Daniel Boone at Tennessee High ... SHOWDOWN IN THE CASTLE

v_i_k_i_n_g

If I remember correctely the heart of this Boone team has been together since jv county ball at Grey and they were a good team then. I think either team could win. Boone must play almost perfect ball and the vikes will need to turn the ball over a time or two. Boone is better than a lot of people think, but if TH can break their spirit early it could get ugly. Either way the little ole county school out in the country has proven it can play with any one. Good luck and be safe to both teams GO RAIDERS

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I need to clear a few misconceptions up about this Viking team that obviously came about as a result of the DB game. It’s been long enough for the Indians ego to heal, so let me be honest and scrape off the sugar. In the second half Coach Stubbs simply called off the dogs and decided to play it safe by running the clock out after the INT by Steele. He (and most) knew that there was NO WAY DB would be able to come back from a 27 to 0 halftime deficit… especially without CS unless we handed them a couple of big plays on defense and awaked the sleeping DB spirit. I’m sure with Steele’s INT, flashbacks of J. THROP aka. Lion Heart in 06’ were in the back of the coaching staff’s mind, when he ran an INT and a fumble recovery back to back for touchdowns… and blew the game wide open. There was no big defensive adjustment by DB… Stubbs just sat on the lead. With Tallman… he is a FB in every sense of the word. He loves to crack heads and open holes for Keenan and the others but doesn’t mind getting a touch or two himself sometimes. By no means is he our featured back…. BUT IF YOU CAN’T STOP HIM, what’s a (good) coach to do?! Keenan Sheppard is our featured back, and if he is able to come back anywhere near 100% … trust me… you won’t need me to remind you of that!!! In most games Tallman is just one of the talented and versatile tools in the bag. And with our passing game, it goes back to the point with Tallman… if DB would have been able to even remotely slow him down then believe me, the “Gunslinger” Harmon would have gladly stepped on stage. Bottom line is…. Why pass the ball on a team if they can’t stop the ground game. I thought the DB game would have finally given the Vikings the deserved credit but several have done their best to explain this DOMONANT performance away to sickness, injury, weather, waking up on the wrong side of the bed… you name it. So maybe this will be the one that gets them the respect. :D Then again you have South fans that still think they can play with DB???! :D

Well granted to that, and I can't take away from your dominating game against DB. Your misconceptions have cleared up quite a bit, since I just go by what I hear on here. If it works, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. The TN High team is clicking so they just need to keep doing what they are doing.

But you bring up a point, you are making an argument that you talked about with me a few weeks ago. Credit from other teams will always be played off as being someone else's fault or sickness or luck. People have said this Boone team is lucky, people have said they've only won because of overconfidence. Taking South into overtime was big for the boys, beating DB was huge, shutting out Cherokee and Science Hill is big for boys from Boone. I'm sure you will agree that TN High and teams with winning traditions have a different philosophy, but it is a big different out here for Boone. And so far...it has worked. If it ain't broke...why change what you are doing just because other people think you should act a different way. In my mind, and I never played against DB, any time you can win against them it is huge because of their reputation. Same goes for us but a week later you have people on here saying "Boone ain't that good" "Boone got lucky" "Boone will lose this week for sure"

We take things as they come and I am sure they are ready for some Viking love, besides...what better determination can you have for a team than wanting to beat the best team in the state?

Blazer...I garowntee one thing. You beat Bristol and you will have erbydies respect. Hands down. No discussion. Just drop jawed, wide eyed, respect. They not gonna overlook you. I know I said they sometimes are overconfident but that's just their history. Trust me...this is your state championship.

I can take that, but against all things you know what I think Boone really wants? Another shot at Sullivan South.

Boone beats Tennessee High....Tennessee High Beats South.... Boone wins Big 8 championship since they beat both 6A teams in conference. You heard it here first. :flower:

Boone 24 Tn High 17 ( Fundamentals )

Even if I am wrong this will probably be the best game all year to this point in the Big 8.

I'll play Devil's Advocate and say you are right.... unless TN High beats Boone by 4 TD's....which people said DB would do to TN High....and which people said South and DB would do to Boone....and which the JC Press said SH would do to Boone....funny old world.

Boone beats Tennessee High....Tennessee High Beats South.... Boone wins Big 8 championship since they beat both 6A teams in conference. You heard it here first. :thumb:

Even if I am wrong this will probably be the best game all year to this point in the Big 8.

I'll play Devil's Advocate and say you are right.... unless TN High beats Boone by 4 TD's....which people said DB would do to TN High....and which people said South and DB would do to Boone....and which the JC Press said SH would do to Boone....funny old world.

Tennessee High beats Boone, Tennessee High beats South, Tennessee High wins Big 8 conference championship since they beat everybody in the conference! :thumb:

How's that for confidence?

Tennessee High 31 (pure dominance)

Boone 14

:flower:

Boone beats Tennessee High....Tennessee High Beats South.... Boone wins Big 8 championship since they beat both 6A teams in conference. You heard it here first. :thumb:

Tennessee High beats Boone, Tennessee High beats South, Tennessee High wins Big 8 conference championship since they beat everybody in the conference! :thumb:

How's that for confidence?

Tennessee High 31 (pure dominance)

Boone 14

:flower:

Possibility.... Nothing wrong with confidence. Gotta have it!! What's the weather for Friday Night? I disagree with someone who said that rain would give TH the advantage, I think rain will help Boone more than TH.

I personally don't see TH winning by 17 points but it could happen. 3 to 7 point game is more likely IMO.

Woke up this morning to a nice surprise. Boone is now listed as 6th in the state in 5A. No first place votes, but TN High got 18 and of course they are 1st in the state still. Doesn't mean anything besides opinions, and it is great for the kids and confidence.

I don't like the rankings. I feel that all of the teams listed in the 5A poll still have something to prove. I don't see any other team taking the #1 spot until Tennessee loses.

Boone beats Tennessee High....Tennessee High Beats South.... Boone wins Big 8 championship since they beat both 6A teams in conference. You heard it here first.

Possibility.... Nothing wrong with confidence. Gotta have it!! What's the weather for Friday Night? I disagree with someone who said that rain would give TH the advantage, I think rain will help Boone more than TH.

I personally don't see TH winning by 17 points but it could happen. 3 to 7 point game is more likely IMO.

No disrespect, but I believe once again this year the best game/match-up will be saved for last. I expect nothing but another 07’ classic in Death Valley. Some things you can’t get from stats, records, or rankings… you just feel it.

:roflol: <<<< This will be the look on MANY of the Trailblazers faces as the band takes the field at halftime. :thumb: Once again a Big 8 team is going to be given a REALITY CHECK in the Castle. Two good teams, but 1st and 6th best 5A teams in the State… I doubt it. But we all know that on any given Friday night… and at least we are showing up on the map. I can’t speak for Boone but the Vikings will represent N.E.T. well.

I’m sticking with my 21 point spread, and I’ll raise you that Boone won’t get over 180 TOTAL offensive yards in this game. Now how’s that for confidents DarkHorse. :?

Woke up this morning to a nice surprise. Boone is now listed as 6th in the state in 5A. No first place votes, but TN High got 18 and of course they are 1st in the state still. Doesn't mean anything besides opinions, and it is great for the kids and confidence.

I don't like the rankings. I feel that all of the teams listed in the 5A poll still have something to prove. I don't see any other team taking the #1 spot until Tennessee loses.

The local team that I would not want to meet in the playoffs would be South when they get that QB back and are hitting their stride.When you clear out of the east,having that ranking will be a monster bullseye