Daniel Boone at Tennessee High ... SHOWDOWN IN THE CASTLE

v_i_k_i_n_g

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's get to going in a few hours. Gittery and high expectations from not only Boone, but from TN High. I want a slobbernocker, I want an all our slug fest (in football terms of course not wrastlin ya'll) between the two teams because for one...i'm sick of some talk and I still hear it from Rebel Yell. So I think it's time we see a put up or shut up. Both teams go out, give it their all, and whoever loses, the better team won, no excuses. The whispers around Gray are full of excitement, plenty of people coming out of the woods for this one I hope.

I'm not in control of what the team does, but by golly it's time for Boone to come out and make everyone shut up. They are that good, they are capable of playing with DB, and I'm looking for a good game. Boone by 14, long hard fought game, and the Blazers will come out on top. All fans, drive safe, all crow eaters shall be filling up tomorrow whomever wins.

Hats off to TN High, we are a coming, and if you don't come with your best, then I'll be disappointed.

:D I don’t know what kind of sign this was, but…… I went to Applebee’s for lunch out on the Parkway today. I had an issue at work and before I ordered I had to go outside to use the phone. I ended up coming back into the breezeway because there were these loud CROWING noises outside. It didn’t dawn on me at first, but when it did I immediately opened the door to look outside. :roll: Sure enough there were several large crows circling the area making all kinds of noise. TRUE STORY. Only way I choose to look at this is….. SOMEBODY’S IN TROUBLE TONIGHT!!!! Because I have this feeling it’s not going to be pretty.

FormerBlazer, DarkHorse and crew…. it’s been allot of fun this week with you guys and I’m like you… may the best team win no excuses. I have to be honest. I’m starting to feel like Doctor Phil after some of your boys threw the “don’t be afraid of the CROW” counseling sessions. Drive safely… leave the rain in Gray… and have an injury free game. Oh yea… don’t forget your bottle of sauce on your way out. I’ll have a sale going on about halfway through the third quarter if you’re interested. :angry:

The Black Devil Crowe Train is sitting in the country maranading the discusting delicacy. This train is moving slowly for it is packed full of a Black Menu of the wicked bird. A touchdown will slow it down Vikings. As well a touchdown will speed it up 'Blazers. Lookout for this Devil Train might just go full stoke after about 8:30p. If after halftime you start smelling the putred smell of evil flesh then you will know what fate is in store. There is a place not far from Boone where the tracks go under a bridge for just the right place to set up a feeding station for the Blazers for a whole week. The Vikings have a tried and true place a couple of blocks from the Castle where there is a semi-permanent place for the wicked train. Woe be unto the inheritor of the train this week for it is a special load of the putred dish. As the Raven train rolls quietly through the countryside the boiling over of the Devil Juice and the wafting smell causes sickness as it ambles throught the countryside. Destroying vegitation and rusting even the finest metals on it's way. Say your graces for it the evening of of the Raven..."Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered weak and weary,

Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore,

While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,

As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door.

`'Tis some visitor,' I muttered, `tapping at my chamber door -

Only this, and nothing more.' Qouth the Raven Nevermore. :angry:

WHeeew!! I was sweating bullets there for a little while. :roflolk:

Vikes started out fast and jumped up 24-6 then a couple of bad plays, a botched punt at our own 10 and a pick 6 for Boone and its 24-20 too close for comfort at the half.

But thats why we play two half's. Second half was all Vikes, except for the opening drive for Boone.

Harmon..man that kid can play.. i don,t know how many yards he threw for but it was a whole lot more than just a few.and 5 TDs I believe ..I lost count. Boone D was as advertised they are tough on the run , but Harmon with his WRs the passing game were just to much to over come. Boone I would not hesitate to say is the best team we have faced this year so far IMO. They did a great job against the run all night except for a couple plays.

Viking D stepped up in the second half and came up with some big stops and forced a couple bad throws. All in All great game from both sides..Boone you have nothing to hang your heads about you guys played your hearts out and nothing but respect from this viking fan ..good luck next week and in the play-offs :popcorneater:

Good game Boone. A lot of H-E-A-R-T with your players. Always getting after it on the field. THS you are Awesome! Harmon re-breaks his own new school record with single game Passing Yards 323 is now 325. Prior to Harmon it was something like 275 Bibee in 1972 (i think). Also blew away another record 5 touchdown passes in a single game.

I hope no one is injured on both sides.

p.s. Cap, I'm a hardcore Viking fan.

Congrats Vikings on the big win tonight. Vikings jumped up 24-6 and then in the 2nd quarter it seemed like everything that could go wrong for the Vikings did go wrong. The score was 24-20 at the half. The Vikings came out and played a great 2nd half winning 51-26. The running game wasn't impressive tonight but I think Taylor Harmon and his slew of receivers really stepped up tonight. It's great when you can throw on teams like David Crockett and Sullivan Central, but to win from here on out you have to be able to throw it against some of the better teams and that's what Tennessee High did here tonight. Harmon had 5 touchdown passes and I think he was 15 for 20 for about 335 yards.

This game reminded me a lot of the Greeneville game. Boone has a great defense and I think they stopped the running game with the exception of one or two plays. The Blazers, however, really struggled defending the pass tonight.

I agree with one of the previous posters who said that this probably the best team Tennessee has faced thus far. They showed a lot of heart fighting back from 24-6 deficit and continued playing hard for the rest of the game.

That stupid double pass caught the Vikings again tonight. :thumb: The only times they have been beat deep all year was from that very trick play.