Daniel Boone at Tennessee High ... SHOWDOWN IN THE CASTLE

v_i_k_i_n_g

If this game is played in the rain Boone looses. Otherwise, turnovers will turn the table. You can't make silly mistakes and beat this Viking squad. With ball control being the objective of both, scoring with each posession will be a prerequisite. I don't see Boone winning this game under just about any circumstances, however there is some chance. If Boone plays assignment football they will lose. They don't have the athletes to go toe to toe with Bristol. They will most likely sell out to the run like any one watching film of the Vikings would do and that will get you burned. Boones only chance in my view is to get to Harmon and put a screw in his head. Fat chance but my game plan. You obviously have to stop the run but Bristol has a nice little collection of those guys and will send a different one each play if needed. Harmon and Tallman. How Boone deals with these two names will determine how long they hang around. And how many times has Harmon been sacked this season? There you go.

"I don't see Boone winning this game under just about any circumstances"

Come now, this Boone squad took your team to the ropes and beat DB, I would give my boys more of a chance than you seem to be giving them comp. Boone has plenty of athletes and more speed than you give them. Boone is a different team from weeks three and five, which all teams should be. I do know that you are correct saying they can't make mistakes against the Vikings tho. Penalty wise, only one bad call I can think of last week where the ball was thrown, ball was in the hands of a Volunteer player, we hit them, knocked the ball loose, the ref threw a flag anyway. Some holding calls will go both ways I am sure, and I think Boone hasn't lost the ball on a fumble or INT the past two weeks, so they have that momentum going for them as well.

I do see notes of where you are not counting them out, but I think they have more of a chance than some here seem to be saying.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beware...the Black Devil Train has been spotted easing up the tracks near Fordtown Rd. The stench of Death and Destruction wafts through the air as it ambles on to it's destination. Trailblazers or Vikings...who will inherit the feast this week. The Black Devil Bird marinades in its' putred slime as it demonically attracts it's venom. Aaahhh, such a taste for a rabid loser. The disenchantment of failure...the spoilage of defeat...the bitter taste of slavery. It is all awaiting you. One of you will consume...one will be consumed! :mrgreen:

Beware...the Black Devil Train has been spotted easing up the tracks near Fordtown Rd. The stench of Death and Destruction wafts through the air as it ambles on to it's destination. Trailblazers or Vikings...who will inherit the feast this week. The Black Devil Bird marinades in its' putred slime as it demonically attracts it's venom. Aaahhh, such a taste for a rabid loser. The disenchantment of failure...the spoilage of defeat...the bitter taste of slavery. It is all awaiting you. One of you will consume...one will be consumed! :mrgreen:

I hear that whistle blowin

It"s comin round the bend

It's stoppin in ole Bristol

To visit Cap again :thumb:

If this game is played in the rain Boone looses. Otherwise, turnovers will turn the table. You can't make silly mistakes and beat this Viking squad. With ball control being the objective of both, scoring with each posession will be a prerequisite. I don't see Boone winning this game under just about any circumstances, however there is some chance. If Boone plays assignment football they will lose. They don't have the athletes to go toe to toe with Bristol. They will most likely sell out to the run like any one watching film of the Vikings would do and that will get you burned. Boones only chance in my view is to get to Harmon and put a screw in his head. Fat chance but my game plan. You obviously have to stop the run but Bristol has a nice little collection of those guys and will send a different one each play if needed. Harmon and Tallman. How Boone deals with these two names will determine how long they hang around. And how many times has Harmon been sacked this season? There you go.

I agree with your mistake factor for this game... but I think the shoe is on the other foot. Boone is a solid team that doesn't seem to make many mental mistakes or turnovers. Their track record shows that they WILL make you pay for making turnovers. That's the one thing that could be considered as a concern for me... along with being able to handle #50 for the Blazers. If both teams play a perfect game.... IMO we just simply out man the Blazers. With the Vikings on O, it's pretty much a situation of picking your poison. There is literally a different player on stage each and every game. The unselfish play and versatility has become the staple of this years Viking team. For instance... SEVEN different players scored for the Vikings in Friday nights game. Against DB... Howard scored twice, Tallman once, and Graham had two field goals (43 and 34). Against Volunteer there were SIX different Vikings that reached pay dirt! And I dare say that it was with a 60/40 split, run vs pass. So like I said... PICK YOUR POISON. I say with confidence that Boone hasn't faced an offense with near as many legitimate weapons.

Beware...the Black Devil Train has been spotted easing up the tracks near Fordtown Rd. The stench of Death and Destruction wafts through the air as it ambles on to it's destination. Trailblazers or Vikings...who will inherit the feast this week. The Black Devil Bird marinades in its' putred slime as it demonically attracts it's venom. Aaahhh, such a taste for a rabid loser. The disenchantment of failure...the spoilage of defeat...the bitter taste of slavery. It is all awaiting you. One of you will consume...one will be consumed! :thumb:

Doesn't eating crow only happen when someone claims their team is going to win, no doubts behind it, and then the next day after you lose you get it. Boone fans don't eat crow, we'll stick with going down to Food City and getting something prepackaged and tasty thanks.

And looking at the big picture, I see South fans will want Boone to take TN High down this week and claim a win next week to be the undisputed champs of the conference again. Although the way things have been said in the forum, you have two teams that are acting wary toward each other. I can't remember the last time we played each other except in the old Big 6 conference, and that was a different coach, different kids, and different O and D, so looking toward history in that regard won't be too helpful. Boone also has it going for them since the kids only have seen each other in other sports, no football. Much like the DB Tribe walk, Boone really doesn't have anything knowingly to fear in going to the stone castle. What I mean to say is that South has been in Boone's heads for a while, so Boone kids always have that in the back of their mind, but TN High and DB are teams we haven't seen so there ya go. Well... from my point of view anyway, I always knew TN High to be a tough team you just have to keep hitting and hitting without making mistakes. If you can keep the game where you are in control physically, you can walk out with a win. You let TN High see that they got the game, their confidence grows and they just won't let up.

Beware...the Black Devil Train has been spotted easing up the tracks near Fordtown Rd. The stench of Death and Destruction wafts through the air as it ambles on to it's destination. Trailblazers or Vikings...who will inherit the feast this week. The Black Devil Bird marinades in its' putred slime as it demonically attracts it's venom. Aaahhh, such a taste for a rabid loser. The disenchantment of failure...the spoilage of defeat...the bitter taste of slavery. It is all awaiting you. One of you will consume...one will be consumed! :thumb:

Doesn't eating crow only happen when someone claims their team is going to win, no doubts behind it, and then the next day after you lose you get it. Boone fans don't eat crow, we'll stick with going down to Food City and getting something prepackaged and tasty thanks.

And looking at the big picture, I see South fans will want Boone to take TN High down this week and claim a win next week to be the undisputed champs of the conference again. Although the way things have been said in the forum, you have two teams that are acting wary toward each other. I can't remember the last time we played each other except in the old Big 6 conference, and that was a different coach, different kids, and different O and D, so looking toward history in that regard won't be too helpful. Boone also has it going for them since the kids only have seen each other in other sports, no football. Much like the DB Tribe walk, Boone really doesn't have anything knowingly to fear in going to the stone castle. What I mean to say is that South has been in Boone's heads for a while, so Boone kids always have that in the back of their mind, but TN High and DB are teams we haven't seen so there ya go. Well... from my point of view anyway, I always knew TN High to be a tough team you just have to keep hitting and hitting without making mistakes. If you can keep the game where you are in control physically, you can walk out with a win. You let TN High see that they got the game, their confidence grows and they just won't let up.

Blazer, there is nothing more intimidating than seeing a bunch of fans sitting on their hands. :blink: The Trailblazers have been forewarned. :thumb:

I would say most South fans should be rooting for TN High for several reasons. First, I think we would prefer a very good TH High team coming off a win versus a loss. Playing a team who is #1 in the state has to get your juices flowing. If we win, the fact that we would have the same record as them is irrelevant to me. If you beat the team you are tied with - you win period. Second, and probably more importantly if Boone beats TN High and South loses to TN High - South is third in the conference. If Boone loses and South loses to TN High then South is second - having the tiebreaker over Boone. Of course, all of this assumes South and Boone both beat Crockett (definitely not a given). Crockett can definitely still make the playoffs if they beat both South and Boone - and maybe if as a wildcard if they beat just one.

Go Rebels! One game at a time.

I agree totally Blazer. There is no psychology for Boone in this game. That is a large plus. Maybe just the plus that will be needed. It really does even the playing field. Now if that equates to TD's then you are in business. It probably will be the most interesting game to date in NET. Playing at the Castle is a plus in my view. The best lit field in the area. No shadows. The Vikings are to be commended for such a fine place to play. I love Souths field with plenty of seating but the stands are so far from the field because of the track and we need two more poles of lights. The home endzone is rather dark.

I need to clear a few misconceptions up about this Viking team that obviously came about as a result of the DB game. It’s been long enough for the Indians ego to heal, so let me be honest and scrape off the sugar. In the second half Coach Stubbs simply called off the dogs and decided to play it safe by running the clock out after the INT by Steele. He (and most) knew that there was NO WAY DB would be able to come back from a 27 to 0 halftime deficit… especially without CS unless we handed them a couple of big plays on defense and awaked the sleeping DB spirit. I’m sure with Steele’s INT, flashbacks of J. THROP aka. Lion Heart in 06’ were in the back of the coaching staff’s mind, when he ran an INT and a fumble recovery back to back for touchdowns… and blew the game wide open. There was no big defensive adjustment by DB… Stubbs just sat on the lead. With Tallman… he is a FB in every sense of the word. He loves to crack heads and open holes for Keenan and the others but doesn’t mind getting a touch or two himself sometimes. By no means is he our featured back…. BUT IF YOU CAN’T STOP HIM, what’s a (good) coach to do?! Keenan Sheppard is our featured back, and if he is able to come back anywhere near 100% … trust me… you won’t need me to remind you of that!!! In most games Tallman is just one of the talented and versatile tools in the bag. And with our passing game, it goes back to the point with Tallman… if DB would have been able to even remotely slow him down then believe me, the “Gunslinger” Harmon would have gladly stepped on stage. Bottom line is…. Why pass the ball on a team if they can’t stop the ground game. I thought the DB game would have finally given the Vikings the deserved credit but several have done their best to explain this DOMONANT performance away to sickness, injury, weather, waking up on the wrong side of the bed… you name it. So maybe this will be the one that gets them the respect. :blush: Then again you have South fans that still think they can play with DB???! :blush:

I need to clear a few misconceptions up about this Viking team that obviously came about as a result of the DB game. It’s been long enough for the Indians ego to heal, so let me be honest and scrape off the sugar. In the second half Coach Stubbs simply called off the dogs and decided to play it safe by running the clock out after the INT by Steele. He (and most) knew that there was NO WAY DB would be able to come back from a 27 to 0 halftime deficit… especially without CS unless we handed them a couple of big plays on defense and awaked the sleeping DB spirit. I’m sure with Steele’s INT, flashbacks of J. THROP aka. Lion Heart in 06’ were in the back of the coaching staff’s mind, when he ran an INT and a fumble recovery back to back for touchdowns… and blew the game wide open. There was no big defensive adjustment by DB… Stubbs just sat on the lead. With Tallman… he is a FB in every sense of the word. He loves to crack heads and open holes for Keenan and the others but doesn’t mind getting a touch or two himself sometimes. By no means is he our featured back…. BUT IF YOU CAN’T STOP HIM, what’s a (good) coach to do?! Keenan Sheppard is our featured back, and if he is able to come back anywhere near 100% … trust me… you won’t need me to remind you of that!!! In most games Tallman is just one of the talented and versatile tools in the bag. And with our passing game, it goes back to the point with Tallman… if DB would have been able to even remotely slow him down then believe me, the “Gunslinger” Harmon would have gladly stepped on stage. Bottom line is…. Why pass the ball on a team if they can’t stop the ground game. I thought the DB game would have finally given the Vikings the deserved credit but several have done their best to explain this DOMONANT performance away to sickness, injury, weather, waking up on the wrong side of the bed… you name it. So maybe this will be the one that gets them the respect. :blush: Then again you have South fans that still think they can play with DB???! :blush:

I was at the game and I saw Stubbs send in the 2's...1.5's! I saw the versatility. You guys have the complete package. Tallman may not be the featured back but even on a bad day he is a load. I've seen Shephard burn people before including South. All I'm saying is you have not seen South play this year. You saw DB but you didn't see South. Just like in '06 when the Vikings played Volunteer in the playoffs. It was not the Vikings. I love you man but you did not see Knox West. We probably won't return to that level of play but if we do you will have competition. I can't and won't argue with the Vikings ability this year because it's pointless. You are where you are because you haven't found anyone yet that can play with you. And I don't believe Clinton or Farragut could either. I'm not going to name you state champ yet but everyone feels it. But there's not a Souther worth his weight in Crowe that won't tell you we can compete with you. I'm not the only one to have seen you play. But when you beat us on the field then I will be at your service. And a dedicated fan all the way to Cookville. You should know that you will get our best and most focused effort. We will make it a good rep for you I promise. Not another DB.