have someone that can dish IT back! But save your money on the worcestershire sauce... I have a homemade sauce that I'VE HEARD is just delightful on the CROW. I have traditionally had a stand set up at all the visitors exits and open up shop around the end of the third quarter for your connivance. Just tell them CAP sent you. I'll have a complementary bottle reserved just for you... on the house. :roflol:

CUT... CUT!!!! Ok... lets take it from the top. Now this time lets try to talk trash without all the "poor little county team from Gray" crap... because I for one aint buyin it! And after talking to my boys tonight at the Parks and Rec game, it's obvious that Stubbs and his troops aren't either. They have been preparing for a battle... and believe me they are far from taking the Trailblazers lightly. Boone is 7 and 1, and you don't become 7-1 and 6th in the State of Tennessee and still be allowed to play the "poor little county team" card. So cut the Rodney Dangerfield "UNDERDOG" act and man up!! And the band FormerB?? :roflol: Our BAND lol... are you serious?!! OMG you guys are clueless. Let me break this down for ya. We do have a good band and they always do well in competition... and we are proud of each and every member. But they are FAR from being intimidators. That would be the one and only MIGHTY DB Band. My reference to the band was only to signify the end of a surpassingly dominating half of play by the Viking football team, and the shock that will be to the Trailblazer faithful. :D

One more thing. ThankYou... you have dug such a negative hole for your team with your posts that if the Trailblazers win the game Friday night, one could only come to the conclusion that it was only because the Vikings didn't come to play. Don't be afraid to support your team. 7 and 2, and in the playoffs Crow aint that bad! :D

Ah but that is something that you gave us all season my friend. We live by what you have said and just go with it. You haven't poked your head too much in threads with Boone vs someone else, which shows you stick with your Vikings. So if there is something to apologize for that, I guess you haven't seen all that has been said. But if there was reference to being the poor little country team, it would be in response to people stating that there is going to be a HUGE difference in the abilities of both the teams. I've been to most of the games this year and have seen them up and down, yet what I've seen as being good playing ability has been downplayed all year... you being one first started up the talk by saying hey, they lose by 21.

As for the "Underdog act" heck buddy, you gave us that on Saturday. You say we lose by 21, we are the underdogs, the paper says we lose, underdogs, people on here post we are going to lose....the underdogs. That would be the definition of it buddy, you might want to try looking it up before you go attacking. It is as if you want me to come on here and say "HEY ROAR ANGER ME WANT HURT GO BOONE!!!" Naaa... too old for stuff like that.

I tend to look at things as "anything can happen" along with trying to get a look at how both sides are viewing it. Most kids stay off here from posts (especially this season) so it is hard to guage preconceptions and how a team is doing based on the fans. Some, including yourself, seem to come out and look for smack talk and eating crow and all that garbage. If that is how you look to have some fun cap, you aren't going to find it from the Blazers because the Boone boy knows that words can come back to bite you....call it...tradition if you will :D

And if you are trying to pull up some OMG WE HAVE GOT YOU GUYS PRACTICE WAS AWESOME!?!?!!!!!! then go somewhere else cap. I believe in a good practice but it all comes down to how people react on Friday night, you know that as well as anyone else. It's all good, it'll be ok, I'll wait for the game. And believe me Cap, if you beat us on Friday I will most definitely come on here and say the better team won, give you congrats, and say we hope to see you again in the playoffs. I just want to know what you are looking for.... a "I told you so" after the game? You can't have it, no, it's mine, no can have it

Oh and as the band remark, I assumed you were talking about them being well but I was confused, a bit more information would be needed in the future, but I will give you a "AHAH!" since I now know what you mean.

And what is this crow garbage...isn't that where you run your mouth and then you lose? I don't believe I've done that....yet. I just think it will be closer than some picks are saying...like South, like DB...like TN High.....etc. We've only been picked to win 3 games this year in polls....you know just that whole "Underdog" thing

Blazer dude...I love you...I mean you, we,...we cousins...but I gots to say that when you coming up in a big game like this trepidation is not your finest adjective. Yall got doubt in your mind. If you won't to call that realisim then watch out cause the Vikings will take that realisim and shove it real hard up the torpedoe shoot. You need to be on bro'. Beliee' in you folk. Raise the bar. Build a far. Git them boys hot. Cause when you got the hammer...then hammer down. And the Vikings got the hammer. You need a ball and chain...you know the kind with spikes in it. And you gonna' have to come out swinging it. You got to believe. If you believe then hopefully your team will believe. You got to be there at practice and tell em' that you got they back. They need to know you there. It is the most important part. That's why they throw their hands up when they need you during a game wanting you to get up and scream. if there were no fans...then there would be no team. so understand how important you and yours are and go let them know you there. It means everything. Trust me. You wanna win? Put Boobie in. 'Cause Boobie's 'bout to spin. C'mon Coach, put Boobie in, let me spin...I'll spin you a win Coach.

Blazer dude...I love you...I mean you, we,...we cousins...but I gots to say that when you coming up in a big game like this trepidation is not your finest adjective. Yall got doubt in your mind. If you won't to call that realisim then watch out cause the Vikings will take that realisim and shove it real hard up the torpedoe shoot. You need to be on bro'. Beliee' in you folk. Raise the bar. Build a far. Git them boys hot. Cause when you got the hammer...then hammer down. And the Vikings got the hammer. You need a ball and chain...you know the kind with spikes in it. And you gonna' have to come out swinging it. You got to believe. If you believe then hopefully your team will believe. You got to be there at practice and tell em' that you got they back. They need to know you there. It is the most important part. That's why they throw their hands up when they need you during a game wanting you to get up and scream. if there were no fans...then there would be no team. so understand how important you and yours are and go let them know you there. It means everything. Trust me. You wanna win? Put Boobie in. 'Cause Boobie's 'bout to spin. C'mon Coach, put Boobie in, let me spin...I'll spin you a win Coach.

Sorry Cap, trepidation doesn't come from the fact that I think my Blazers are going to lose, it comes from the fact that I see who plays because I think everyone can agree that this Boone team has shook the region quite a bit. The mountain this week is TN High, number one team in the state, said by many to be a state championship calibur team. What a chance what a chance, to knock them off. TN High is a team that you have to absolutely just have to line up with and knock them out head to head cause they will absolutely hit you in the mouth. I'm not here for I told you so's and things like that, different type of thinking from you South fellers and TN High folks. DO I have faith, heck yeah I think it'll be a great game. Am I going to say Boone will beat TN High...yeah I think they are very capable and they can come up to that task. Will it be a blowout...if Boone doesn't show up TN High will run the score up 49 to 0...I think it'll be a one touchdown game and low scoring both ways. And at the end of the day, yeah I'm going to pick my Blazers to have the better score, but I'm not going to sit here and run my mouth, say this is the year, then disappear if it doesn't happen. Many of your fans this year have headed for the hills....only to be fairweather talking up fans who will come back next week when it is your rivalry against TN High. (Note...you manned up Comp, so nothing against you!)

I just find it funny that people are wondernig why aren't you doing this or that...because that's not the type of person I am....neither am I a person who says HAHA told you so, but I will ask what do ya think of us now. Again, out of people who post for different teams, Cap, you, and Waca are usually the ones I can't ignore on here and have lots of respect for.

3 days left til Bristol

Former I have to say you are the man. The TN High fans who act exactly like the DB fans saying theres no way we can get beat will have something coming for them in 2 days. The saddest part of it all is that you TN High believe we will be scared of your little stone castle. You all must have forgotten that we played in the fiver rivers confrence last year and we went to Mo West twice which is about 10 times nicer than your stadium. I give you all credit, TN High is the better team on paper and we all know that, but we have had our backs against the wall agains DB,South,SH,etc. etc. and we have came out with all wins except agains south. Just wait and watch Friday night TN High fans you will see a determined team wanting to shut every haters mouth.

:o That look on the TrailBlazers faces will be from sitting on those cold rock bleachers!!!

Special teams wins this one for either team..... I see that bet CAP and raise you one..... Boone gets at least 7 points off a blocked punt. I am gonna pick up some worchestershire sauce to go with the crow I might have to eat, so if the shoe's on the other foot I'll give you a bottle after the game. :x

:lol: Good post DHorse... it's always refreshing to have someone that can dish IT back! But save your money on the worcestershire sauce... I have a homemade sauce that I'VE HEARD is just delightful on the CROW. I have traditionally had a stand set up at all the visitors exits and open up shop around the end of the third quarter for your connivance. Just tell them CAP sent you. I'll have a complementary bottle reserved just for you... on the house. :roll:

Thanks CAP....I'll pick it up on the way in... just in case I ...uh...er....need to give it to someone one of these days. You never know when you might have to splash the sauce to the ole black bird.

Should be a great game in a great atmosphere.

Is it best to pluck or boil the feathers off??? Just wonderin' in case someone should ask :x

NOTE: I saw a large flock of the ole' Rook bird perched just off the interstate this morning....couldn't tell which way they were headed. Probably waitin' on Comp's long black train.....

Let me just first say that having a “LOOSER” mentality doesn’t make you a better person… and it’s not going to get you very far in THIS world.

Second of all… I/WE expect our team to perform well each and EVERY year. Losing games is not what WE do. We try to do everything with excellence and mistake free. You get hurt… if it’s not broke or bleeding to bad… brush it off and get back in the game. We are proud of our kids’/players’, and coaches accomplishments and achievements, and aren’t afraid to let YOU know. We support our team in the good and the bad times. When the mountains are steep and high, we get behind them and push/encourage them… and when it’s a down hill slope, we take that ride with them. We win ,we loose, TOGETHER. All of this is called TRADITION… and WE…. are Tennessee High Vikings!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry: Sorry… I got caught up in one of those famous “Compasatman style” rants and couldn’t let it go. :( Now you may find that arrogant and boastful… but I call it CONFIDENCE!!! And confidence is definitely needed to succeed in ANYTHING much less high school football. If you don’t believe in you and yours… who else will?

Anyway… what I meant to say is that we set the bar HIGH for our players on the field and in the classroom… and dare them to reach out and grab it. Basically we try to set a standard for them to succeed not only in school but in life. If you guys keep preaching this city slicker vs country bumpkin crap then your kids will grow up with that same chip on their shoulders that you so unknowingly display. It sounds to me that you are more out to prove that you (meaning the Trailblazers) are just as good as we (THS) are, and you deserve to be on the same field… when you should be out to prove that you are the better team and are there to claim your trophy. Cause that’s how I look at it each and every game unless I without a shadow of a doubt know we are going to be dragged behind the pickup. To this day I’ve NEVER bowed down like that... although I have seen the back of that truck a time or two down there around the Kingsport Colonial Heights area. dry.gif Telling your team that they are the “poor little UNDERDOG county boys from Gray, and if they try real hard to have a perfect game they might be able to stay on the field with the BIG BAD (Paper Champion) Vikings”…. and “if you should loose its ok, because we are just Boone and we weren’t suppose to win anyway”. That may work for you, but I tend to want to simply tell our boys that “you are a better team than they are… now go out and prove it”!!!!!!!!!!! :( You see…. looser mentality… winning mentality. ;)